Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If a chicken was to somehow given a football shirt, I'd imagine it'd play like Jonas. Run around a bit, stop, pecking the floor (do his pony tail), run some more.

Jonas probably covered more miles last season than the rest of our midfield and attack put together.

It's not how much ground you cover, it's about what you do with the ball.

He can be a decent player at times, but more often than not he's so fucking frustrating. Why he feels the need to go past every man on the pitch before making a pass, I dunno.

Jonas probably covered more miles last season than the rest of our midfield and attack put together.

Shame about his end product.

If a chicken was to somehow given a football shirt, I'd imagine it'd play like Jonas. Run around a bit, stop, pecking the floor (do his pony tail), run some more.

:lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He can be a decent player at times, but more often than not he's so fucking frustrating. Why he feels the need to go past every man on the pitch before making a pass, I dunno.

Perhaps he thinks he's playing a real life version of pacman, and he needs to go all over the pitch (map) to collect the little white dots.

Jonas is fun to watch but also very frustrating. His crossing and passing is woefully bad for a winger. It's all well and good to run past the defenders, but you have to get the ball to your strikers or in the net. Jonas can't really do either.

I still love him, though. If he could just improve his crossing, he would be a dangerous player at this level.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Another part of the game that bugs me about Jonas, is that for someone with sooooo much pace, he won't run until he has the ball past into his feet.

Jonas' main attribute is the ability to keep the ball under pressure. That will be pretty vital for us in certain matches this season.

Him keeping the ball at his feet for a while and running in circles like a chicken, like some of you always love to remind, allows the rest of the team to move forward and not stay under pressure on our own half.

Jonas is fun to watch but also very frustrating. His crossing and passing is woefully bad for a winger. It's all well and good to run past the defenders, but you have to get the ball to your strikers or in the net. Jonas can't really do either.

I still love him, though. If he could just improve his crossing, he would be a dangerous player at this level.

When he does cut back in and cross with his right it's sometimes a decent cross. He needs to stop deluding himself he can cross with the left peg. And stop filldling with his hair.

Cause he can't believe he actually got past someone?

Jonas will be infuriating against the better teams, but will have some dominating performances against the teams we should be looking to beat.

Yeah, which is why he managed an avalanche of assists in the Championship. O0

Jonas' main attribute is the ability to keep the ball under pressure. That will be pretty vital for us in certain matches this season.

Him keeping the ball at his feet for a while and running in circles like a chicken, like some of you always love to remind, allows the rest of the team to move forward and not stay under pressure on our own half.

Great main attribute for a winger, that.

And regarding the post after the one I just quoted, I thought his crossing was terrible. Granted I think he's better at it than he was but I only remember him slapping one in the box and it dribbled to their centre-back.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wonder how much better he'd be if he actually took a second to think about what he was doing. Suppose you could argue he'd lose his 'special' ability.

When you're the only one in the team capable of doing it then it doesnt matter where you play.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

When you're the only one in the team capable of doing it then it doesnt matter where you play.

Be an issue for a keeper like.

I don't see how anyone could ever deny that Jonas is more than good enough for a team of our stature.

The fact that he's getting shit for not tearing apart Manchester United is just.. ugh.. :facepalm:

Have to agree, he's one of our most dangerous players and one of the only one that actually occupies the opposition when we attack. He also puts a lot of work in tracking back etc (barring the hair arranging incident).