Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Jonas may make space but that's not much use when he trips over his own leg and gives the opposition the ball back.

He's irritating as fuck and has, for the most part, been poor this season. I'd still start him every game mind. Plus he's still got lovely hair.

History seems to have been rewritten when it comes to N'Zogbia.  I can't remember hardly anyone liking him when he was here, now he's one of the most dangerous wingers around.  ;D

I always said I thought he was a good player worth keeping. At one point I remember posting that I'd sooner sell Owen than N'Zogbia...

Was sick when we sold Zog. The only player who used his pace effectively and the only midfielder with end product. Inconsistent and on an off day could be dire, but he was exciting to watch and had alot more in his locker than he was given credit for.

Alot of what has been said about him has been over the top imo. He was treated like shit by successive managers who preferred the utterly wank and "model pro" Duff over him. It was only a matter of time before he kicked up a fuss and left, I don't expect any footballer to be happy if he's dropped for someone useless, especially if it's an ongoing thing for several years, and then topped off with an imbecile in JFK taking the piss as the icing on the cake.

The thing with Zog that allways annoyed me was that he seemed to run into defenders instead of going around them  :rolleyes:

Amazing considering he always had the option of passing it to the free running Nicky Butt by his side.

Was sick when we sold Zog. The only player who used his pace effectively and the only midfielder with end product. Inconsistent and on an off day could be dire, but he was exciting to watch and had alot more in his locker than he was given credit for.

Alot of what has been said about him has been over the top imo. He was treated like shit by successive managers who preferred the utterly wank and "model pro" Duff over him. It was only a matter of time before he kicked up a fuss and left, I don't expect any footballer to be happy if he's dropped for someone useless, especially if it's an ongoing thing for several years, and then topped off with an imbecile in JFK taking the piss as the icing on the cake.

Yet Duff played better than N'Zogbia when he was dropped.

I hated more or less everything about what Duff brought to our team

Me too. I remember when we first signed him, he'd get the ball out wide, walk up to the opposition right back, shuffle his feet a few times, then pass it back to Babayaro on the halfway line. Nothing really ever changed, under Kinnear he was getting 90 mins every game and producing the sum total of fuck all every week. I can only remember two assists last year and they both came from deflected crosses [stoke (a), Man City (h)].

Guest firetotheworks

Duff was actually at his best upfront for us I believe.

I dont mean to sound sarky, but imo he was best on the bench. At least when he came on the full back was usually tired so his efforts would be more rewarding.

I think people forget too quickly just how rarely Duff and Zog did anything note-worthy.

No matter how good he is now, Milner was average for us.

Or maybe we made him look worse because our central midfielders all sat back watching instead of offering options?

Was it their faults as well that he couldn't beat the first man when crossing?

Or maybe we made him look worse because our central midfielders all sat back watching instead of offering options?

got to question the coaching and other stuff at the club as duff is now playing much better, milner is,bramble is and we pissed n'zog and soooooo many others off into not giving a s***.

got to question the coaching and other stuff at the club as duff is now playing much better, milner is,bramble is and we pissed n'zog and soooooo many others off into not giving a s***.

Duff and Bramble couldn't play any worse. I'd like to see if they are actually playing much better, they aren't as scrutinized as they were here.

Bramble is making the same amount of mistakes as he was, mistakes that would be criticised for weeks on end here, that won't be the case at Wigan.

As for Milner, he's simply playing in a better team.

Duff and Bramble couldn't play any worse. I'd like to see if they are actually playing much better, they aren't as scrutinized as they were here.

Bramble is making the same amount of mistakes as he was, mistakes that would be criticised for weeks on end here, that won't be the case at Wigan.

As for Milner, he's simply playing in a better team.

and doing well.