Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest Stephen927

Enrique was really getting into it towards the end there, whereas Jonas never quite got the hang of how to hold the stick.  ;D

Newcastle's Jonas explains why Spiderman mask ditched

Newcastle United winger Jonas Gutierrez has explained why he's ditched his Spiderman mask since arriving in England.

He said: “I was in the cinema one day and I met a family. I was talking with the dad and his kids and I promised them the next time I scored I would put on a Spiderman mask.

“I did it just once, two seasons ago against Osasuna. I did it for the kids. Maybe I will do it again, everyone says do it again. But the rules have changed and if I do it, I will get booked. It is shame but what can I do?

“I kept the mask in my pants and it got a bit sweaty. People still call me Spiderman in the street though and I like it.

“I like to have fun. It isn’t a bad thing. To give me a yellow card for something like that or pulling your shirt over your head is a shame. Perhaps I will ring FIFA! Or maybe just shoot the webs out of my hand and forget the mask. Everyone wants to see it now.”

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle United winger Jonas Gutierrez has explained why he's ditched his Spiderman mask since arriving in England.

He said: I was in the cinema one day and I met a family. I was talking with the dad and his kids and I promised them the next time I scored I would put on a Spiderman mask.

I did it just once, two seasons ago against Osasuna. I did it for the kids. Maybe I will do it again, everyone says do it again. But the rules have changed and if I do it, I will get booked. It is shame but what can I do?

I kept the mask in my pants and it got a bit sweaty. People still call me Spiderman in the street though and I like it.

I like to have fun. It isnt a bad thing. To give me a yellow card for something like that or pulling your shirt over your head is a shame. Perhaps I will ring FIFA! Or maybe just shoot the webs out of my hand and forget the mask. Everyone wants to see it now.

That would be class. A can of silly string under his sleeve. Once hes emptied it he can give it to Barton to smash someone with it

Guest elbee909

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/08/newcastleunited-premierleague

says in this he started to play as a way of combating a form of paralysis when he was a kid...not bad interview

Yet another downplaying of Acuna though.  What is it with these journos?  He came in cheap, did a decent job, rarely let us down and got some important goals.  Not bad for a cheap DM.  I'd have had him at his peak over some centre mids we've seen in recent times.

says in this he started to play as a way of combating a form of paralysis when he was a kid...not bad interview

Yet another downplaying of Acuna though.  What is it with these journos?  He came in cheap, did a decent job, rarely let us down and got some important goals.  Not bad for a cheap DM.  I'd have had him at his peak over some centre mids we've seen in recent times.

agreed, underrated. Always did a good job when called upon and popped up with the occasional goal. Never complained when dropped, all in all a good squad player at the time.

agreed, underrated. Always did a good job when called upon and popped up with the occasional goal. Never complained when dropped, all in all a good squad player at the time.

couldn't agree more re acuna. had he still been here he would have been a first 11 starter for the past couple of seasons.(by that i mean the standard of his play then,not taking into account his ageing)

He said: I was in the cinema one day and I met a family. I was talking with the dad and his kids and I promised them the next time I scored I would put on a Spiderman mask.

I did it just once, two seasons ago against Osasuna. I did it for the kids. Maybe I will do it again, everyone says do it again. But the rules have changed and if I do it, I will get booked. It is shame but what can I do?

I kept the mask in my pants and it got a bit sweaty. People still call me Spiderman in the street though and I like it.

I like to have fun. It isnt a bad thing. To give me a yellow card for something like that or pulling your shirt over your head is a shame. Perhaps I will ring FIFA! Or maybe just shoot the webs out of my hand and forget the mask. Everyone wants to see it now.

That would be class.

Deffo, breaks no rules and would drive people mental

I'm gonna go mad when he scores his 1st goal for us, love the guy

Guest Heneage

I always liked Acuna, what did they expect from him? He was a defensive midfielder, telling you if Arsene buys him then "Oh my Samba Star!"

Guest Heneage

on Soccer Saturday now.  Said that he likes Argentinian Salsa, but the others play hip-hop in the dressing room.

Aww man I'd love to see that.

Agree re Acuna. I'll never forget how he and Jamie McClen got the better of Vieira and co in Arsenal's midfield at SJP.

Dunno how many times we are gonna hear about Jonas being paralysed though. Must be the fourth time I've read that.

Agree re Acuna. I'll never forget how he and Jamie McClen got the better of Vieira and co in Arsenal's midfield at SJP.

Dunno how many times we are gonna hear about Jonas being paralysed though. Must be the fourth time I've read that.

Only bad thing out of that game was Robson somehow found it in his wisdom to hand McClen a long-term contract on the back of it. :lol: