Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest Roger Kint

Cant cross

Cant shoot

Cant end kick a football without making it bobble FFS!

Theres no reason to beleive he will ever improve these key qualities. Barton is a utter cock and a liability at times but give me an actualy footballer over Jonas any day

I'm not too sure he can even dribble, or whether he is just really good at following a moving football like a greyhound follows a rabbit.

Perhaps that is the real reason they call him the Greyhound in Spain.

He wasn't that bad to be honest. I think people just like to moan whenever a foreign player doesn't play that well(not being consistent). Some foreign players take several seasons to settle down (even local players like Saylor see how long he took turning into consistent player before he was shit?), let alone the club doesn't have a manager.

Give the lad a chance mate. He deserve it.

Bullshit.

I'm not too sure he can even dribble, or whether he is just really good at following a moving football like a greyhound follows a rabbit.

Perhaps that is the real reason they call him the Greyhound in Spain.

He dribbles into people far too much, the defender doesn't even have to move half the time just wait for him to inevitably dribble into them, then fall over when they tackle him.

Guest Stephen927

He's a decent enough dribbler of the ball but for a while now he hasn't been as good as the player we saw at Old Trafford.

I think people just like to moan whenever a foreign player doesn't play that well

Aye because no one moans about more local players.

It's the other way round, foreigners like Coloccini and Gutierrez don't get as much stick as Duff and Taylor despite being more useless.

Didn't think he was that bad yesterday. Created alot of chances but the final product was off. Think he'd be better in right mid.

He didn't create a lot of chances, he wasted a lot though.

Didn't think he was that bad yesterday. Created alot of chances but the final product was off. Think he'd be better in right mid.

He did. On the other wing, Duff didn't create anything which is equally worrying but he's escaping criticism because at least he scored a goal. But it's still a problem which needs addressing.

He did. On the other wing, Duff didn't create anything which is equally worrying but he's escaping criticism because at least he scored a goal. But it's still a problem which needs addressing.

I find it stupid that they both played on opposite sides to their natural foot. Duff doesn't have a right-foot at all, now I know he did play there for Chelsea but it's a bit different being in that position with the options he had and being in ours. Duff should at least play on the left and Jonas on the right. Btw I thought Duff played well in the second half when he came in more centrally.

Play Jonas in the centre with Smith, Lua Lua on the right, Duff on the left. Sorted.  Jonas running straight at a centre back would allow the strikers to move away from one of the CB's or the wingers to come inside and jonas to be left with a simple pass.

Guest Stephen927

I find it stupid that they both played on opposite sides to their natural foot. Duff doesn't have a right-foot at all, now I know he did play there for Chelsea but it's a bit different being in that position with the options he had and being in ours. Duff should at least play on the left and Jonas on the right. Btw I thought Duff played well in the second half when he came in more centrally.

The idea is for them to cut in onto their stronger foot and send in a inswinging cross which are generally a bit more difficult to defend against from that position, or to take a strike.

Neither of them seemed to do that, so in general I would agree, put them on the flanks that suit their stronger foot.

Whatever he put into the box yesterday would have  needed to be of the highest quality as the majority of time there wasn't a shitty yellow shirt anywhere near a position to recieve a dangerous cross. He had tp turn back on more than one occasion because the strikers where so slow at getting forwatd that he would have had no one to pass to.

Thats not to say he isn't wasteful and I do wonder just Maradona see's in him to be honest.

Whatever he put into the box yesterday would have  needed to be of the highest quality as the majority of time there wasn't a shitty yellow shirt anywhere near a position to recieve a dangerous cross. He had tp turn back on more than one occasion because the strikers where so slow at getting forwatd that he would have had no one to pass to.

Thats not to say he isn't wasteful and I do wonder just Maradona see's in him to be honest.

he looks a different player when playing for argentina. it's down to movement.

As stated above, it doesn't matter how good his ball into the box is, Ameobi was no where to be found the entire time, and Carroll was being forced to play far too deep!  Still think if we can keep hold of Gutierrez it will be brilliant though, he really does have the potential to rip through the Championship defences.

My main issue with him is, he knocks the ball too far ahead of himself and then goes down like a dying duck.  This was apparent so many times yesterday, and when he was actually fouled, the referee was having none of it!  I know it is the way of many a South American footballer to employ such tactics, but as we've seen with players such as Ronaldo, Reyes, Robben, it just doesn't work in England!

As stated above, it doesn't matter how good his ball into the box is, Ameobi was no where to be found the entire time, and Carroll was being forced to play far too deep!  Still think if we can keep hold of Gutierrez it will be brilliant though, he really does have the potential to rip through the Championship defences.

My main issue with him is, he knocks the ball too far ahead of himself and then goes down like a dying duck.  This was apparent so many times yesterday, and when he was actually fouled, the referee was having none of it!  I know it is the way of many a South American footballer to employ such tactics, but as we've seen with players such as Ronaldo, Reyes, Robben, it just doesn't work in England!

Funny, I was watching yesterday to see Shola's movement off the ball when Jonas had it. Unbelievable. Hilarious. Depressing.

Funny, I was watching yesterday to see Shola's movement off the ball when Jonas had it. Unbelievable. Hilarious. Depressing.

I think it says it all when Ameobi's best connection all game was with Harper's face.  I hope he gets dropped from Ranger or Xisco if he continues to play like that, he was bloody awful.

Guest ItalianMagpie

It's always like that, isn't it? He always manages to create something, but it never ends up in being something useful. Too confused, I think the sooner he leaves the better (IF we replace him, of course).

The idea is for them to cut in onto their stronger foot and send in a inswinging cross which are generally a bit more difficult to defend against from that position, or to take a strike.

Neither of them seemed to do that, so in general I would agree, put them on the flanks that suit their stronger foot.

I disagree that the most difficult crosses to defend are those after cutting inside, i think most goals are scored when the winger goes past the full back and either cuts it back or whips it across the face of the goal. Jonas beat the full back consistently which was good but his crosses were weak and as has been mentioned the movement from the forwards was terrible.