Who are actually the realistic candidates for manager?

stozo

Who are they when you consider these criteria.

- No traditional British manager will have the job when they don't have 100% control. The only way we get a British manager is if we get someone desperate who hasn't had a job for ages and will take anything.

- Must be able to work with a Director of Football.

- Has to be comfortable not just having a DoF but is prepared for the DoF to overrule him at times. That likely rules out the likes of Deschamps and Terim as they have both left previous club due to disputes with the board over transfers.

- Most likely needs to be attack minded or he's gonna get lynched by the fans. I think Ashley, Wise & Co. are clever enough to keep that under consideration when picking a manager.

So when you consider the above criteria who can we think of that would realistically make a shortlist?

It's going to be incredibly difficult to satisfy the majority, unless the man who comes in gets off to a stupendous start. Like you say, no British manager will take it. No established manager will take it. Those sorts of managers won't work beneath Dennis Wise. So it's gonna be someone relatively unknown, (atleast to non-internet nerds, like 90% of SJP) - which will probably just infuriate the average fan further.

It is the approach which i would prefer though, under this set-up. Young, up-and-coming, European. Any established manager won't sit with it for long enough, as we've already seen. Even appointing Mourinho would have me biting nails rather than jumping for joy.

I'm probably in a minority there though.

It's going to be incredibly difficult to satisfy the majority, unless the man who comes in gets off to a stupendous start. Like you say, no British manager will take it. No established manager will take it. Those sorts of managers won't work beneath Dennis Wise. So it's gonna be someone relatively unknown, (atleast to non-internet nerds, like 90% of SJP) - which will probably just infuriate the average fan further.

It is the approach which i would prefer though, under this set-up. Young, up-and-coming, European. Any established manager won't sit with it for long enough, as we've already seen. Even appointing Mourinho would have me biting nails rather than jumping for joy.

I'm probably in a minority there though.

If you are minority, i must be aswell. Pretty much agree with what you have said there. The three managers i mentioned above were the only British managers i can think of that we might have a chance of tempting.

I can see it being Coleman  tbh.

Possibly Curbishley or Strachan if we're lucky (yes it's that bad).

You off your tits or summat?

Not really...just saying i can see the board turning to him. He definately wouldn't be my choice.