Danny Guthrie breaks Craig Fagan's leg

Guest BooBoo

Also, Keegan knew when he came, or would have done had he studied the brochure, what he had at his disposal. He'd have known back in January whether he liked it or not, that Butt & Geremi would more than likely been two key players in his squad.

And if he didn't have this one-man crusade to protect Barton, then I'm sure he'd have had somebody signed to replace him if he'd agreed to his sale earlier.

We're obviuosly short on midfielders but people talk as if one transfer window can rid you of all your flaws and limits.

Regardless you rate the recruitment system we have or not we have addressed some key issues during the transfer window. We added some quality depth to the central defence, brought in some cutting edge in the attacking areas midfield and brought in a young target man type striker, now you may beg to differ but that is a fairly solid transfer window in my eyes which hints at progress.

Now I'm aware we lack depth in lack back and a bit of quality in the middle of the park, but you can't really address all your issues in one transfer window. If you remember a while back Keegan actually stated he only wanted two or three players anyway that would really improve the team, I seriously doubt they were three central midfielders.

Like the current structure or not I'm happy with the job they did during the transfer window. I don't condone Wise and Co's actions in terms of the impact it had on Keegan's managerial position, but I think some people are simply trying to jump on the work they did because of the consequences that occured afterwards.

We're obviuosly short on midfielders but people talk as if one transfer window can rid you of all your flaws and limits.

Regardless you rate the recruitment system we have or not we have addressed some key issues during the transfer window. We added some quality depth to the central defence, brought in some cutting edge in the attacking areas midfield and brought in a young target man type striker, now you may beg to differ but that is a fairly solid transfer window in my eyes which hints at progress.

Now I'm aware we lack depth in lack back and a bit of quality in the middle of the park, but you can't really address all your issues in one transfer window. If you remember a while back Keegan actually stated he only wanted two or three players anyway that would really improve the team, I seriously doubt they were three central midfielders.

Like the current structure or not I'm happy with the job they did during the transfer window. I don't condone Wise and Co's actions in terms of the impact it had on Keegan's managerial position, but I think some people are simply trying to jump on the work they did because of the consequences that occured afterwards.

Keegan asked for 3 players then lost 2 first team regulars so replacing them would take it to 5 first teamers, assuming the three he mentioned were for the first team of course.

Keegan asked for 3 players then lost 2 first team regulars so replacing them would take it to 5 first teamers, assuming the three he mentioned were for the first team of course.

That still wouldn't have addressed all the issues with our squad.

This midfield predicament just highlights what a shite window it was. It started with Keegan on holiday wasting a few weeks of negotiation and ended with him not being happy with what we've got. Laughable, him as much as any.

Bet everyone is glad he sunned it up for those 3 or so weeks now, glad he's refreshed for his payoff negotiations.

This midfield predicament just highlights what a s**** window it was. It started with Keegan on holiday wasting a few weeks of negotiation and ended with him not being happy with what we've got. Laughable, him as much as any.

Bet everyone is glad he sunned it up for those 3 or so weeks now, glad he's refreshed for his payoff negotiations.

You're right, Keegan shouldn't have gone on holiday then, he should have remained at the club and took 3 weeks off at Christmas.

Or was he on holiday as he knew it wasn't meant to be him negociating deals? ;)

Can of worms open?

I knew that was coming.  :lol:  Name a single manager who didn't go or wouldn't have gone on holiday this summer.

This midfield predicament just highlights what a s**** window it was. It started with Keegan on holiday wasting a few weeks of negotiation and ended with him not being happy with what we've got. Laughable, him as much as any.

You're right, Keegan shouldn't have gone on holiday then, he should have remained at the club and took 3 weeks off at Christmas.

We should have given him longer, the money he was getting paid and the holidays were just not good enough to work to and within margins and constrictions.

Or was he on holiday as he knew it wasn't meant to be him negotiating deals? ;)

Can of worms open?

terry mac said he was on the phone nonstop trying to do business...but god knows who he was talking to.

Northumbria traffic police, shortage of cones.

Was horrified when i saw Robbie Elliott putting the cones out today. It's been a rough two weeks or so, and i mean, several things have signalled the end of one era or another - but seeing that today really embedded it into my brain. Bitter pill. :(

Was horrified when i saw Robbie Elliott putting the cones out today. It's been a rough two weeks or so, and i mean, several things have signalled the end of one era or another - but seeing that today really embedded it into my brain. Bitter pill. :(

Alan Thompson as well. Typical jobs for the boys...(but is Thompson one of KK's being a Geordie and ex-player, or is he a Cockney spy being Wise's captain at Leeds?) ;)

Alan Thompson as well. Typical jobs for the boys...(but is Thompson one of KK's being a Geordie and ex-player, or is he a Cockney spy being Wise's captain at Leeds?) ;)

Out to take revenge on the club who turned their back on him.

Didn't Keegan get rid of Thompson?

Didn't Keegan get rid of Thompson?

Karma?