Danny Guthrie breaks Craig Fagan's leg

Guest BooBoo

5 mins before he did it I said to my mate, "I would take a red card for someone snapping that Fagan cunt."

pleased he did it

Yep, remember that conversation! I have to say, whilst i don't in the sober light of day wish injury on anyone, if you're going to act like a complete cunt, as fagan did throughout the game, in a situation as passionate and emotional as Saturday then you're going to get kicked. You'd be lucky to last 2 minutes playing with that attitude in a Sunday league and even those paid to play sometimes let the emotion get the better of them. Even the idiot Hull fan in front of us in the pub said he was a grade a cock (Fagan, that is). Hopefully Guthrie will learn from this and hopefully won't have to be in such a shit situation many more times during his toon career (either a very ambitious hope or very short career for Guthrie with that second one).

Really hope he will banned for the rest of the season. Just to show that you simply can't do things like that in football.

Stupid c***.

Your the stupid cunt for saying that, i hope you were joking.

5 mins before he did it I said to my mate, "I would take a red card for someone snapping that Fagan cunt."

pleased he did it

Yep, remember that conversation! I have to say, whilst i don't in the sober light of day wish injury on anyone, if you're going to act like a complete cunt, as fagan did throughout the game, in a situation as passionate and emotional as Saturday then you're going to get kicked. You'd be lucky to last 2 minutes playing with that attitude in a Sunday league and even those paid to play sometimes let the emotion get the better of them. Even the idiot Hull fan in front of us in the pub said Fagan is a grade a cock. Hopefully Guthrie will learn from this and hopefully won't have to be in such a shit situation many more times during his toon career (either a very ambitious hope or very short career for Guthrie with that second one).

totally agree with your whole post mate, he's only 21 ffs

pleased he did it

Yep, remember that conversation! I have to say, whilst i don't in the sober light of day wish injury on anyone, if you're going to act like a complete cunt, as fagan did throughout the game, in a situation as passionate and emotional as Saturday then you're going to get kicked. You'd be lucky to last 2 minutes playing with that attitude in a Sunday league and even those paid to play sometimes let the emotion get the better of them. Even the idiot Hull fan in front of us in the pub said Fagan is a grade a cock. Hopefully Guthrie will learn from this and hopefully won't have to be in such a shit situation many more times during his toon career (either a very ambitious hope or very short career for Guthrie with that second one).

totally agree with your whole post mate

Yes but that's where being professional comes into it.

pleased he did it

He's inexperienced, and he's human. Like i've said, i don't condone it but Fagan's got little sympathy from me. The emotional situation was begging to boil over with smug cunts like him twatting himself around. Guthrie was stupid but it was bound to happen.

pleased he did it

I know and I understand what he did was wrong, but football was a sport long before it was a profession and it's so hard to objectively draw such a line. I'd find it very hard to stay cool in such a situation and can at least empathise with the action, whilst not condoning it. Hopefully it was just a misplaced action that showed how much he cared for the cause. I certainly don't think he thought 'hmmm, the squad is bloody thin at the moment if i get a ban we'll be a bit fucked, i'm going to kick him anyway', i reckon he probably didn't think at all and saw red and would probably have been gutted a few minutes later. It'd be nice to hear him apologise, more to the fans than Fagan. As i said, it was a really emotional afternoon, he's a young lad, trying his best and let emotion get the better of him. He did wrong, but lets not crucify him for it. He'll serve his ban, come back and then we get behind him.

pleased he did it

totally agree with your whole post mate, he's only 21 ffs

I know and I understand what he did was wrong, but football was a sport long before it was a profession and it's so hard to objectively draw such a line. I'd find it very hard to stay cool in such a situation and can at least empathise with the action, whilst not condoning it. Hopefully it was just a misplaced action that showed how much he cared for the cause. I certainly don't think he thought 'hmmm, the squad is bloody thin at the moment if i get a ban we'll be a bit fucked, i'm going to kick him anyway', i reckon he probably didn't think at all and saw red and would probably have been gutted a few minutes later. It'd be nice to hear him apologise, more to the fans than us. As i said, it was a really emotional afternoon, he's a young lad, trying his best and let emotion get the better of him. He did wrong, but lets not crucify him for it. He'll serve his ban, come back and then we get behind him.

