The Weekend's Other Matches

Guest quklaani

Guest optimistic nit

i really hope we can rescue our season, becauase after the top 4 and citeh every single team have some real issues. we could finish 6th.

What was Jenas's comment?

That living in Newcastle was like living in a goldfish bowl.

But he maintains he didn't actually say it.  ???

Who knows.

I just remember alot of hatred being aimed towards him because of those comments. Or maybe it was because he was badly off form yet was [allegedly] blaming others, including the city itself, for said poor form, hence coming accross as a twat.

Who knows.

I just remember alot of hatred being aimed towards him because of those comments. Or maybe it was because he was badly off form yet was [allegedly] blaming others, including the city itself, for said poor form, hence coming accross as a twat.

That's pretty much how I remember it too but I think he claimed Souness said the immortal words though.  :thup:

Who knows.

I just remember alot of hatred being aimed towards him because of those comments. Or maybe it was because he was badly off form yet was [allegedly] blaming others, including the city itself, for said poor form, hence coming accross as a t***.

That's pretty much how I remember it too but I think he claimed Souness said the immortal words though.  :thup:

Still think he was a useful midfielder who was merely suffering from some poor form in an extremely s*** side under an even worse manager, and hence the hatred of him was way over the top.

Even his poor form under Sir Bobby's eventually failing team was pretty harsh to single out given how often he'd either carry the aging Speed, or at worst, be just as bad as him.

impressed with villa and like their style. you can see spurs problem from a mile away though. no balance and a lack of man management. for the quality of players they have it is amazing the amount of balls that are being launched straight forward, have they not seen laursen's name on the teamsheet, baffling. also 4 in the middle consisting of 2 defensive mids, 1 mid and 1 winger. very strange. for all the hype ramos seems clueless. poyet may well end up being their new manager tbh

I thought Souness did actually make those comments? He said something like "The lad feels like he is living in a goldfish bowl" although that might mean Jenas said it to Souness.

No-one really cares do they?

I would give you those seconds of your life back if I could.

Why do commentators always make sure the viewers know when we get booed off, but when it's Spurs they say it's a "mixed reception"?  ???

They were definitely booed off there, find it hard to see them winning this match, although they do have Bentley to come in.  Bent and Pavlyuchenko as a partnership is not going to pan out.

I don´t like to say this. But Villa is definitely the team I´m going to "support" as long Newcastle are in these troubles (for ever...?). I really like the fact they are buying Englishmen. I especially just love to see Young and Agbonlahor, they are soooo good. Barry is a quality player as well. Also like On´Neill.

Is a pity Milner is playing there. But I think he won´t be playing that much if he can´t develop himself. He is just don´t good enough. maybe as a squad player, but noting more.

Villa will easily finish top 6. Think they can have a good chance to the CL spot if they is lucky with injuries and stuff like that.

Villa for CL. Newcastle for CC. Sad but true

Guest quklaani

I just don't think Ramos gets it, he's bought well, he sets his team out well...and they're still Spurs.  Somebody should have warned him he was essentially taking over a pastiche of Atleti.

I told every City fan at work that Villa would finish above them this year, Ive also predicted several times that they'll finish above Liverpool, still think they might.

Every summer, people go on about Spurs being the ones to break into the big four.  And every year, they seem to fail spectacularly.  I feel sorry for them: they're like us, but they have the weight of media expectation, as well as the weight of fan expectation, to live up to.  I know of a potential investor, though, who could sort them right out.  He's got a management team all ready to go as well :)

I don't feel sorry for them at all, because despite failing every time they never get called on it by the press.  They just get "Well they had a bad time last year because *insert excuse* but next year they'll be great".  We get slaughtered at every opportunity.