So where do we go from here?

Dave

Leaving aside the ins and outs of whose fault this all is (that's been covered adequately in about a million other threads), what now?

Do you feel we'll still have a positive season on the pitch? The new players look promising so far and we've managed to hold on to Owen - though I doubt he'll be here next year.

Will we be in for a relegation scrap? Or can a new manager inspire us all to the same top ten finish I believe we were in for?

Guest Anth.Nufc

Let's hope so, after a good start some good signings hopefully the 2 on deadline day will be good too. I just hope the players can get on with things.

I honestly don't see much changing on the pitch tbh. Still expect us to be knocking in and around the top 8 or 9.

That's a very positive outlook. :thup:

Not sure I agree at this point in time though. It all depends on how the players react to Keegan leaving. By all accounts they were starting to relax and enjoy themselves again - is this atmosphere now ruined?

I think we can a still have a good season, the players seem to have bought into a better style of football - let's hope it won't disolve because Keegan has left.

The fans are very important as well, I believe we'd be better served in getting behind the players than using the match as a way to protest and get at Ashley.

I think there will probably be a new manager in place by the Hull game, so that might have an impact as well.

We definitely won't be in trouble this season, the players have too much quality. That's why I can't hate on the recruitment team too much!

Dpends who comes in tbh.  If a foreign coach comes in I expect it to take longer before the players understand his system as with Keegan his tactics are pretty simple and I can't see soemone else coming in with a  similar approach as I don't think anyone else has his.  If it's someone who has managed in the Premier League before I'd expect top 10 if not 13th and above.

We need to appoint a manager that can continue Keegan's on-field progress, which imo, has been to get the first team using the football on the floor rather than the route one approach of Allardyce, Souness etc.

We need someone who will keep the new boys, as well as the existing decent players (see Owen etc) happy and not someone likely to get people's backs up.

My money, fwiw, will be on one of;

- Redknapp or;

- Up and coming Spanish Manager

Not necessarily my preferences but that's what I think will happen.

The downside, of course, is that there is nobody who will be accepted as KK's successor in the way that Dalglish was initially.

Shearer is the only one who may get a good shot at it but there's little chance of him wanting it.

I can't think of anyone else who we could appoint that could appease the fans.

FWIW, and a controversial viewpoint perhaps, I'd be in favour of the new structure staying as it is if we can find a new Manager prepared to work within it.

I said in another thread yesterday, I am looking forward to seeing Xisco and Nacho play their first matches. I am concerned as to whether there is going to be a split camp in the team now between older players and new, also how the negative fan reaction will affect team morale in general. It will be a difficult period for whoever comes in as manager, but a win against Hull could see our season stay on course.

I honestly don't see much changing on the pitch tbh. Still expect us to be knocking in and around the top 8 or 9.

That's a very positive outlook. :thup:

Not sure I agree at this point in time though. It all depends on how the players react to Keegan leaving. By all accounts they were starting to relax and enjoy themselves again - is this atmosphere now ruined?

I remember the last time, Dalglish initially had a sluggish start, but in the end, the players came round to the idea of a new manager, and he took us from 5th, to the Champions League.

Obviously it didn't last long, but it's not the be all and end all imo.

Guest Micktoon

A lot is going to depend on the morale of the team. We have a fair portion of winnable games coming up, but the mood of the players will be defining.

Guest Anth.Nufc

A lot is going to depend on the morale of the team. We have a fair portion of winnable games coming up, but the mood of the players will be defining.

This is the main worry, you had people like given who said we needed to sign more players etc. So if it is wise who takes charge/temporary, they know he is the reason for all this so why should they respond to him.

On the other hand they could all be professional about it :dontknow:

This is the main worry, you had people like given who said we needed to sign more players etc. So if it is wise who takes charge/temporary, they know he is the reason for all this so why should they respond to him.

If you believe the press, 6 of the players likely to be the squad were brought in by Wise anyway, so I don't see why they'd have a problem.

The effect this is going to have on the squad will go one of two ways, will make them closer and galvanize them or split them and we will see the effect on the pitch.

I cannot see the squad excepting Wise as coach even if its just as a care taker till they appoint a new manager, the fans will definitely not accept him.

I really do fear for the club this season, I think January will see a mass want away from our top players.

The effect this is going to have on the squad will go one of two ways, will make them closer and galvanize them or split them and we will see the effect on the pitch.

I cannot see the squad excepting Wise as coach even if its just as a care taker till they appoint a new manager, the fans will definitely not accept him.

I really do fear for the club this season, I think January will see a mass want away from our top players.

Which top players are those then?

Appoint Chris Hughton until Ashley sells next week and then get Keegan back!

KK's been very clever here I think.

Keegan knew the support he'd get from us and the major uproar that would ensue if he was forced out of the club, so making demands for major structure change wasn't too much of a risk for him as he knew Ashley would either give in to his demands and thus have what he wanted all along, or if he said no the fans and media would be hounding Ashley to sell up and move on!

Now we will see just how stubborn Ashley is but I cannot see a man who bought a club for an ego trip stay when the vast mojority are calling for his head.

If a good offer comes in which I think it will I can see the new owners knowing exactly what they should do in reappointing Keegan and giving him the backing he deserved the first time.

Guest Micktoon

Keegan knew the support he'd get from us and the major uproar that would ensue if he was forced out of the club, so making demands for major structure change wasn't too much of a risk for him as he knew Ashley would either give in to his demands and thus have what he wanted all along, or if he said no the fans and media would be hounding Ashley to sell up and move on!

Now we will see just how stubborn Ashley is but I cannot see a man who bought a club for an ego trip stay when the vast mojority are calling for his head.

If a good offer comes in which I think it will I can see the new owners knowing exactly what they should do in reappointing Keegan and giving him the backing he deserved the first time.

Canny senario, however i won't be holding my breath.

If you believe the press, 6 of the players likely to be the squad were brought in by Wise anyway, so I don't see why they'd have a problem.

bit simplistic, though i'm guessing it's a bit of a pisstake.

even if all that was true (and i'd doubt it to that extent) keegan was the manager who they worked with everyday and who picked the teams. and who it is reported they had a very good rapport with. it's like saying N'Zogbia would be upset if Charlie Woods and Russel Cushing left, as they brought him to the club and negotiated with him to join.

Exactly, this would be the ideal situation for me. Ashley was always after making a quick buck, there will be many investors looking very closely at Newcastle now. Hopefully, one of them will give the fat cunt the few million profit he wants so he can piss off back to London.

Guest neesy111

God Knows

We need to appoint a top european manager who understand's the kind of structure we have at the club

mancini, rjkaard, marcelino would all do for me

but we need stability mostly and unfortunly and i can't see it coming

Its now the fans need to step up, by supporting the team, AND the new manager thats coming in. We might not agree with Ashley on this one, but its in the hard times character comes trough, and with this mess going on, the fans need to step up and show we really are the best around.

Basically :

Short reaction to Ashley, but one that he knows we are dead serious about. Get him to know we want someone of Keegans calibre atleast to takeover.

AND: Full support to the one coming in(atleast if its not wise etc), cause we have a team deserving it if this season turns out to be a success.

Canny senario, however i won't be holding my breath.

Wishful thinking I know but it's just a gut feeling I have.

It can happen if this Indian bloke is coming to the UK on monday to find a club, Ashley if he gets an offer to recoup the cost and his debt clearing will snap whoevers hand off, he's a business man first and formost.

He has no emotional ties with us and surely he's not that thick to stay when we'll never let him forget.