Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

to those who said he tries hard and get's back, his tracking back and defending was disgraceful tonight

:dowie:

guess u didn't see the time, he was just pointing at danny simpson to track someone, was just neglecting who he was marking!  basic stuff

Give me the time in the game and I'll watch it :lol:  Come one one defensive mistake from a midfielder equals lack of effort or disgraceful defending?  He also chased the ball down at every opportunity and tracked back to nick the ball away from opposition players on more then a couple of occasions.

he's just a shite footballer, that just try's his best which pleases 1/3 of the fans, how many times we had these at newcastle and then look back at them and think, how bad they really we're

any winger that doesn't know to pass, cross or shoot decently in the modern game, shudn't be playing imo

I think any footballer who doesn't know how to move into space, make himself available and receive it at pace, hold it under pressure then run with the ball while actually moving forward shouldn't be playing either. Or they could always pull on the armband and call the manager "Chris".

tell me how many times has he done that this season, let alone the last few matches

stop sticking up for someone who clearly doesn't have the talent to play football at this level, if it's cos he tries hard, i could give a couple of million men in this country that would do the samething, and clearly this is something other clubs can see, cos no fucker has came for him at all, not even when we signed him

5 goals in almost 300 games for a midfielder is shocking imo

football is all about QUALITY, hence why u get the likes of adebayor etc who are lazy twats, but quality footballers and play at the top

robert was a lazt twat, but one amazing footballer

What he said.

Jonas is just another example of a good athlete becoming an average footballer.

It seems to be happening more and more often nowadays. They're quick, they can run all day and they'll give 100% but they're poor where it matters and they soon get found out. Boumsong was another example, although his ability or lack of it was much more obvious because of where he plays.

Jonas isn't fit to tie the boot laces of the likes of Solano and Robert that I've seen this decade in black and white. They were REAL wingers, particularly the latter and I remember the stick he used to get at the time from many fans. He offered the lot - pace, goals, assists, flair and invention.

In fact, what's Robert doing now - is he still without a club? ;) :D A 33-34 year old Robert would offer us a lot more than this Argie pretender. Roma want him in Jan? Sell him and get a decent winger in with a bit of pace and end product!

jonas is a good a player as robert......but he just can't be arsed.

Madras, can I have what you're smoking, mate? It's freezing rain and sleet outside, will do me some good. :razz:

Guest neesy111

to those who said he tries hard and get's back, his tracking back and defending was disgraceful tonight

guess u didn't see the time, he was just pointing at danny simpson to track someone, was just neglecting who he was marking!  basic stuff

Give me the time in the game and I'll watch it :lol:  Come one one defensive mistake from a midfielder equals lack of effort or disgraceful defending?  He also chased the ball down at every opportunity and tracked back to nick the ball away from opposition players on more then a couple of occasions.

tbf, a few ppl on here have said he left enrique isolated a lot first half

anycase, a winger shud be judged on his ability going forward not back, and that is just as bad

5 Goals in 300 games, and he looks like he couldn't even score in the conference with gateshead imo

I'm sorry but Jonas had a horror show tonight, as he has the past few weeks.

He gave the ball away a lot tonight and simply didn't seem interested in getting involved in the dirty work. As i've said before he's had his head turned by the prospect of the World Cup.

he's just a shite footballer, that just try's his best which pleases 1/3 of the fans, how many times we had these at newcastle and then look back at them and think, how bad they really we're

any winger that doesn't know to pass, cross or shoot decently in the modern game, shudn't be playing imo

I think any footballer who doesn't know how to move into space, make himself available and receive it at pace, hold it under pressure then run with the ball while actually moving forward shouldn't be playing either. Or they could always pull on the armband and call the manager "Chris".

tell me how many times has he done that this season, let alone the last few matches

stop sticking up for someone who clearly doesn't have the talent to play football at this level, if it's cos he tries hard, i could give a couple of million men in this country that would do the samething, and clearly this is something other clubs can see, cos no fucker has came for him at all, not even when we signed him

5 goals in almost 300 games for a midfielder is shocking imo

football is all about QUALITY, hence why u get the likes of adebayor etc who are lazy twats, but quality footballers and play at the top

robert was a lazt twat, but one amazing footballer

Robert and Adebayor were indeed far better quality footballers. Let's spend £35m and sign this calibre of player immediately.

