Ince (kinda) rules himself out

Dave

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1391109,00.html

Boss reassures fans

Posted on: Fri 12 Sep 2008

PAUL Ince today reassured Rovers supporters about his commitment to the club in the wake of media speculation linking him with the managerial vacancy at Newcastle.

The Rovers manager commented: "As I said at our pre-match Press Conference earlier today, I cannot control media speculation and nor do I normally choose to comment upon it.

"However, I feel I owe it to the club, the players and the supporters to say that I am very happy at Ewood Park. I am only a few weeks into the role and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. My only focus is Rovers and getting on with the job."

Thank fuck for that. I think...

Boss reassures fans

PAUL Ince today reassured Rovers supporters about his commitment to the club in the wake of media speculation linking him with the managerial vacancy at Newcastle.

The Rovers manager commented: "As I said at our pre-match Press Conference earlier today, I cannot control media speculation and nor do I normally choose to comment upon it.

"However, I feel I owe it to the club, the players and the supporters to say that I am very happy at Ewood Park. I am only a few weeks into the role and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. My only focus is Rovers and getting on with the job."

Thank f*** for that. I think...

If it means we are stuck with Poyet instead, I'm not so sure. The lesser of two horrendous evils is Ince IMO.

This is in no way offensive to Keving Keegan as I love the man to bits and wish he was still here but is this going to be like before when Ashley cant get the man he wants (Redknapp) and ends up going for someone (maybe anyone) else (Keegan).

One by one we seemed to be hearing "I am not interested" statements from potential manager's.

Would love to know who their "No 1" target is

i hate to say it but ince looks v likely :angry:

I cannot understand why. He would be one of the last managers in the premier league I would want. He has shown himself to be arrogant and upset the players at Blackburn. His training methods are apparently laughable and he has never struck me as charismatic or likeable.

Guest optimistic nit

Boss reassures fans

Thank f*** for that. I think...

If it means we are stuck with Poyet instead, I'm not so sure. The lesser of two horrendous evils is Ince IMO.

dunno. i'd prefer poyet personally (although i'd be very very pissed off with either).

It's obviously too difficult to say "I'm not going to Newcastle..." but that said, whenever i've seen Ince take an interview, he's seemed cripplingly nervous and dense as fuck. God i'd be moritified if we got him, personally can't see it happening though fortunately.

I don't like Gus Poyet but i can see him being a better footballing option. Depressing to be even comparing the two as options, though.

Guest optimistic nit

what i would say, ince would leave blackburn for us in a flash imo, even in our present situation, and if the board wanted to sign a yes man, ince would be the perfect candidate.

• 3 weeks later...

The last interview, what a fucking cunt this guy is. How the fuck can he claim that the ref couldnt take the pressure from the fans on the penalty when we clearly should have had one just before?

What is it with these new managers acting like their some big shots,  trying to stir things up?

It is fucking enoying me like nothing else. Why cant they just be humble about what they are doing?

All managers do it because it puts a seed of doubt in the back of the refs mind and the next time he might be swayed into not giving the decision.

It's the same reason why the likes of Fergie are often in the press commenting about refs before a big game.

Of course, but i just thought Ince could do better then that.

And how stupid is it to say that Newcastle get favours from the referees?

I havent seen much of that this season.

Yeah but like I said, Ince doesn't even believe any of that himself so it's not worth getting pissed about ;)

Yeah but like I said, Ince doesn't even believe any of that himself so it's not worth getting pissed about ;)

The man that named himself the guvnor doesn't believe his own press?  Not sure I believe that.