The Weekend's Other Matches

Guest quklaani

Are the ref having a private competition this season to see who can give the most ridiculous decision?

Yesterday was the turn of that arrogant t*** Styles awarding a pen for a perfect tackle on Ronaldo.

Today Bennett (who seems to make a howler in every game he refs) awards a pen for a blatant dive but then tops it by awarding Wigan a free kick when Bramble nearly chops a Man City player in half in the area!

Why should Palacios be penalised for jumping out of the way? If he doesn't jump, he's clattered, and he gets the penalty anyway.

Good game and was really impressed with Zaki. Reminds me very much of a certain Alan Shearer.

That's what I was thinking. Like Shearer in his early days at Southampton when he was virtually unstoppable. His running put our lot to shame.

Guest Geordiesned

Are the ref having a private competition this season to see who can give the most ridiculous decision?

Yesterday was the turn of that arrogant t*** Styles awarding a pen for a perfect tackle on Ronaldo.

Today Bennett (who seems to make a howler in every game he refs) awards a pen for a blatant dive but then tops it by awarding Wigan a free kick when Bramble nearly chops a Man City player in half in the area!

Why should Palacios be penalised for jumping out of the way? If he doesn't jump, he's clattered, and he gets the penalty anyway.

Jumping out the way! :lol: If they're going to start awarding free kicks because someone might get fouled then it'll be fucking ridiculous. Might as well make it no contact, let them pick the ball up and call it netball!

Jumping out the way! :lol: If they're going to start awarding free kicks because someone might get fouled then it'll be f***ing ridiculous. Might as well make it no contact, let them pick the ball up and call it netball!

To be fair, we'd see a massive improvement in Taylors' game..

Jumping out the way! :lol: If they're going to start awarding free kicks because someone might get fouled then it'll be f***ing ridiculous. Might as well make it no contact, let them pick the ball up and call it netball!

It's not a case of "might" have been fouled...he "would" have been fouled.

Huge difference imo. Definite penalty.

Guest Geordiesned

I completely disagree. Don't think he would have been fouled at all. Blatant dive. Never in a million years was that a pen. Glad you're not a ref tbh if you think that is even with the benefits of replays.

Good game and was really impressed with Zaki. Reminds me very much of a certain Alan Shearer.

That's what I was thinking. Like Shearer in his early days at Southampton when he was virtually unstoppable. His running put our lot to shame.

Exactly - plays with no fear and just gets on with it. His battle with Dunne was entertaining. Didn't realise he was only on loan at Wigan? If he is and maintains his form - surely bigger sides will come in for him.

Also agreed about putting most of our lot to shame.

I completely disagree. Don't think he would have been fouled at all. Blatant dive. Never in a million years was that a pen. Glad you're not a ref tbh if you think that is even with the benefits of replays.

Agree with you 100%, joke of a decision

I've seen the replays, and if he doesn't jump then he clearly gets clipped.

Guest Geordiesned

Two of the worst refereeing perfomances I've ever seen in the last two weeks along with one of the worst penalty decisions. Respect my arse!

I'd rather not! :lol:

I see Aldo Duscher has moved on to Sevilla these days after a very good season with Racing Santander last season.

To think we had him on trial last summer and could have had him for Free, but was let go only a few days into his trial.

Thanks, Big Sam.

I said that at the time, always thought he was a effective player.