I think people are being too hard on Jonas, i hate the fact that he has 0 end product but weren't we bashing the fuck out of James Milner when he was here and thought 12 million from him was an absloute bargin, yet its obvious how we miss him now, i think Jonas will improve and would much rather have him on the team than anyone else.

I think people are being too hard on Jonas, i hate the fact that he has 0 end product but weren't we bashing the fuck out of James Milner when he was here and thought 12 million from him was an absloute bargin, yet its obvious how we miss him now, i think Jonas will improve and would much rather have him on the team than anyone else.

It's more the pathetic levels of effort he has been putting in.

How depressing that I'd still have him on the teamsheet.

This.

Yep, only midfielder we have that stretches defences.  He works very well defensively but he's easily the most frustrating Player I've ever seen and  if he could put crosses in/ pass at even a sunday league winger level he'd be good, it's just a shame he can't.

He's clearly NOT a shit footballer like some would have you believe, but he has a lot to work on.

He's just the scapegoat of the month at the minute it seems.

He's a good footballer with a lacklustre attitude that is ruining his game for us and therefore he isn't good enough.

I honestly didn't see this lacklustre attitude. I think he got a bit pissed off with our attempts to sink below Sheffield's brand of football but he stuck with it pretty gamely imo.

I have done all season. He is operating at about 30-40%. I am certain of this because I'm comparing him to the player I saw last season in spells.

Guest iliketoonarmy

Shit player, no end product.

But for the sake of promotion, we can't have anyone better at this stage than him.

Would still have him in the 11 men list ~.~

He had a bad game last night

Bit stupid though to say the least for anyone using last night or the last couple weeks, to come to conclusions about his entire level of ability as a footballer.

I also dont see a lacklustre attitude. I just see him playing crap & looking low on confidence. He looks more like a player who isnt enjoying his football as much as nothings going for him. The masses of missed chances to score will have effected him for sure, then the long ball tactics...lack of movement around him. It all hardly combines into bringing out the best in him really does it.

Bit stupid though to say the least for anyone using last night or the last couple weeks, to come to conclusions about his entire level of ability as a footballer.

I'm using his full stint at Newcastle as the basis for my opinion of his footballing ability.

He runs. That's it. He can't do anything else a player in his position should be able to.

He was certainly no worse than Raylor nor Nolan imo. Nolan lost the ball too much.

Problem is, if we sell he'll either not be replaced at all or we'll just end up with some cheap clogger so on that basis, i hope he stays.

Guest toonlass

I'm using his full stint at Newcastle as the basis for my opinion of his footballing ability.

He runs. That's it. He can't do anything else a player in his position should be able to.

This

If you havent seen him playing far better than that you're blind.

And if you wouldnt want him in the side when he plays far better than that, you're clueless.

He's not a conventional English winger, we get it. That argument doesnt prove much atall, just simple minded.

What he said.

Jonas is just another example of a good athlete becoming an average footballer.

It seems to be happening more and more often nowadays. They're quick, they can run all day and they'll give 100% but they're poor where it matters and they soon get found out. Boumsong was another example, although his ability or lack of it was much more obvious because of where he plays.

Hard to argue with this but in the Championship an average player can let his physical attributes dominate more. I admit we've seen little of it from Gutierrez but I fear that if you take him out the squad we'll be a lot worse off.

I also have a feeling that if he goes, Enrique will follow and others could see that we're selling and jump ship too. This is one of my biggest fears about January, Ashley will try to pocket more money and in doing so players will get itchy feet. Try replacing two left-sided players in January, on a measly budget, and come up with two better players than Gutierrez and Enrique. No easy task, let alone gelling them into the side and then you've got the Ashley factor - would he replace them at all?

I think with one winger at the club and a team desperately lacking in pace, width and in some cases attitude, it's a case of better the devil you know with Gutierrez. We'd be mad to sell our only winger without bringing others (yes plural) in first.