Danny Guthrie breaks Craig Fagan's leg

Guest BooBoo

I never said I don't rate him. I would like to know why the crack recruitment team (who know football better than KK) have left us in a situation where Danny Guthrie being suspended leaves us with a midfield crisis.

is it cos jonas is injured and barton(who keegan desperate wanted to keep)is suspended and enrique is injured meaning n;zog needs to cover elsewhere(in the same way o'shea covers in defence and midfiueld for man utd)

our squad is than when we have 4 or 5 first teamers out.

Not really because Jonas and N'Zogbia are wingers.

That's without even mentioning that Dennis "I smash cheekbones" Wise was trying to flog the aforementioned Barton because of his assault conviction in a classic case of extreme ironing.

That's without even mentioning that Dennis "I smash cheekbones" Wise was trying to flog the aforementioned Barton because of his assault conviction in a classic case of extreme ironing.

if you want to use "he was trying to sell barton" (good....in my opinion)  could we offset that with " he was trying to buy schweinsteiger"?

He didn't though did he? I couldn't give two fucks who he was trying to buy - on the last day of the window. If it got to August 31st before he thought "we might need a central midfielder" then the little shit's even thicker than I thought he was.

Our lass suffers from that once a week

Young lad wanting to make a mark, bought by KK, left alone by KK, probably a boyhood hero, guess the indignity of being beat by Hull at home got to him.

Don't hold it against the lad, he's got plenty of other weaknesses you can crucify him for over the next several years.

I never said I don't rate him. I would like to know why the crack recruitment team (who know football better than KK) have left us in a situation where Danny Guthrie being suspended leaves us with a midfield crisis.

Because the player that the crack manager has defended since he's came is also suspended.

Because the player that the crack manager has defended since he's came is also suspended.

A suspension that the crack team would have known was coming

A suspension that the crack team would have known was coming

And that the crack team were trying to get rid of as a result. ;)

Shocking but incredibly satisfying challenge. I said about a minute before it happened that someone should break that fagans legs after he strutted away with the ball when he won a throw in, guthrie must have been listening! Fagan looks like a right cocky bastard, although it was a pretty bad challenge ill give him that. Reminded me of the bothroyd 'tackle' when he was playing for blackburn and just went up and booted someone completely off the ball

Pity the crack team were depending on getting rid of Barton before trying to replace him, I guess they can be forgiven when you look at how much the crack team spent.

He didn't though did he? I couldn't give two fucks who he was trying to buy - on the last day of the window. If it got to August 31st before he thought "we might need a central midfielder" then the little shit's even thicker than I thought he was.

Was Keegan after a central midfielder though? Guthrie was his buy, other than that, his main concern seemed to be keep Barton and buy a left back.

We needed a top class central midfielder with or without Joey Barton.

If the club were so desperate to bin Barton, why not sack him when it first happened?

Two, really. It's depressing that Nicky Butt is still our first choice defensive midfielder. (or midfielder with defensive inclinations, for those who feel 'defensive midfielder' is not a pc term)

Pity the crack team were depending on getting rid of Barton before trying to replace him, I guess they can be forgiven when you look at how much the crack team spent.

I think all of them need to lay off the crack pipe.

Yes we are that short because Butt and Geremi aren't good enough. Fairly obvious iyam.

Keegan seems to rate them, so as far as he's concerned, I don't think he'd find it a problem.

Both have their uses, but like Shearer need players with  legs around them.

i don't think we have a single top class midfielder at the club. Geremi, Butt, Guthrie, Barton are all average to below average at this level. Nacho is new to the league so it's a hard ask to give him the responsibility of lifting us up by our bootstraps. he's also an unproven, unknown with no pedigree at this level, so whatever way you look at it, he's a bit of a gamble rather than a proven talent. And as someone said in another thread, there's no great strength or pace in any of those players, no monster who will eat up ground and impose himself on the game like an Essien or Muntari, or that everton lad in 2 legs vs liverpool, nor rip teams open through the middle like Dyer used to do, albeit infrequently.

Erm... as far as I'm aware, a manager can only choose from the players at his disposal, unless you think he should have been picking Alan Smith at the back end of last season - oh aye, he loves him too (even though he never played him).

This KK bashing is getting pretty fucking tiresome if you ask me. "He rates Butt, Geremi, Smith, Ameobi, Maric, Andersson, Des Hamilton and he wants Fumaca back on loan for the season. He told me he always thought Rob Lee was shit too." Aye ok.