:clap:

aye, always makes me laugh when people bring up sunday league standards. 3 of the lads in my sunday league team would rather start a fight at the end of the game than actually win the game

Most of the lads i've played Sunday league with are accountants, finance professionals and IT consultants, all classed traditionally as more intelligent than footballers and in the main very placid, thoughtful and good company off the field, yet i've still seen a few cases of people losing their rags in situations where pros have stayed calm. Just because someone is paid to play football doesn't mean they will become a saint and have all aggression removed.

Saturday league that i have played on the other hand, is a majority of viscious animals.

People shouting "Snap the bastard" is a sad loss in the modern game.

This is a prime example grubby little players with little skill or talent being allowed to go through games being snide and dirty, without fear of any reprisals. Plenty more recent examples of him, Winterburn for one.

Yes Guthrie was stupid but i'd rather have him in my team for looking like he gave a damn at what had gone on that afternoon.

My view is that Fagan is indeed an odious little cunt, I don't have any dispute with that. What bothers me, is that we are now going to be without another midfielder for 3 matches, all completely needless and totally pointless thuggery.

Suppsoedly our ideal midfield line up of Barton and Guthrie will be sitting at home perfectly fit, watching the telly while we have to watch their replacements struggle to string two passes together during their ban.

Most of the lads i've played Sunday league with are accountants, finance professionals and IT consultants, all classed traditionally as more intelligent than footballers and in the main very placid, thoughtful and good company off the field, yet i've still seen a few cases of people losing their rags in situations where pros have stayed calm. Just because someone is paid to play football doesn't mean they will become a saint and have all aggression removed.

Saturday league that i have played on the other hand, is a majority of viscious animals.

I 'work' for a bank and when someone stamped on my foot while playing uni-football i gave him a kick not too disimilar to the one on Saturday. Red mist and all that.

Our ideal midfield line up of Barton and Guthrie will be sitting at home perfectly fit, watching the telly while we have to watch their replacements struggle to string two passes together during their ban.

one second behind you on posting the bold bit mate!  :thup:

as for the bans, our season is over now anyway

this board honestly

some saying Guthrie should be banned for the season, others saying Fagan deserved to have his leg broken

I would put my house on it that 90% of the dimwits that are condoning Guthrie's actions are the same ones who will be giving sermons about Mike Ashley being a liar/ betraying Keegan etc.

Peobably, purely because a hign percentage of people were taking liar etc stance.  It's called statistics.

On the Guthrie debate, it is possible to have a slight fracture and not to feel it. If it's very small they may not even put much support on it and tell him to avoid physical activity for a bit.

It's already been stated that Guthrie should be punished, bearing in mind it does seem out of character it shouldn't be that harsh. Maybe Fagan could learn something from this as well: if you're going to wind someone up and play the part of the prick he so nicely managed to on Saturday, expect this to happen as you'll always pick on the wrong person at some point.

Speak of the devil ;)

O0

My typing is getting worse.

pleased he did it

I know and I understand what he did was wrong, but football was a sport long before it was a profession and it's so hard to objectively draw such a line. I'd find it very hard to stay cool in such a situation and can at least empathise with the action, whilst not condoning it. Hopefully it was just a misplaced action that showed how much he cared for the cause. I certainly don't think he thought 'hmmm, the squad is bloody thin at the moment if i get a ban we'll be a bit fucked, i'm going to kick him anyway', i reckon he probably didn't think at all and saw red and would probably have been gutted a few minutes later. It'd be nice to hear him apologise, more to the fans than Fagan. As i said, it was a really emotional afternoon, he's a young lad, trying his best and let emotion get the better of him. He did wrong, but lets not crucify him for it. He'll serve his ban, come back and then we get behind him.

I agree Fagan deserves little/no sympathy, but the bit in bold is absolute rubbish.

Even though Fagan was a total cunt for the whole game, he doesn't deserve that. Guthrie should be banned for longer than 3 matches anyway since the tackle was malicious and intentional. A 3 match ban is for a dangerous tackle, but not only was Guthrie's dangerous, he meant to harm Fagan. Reminded me of Keane's challenge on Alf Inge Haaland and also like that cunt Thatcher who knocked out Mendes, and those two got hefty fines/suspensions.