Poyet rules himself out of running for NUFC job

BONTEMPI

Don't forget that two out of the blue goals for Chelsea in the FA cup semi final dumped us out in a game we dominated.  I hated him that day, never forgiven him.

Sums up the logic of about 80% of those against tbh.

Agreed. Its a complete irrelevance that he scored goals against us, it was his job!

Well finally some good news.

Maybe they checked the forums and realized that he wasnt a supporter favourite.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can safely say he's out of the running. I don't buy in to the crap that he wouldn't want to come, managing a huge club, working with his mate, getting a bumper pay rise ! Purely from a financial point of view it's a no brainer for him.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can safely say he's out of the running. I don't buy in to the crap that he wouldn't want to come, managing a huge club, working with his mate, getting a bumper pay rise ! Purely from a financial point of view it's a no brainer for him.

Lets see stay where he is, less hassle and probably the next Spurs manager when Ramos moves on or move to a club in turmoil where the fans will hate him. No brainer is right  :thup:

Lets see stay where he is, less hassle and probably the next Spurs manager when Ramos moves on or move to a club in turmoil where the fans will hate him. No brainer is right  :thup:

Jesus are you the spawn of Baggio ?  Take my quote highlight part of a line then twist it, is that the best you could do ?. Why didn't you highlight "Purely from a financial point of view" ?

Yes of course he'll weigh up the comfort levels he's currently enjoying, but he'll only turn the job down, if offered, if he lacks any sort of ambition or has no desire to increase his income possibly ten fold.

Jesus are you the spawn of Baggio ?  Take my quote highlight part of a line then twist it, is that the best you could do ?. Why didn't you highlight "Purely from a financial point of view" ?

Yes of course he'll weigh up the comfort levels he's currently enjoying, but he'll only turn the job down, if offered, if he lacks any sort of ambition or has no desire to increase his income possibly ten fold.

Oh dear, it seems like someone's idea of a debate is to throw their toys out of the pram when someone disagrees with them.

Maybe Poyet just doesnt feel ready to manage yet, which is fair enough he will learn alot from Ramos.

Suits me. Wouldnt mind him coming on board as assistant, but it would be a bad idea. If it wasnt the press there would be a running thread on here about how he is biding his time to undermine whoever was in charge and take his job.

Lacking ambition is not a reason for him to turn it down but preservation of his reputation is. If it's only the money that brings him then I'll be happy for him not to bother.

Oh dear, it seems like someone's idea of a debate is to throw their toys out of the pram when someone disagrees with them.

No I think you'll find that's you. I don't have a problem in the slightest with people who have a different view to me. I just get pissed off when people try to twist my words to try to make their own point valid. You have done that, by clearly not reading my post and this guy has by highlight only half of a statement.

No I think you'll find that's you. I don't have a problem in the slightest with people who have a different view to me. I just get pissed off when people try to twist my words to try to make their own point valid. You have done that, by clearly not reading my post and this guy has by highlight only half of a statement.

I don't think it's me you angry little man.

Lacking ambition is not a reason for him to turn it down but preservation of his reputation is. If it's only the money that brings him then I'll be happy for him not to bother.

I think with the exception of Tron and Baggio, we'll all be happy if he doesn't bother.

So I've turned from a soccermom to an angry little man, I'm quite the gender crosser aren't I.

'No I think you'll find that's you. I don't have a problem in the slightest with people who have a different view to me. I just get pissed off when people try to twist my words to try to make their own point valid. You have done that, by clearly not reading my post and this guy has by highlight only half of a statement.'

quoting people out of context, and spinning meanings to validate ones own argument, is the lifeblood of this forum.

So I've turned from a soccermom to an angry little man, I'm quite the gender crosser aren't I.

Aye.

From assistant manager to Wise at Swindon, then Leeds, to interpreter at Spurs to assistant manager to Wise at Newcastle. The circle is complete; we are blessed.

Guest elbee909

have we got a quote from Poyet himself ruling himself out?

Then I'll be happy.

"It's very clear that it's nothing at all," Poyet told the club's official website, when quizzed on the speculation.

"I'm very happy here. I've had almost a year back at the club with Juande and Marcos. This is just speculation and it's all too easy because of my relationship with Dennis Wise.

"It's nothing to worry about and all I intend to do is relax and continue with my job."

Poyet's credentials:

As a coach -

Got Leeds relegated to the third tier for the first time in their history and left them at the first opportunity.

As a man -

Barely speaks English after living here 10 years

MATES WITH WISE

Gets angry on MOTD

SPEAKS SPANISH

As a manager -

nil

You forgot to add:

- is an ugly Uruguyan cunt.

Is an ugly Uruguyan cunt.  Added.

My initial reaction as well but surely they must understand what reaction they would get from the fans, in the current situation, if they appointed Poyet after he ruled himself out, meaning that if they were in talks with him, they specifically ask him not to rule himself out ? :)

Don't forget that two out of the blue goals for Chelsea in the FA cup semi final dumped us out in a game we dominated.  I hated him that day, never forgiven him.

Agreed. Its a complete irrelevance that he scored goals against us, it was his job!

It wasn't a genuine criticism I was just stoking the fire to see if I got a spark.  Anyway if you think logically about it he is a non starter.  Because most football fans are creatures of instinct and he is so far tainted by recent events their instincts would tell them never to give him a chance.  He'd be getting boos (rightly or wrongly, its just a fact) before we'd even kicked a ball under him.  He'd have to be the love child of Ferguson and Brian Clough to be a success here.  He'd only cock up his own carrer and set us back another year or two and allow another smug sky sports presenter to say crap like 'it's never dull in Newcastle' and 'Newcastle are now looking for their 7th manager in 5 years' etc etc.

It wasn't a genuine criticism I was just stoking the fire to see if I got a spark.  Anyway if you think logically about it he is a non starter.  Because most football fans are creatures of instinct and he is so far tainted by recent events their instincts would tell them never to give him a chance.  He'd be getting boos (rightly or wrongly, its just a fact) before we'd even kicked a ball under him.  He'd have to be the love child of Ferguson and Brian Clough to be a success here.  He'd only cock up his own carrer and set us back another year or two and allow another smug sky sports presenter to say crap like 'it's never dull in Newcastle' and 'Newcastle are now looking for their 7th manager in 5 years' etc etc.

I agree it would be like adding fuel to the fire and it's a fair point. Other than that though, he is highly rated inside the game, him and Wise were not welcomed at Leeds but by the time Poyet left, the fans had been won round. He would obviously fit in with 'Team Ashley' which might not be popular, but will work better from the club's point of view. Ashley might just reason that he's so unpopular, now what difference would it make bringing one more in?

I agree it would be like adding fuel to the fire and it's a fair point. Other than that though, he is highly rated inside the game, him and Wise were not welcomed at Leeds but by the time Poyet left, the fans had been won round. He would obviously fit in with 'Team Ashley' which might not be popular, but will work better from the club's point of view. Ashley might just reason that he's so unpopular, now what difference would it make bringing one more in?

To me his credentials are fine but they are not good enough to justify the massive f*** you to fans a move like this would suggest on behalf of Ashley.  People seems to forget that we are still an attractive option, our status as a secure Premier League club alone makes us this without even considering fan base and all the other crap people harp on about, just look who the Spammers were interviewing for evidence of this.  We can do better while upsetting alot less people.