Danny Guthrie breaks Craig Fagan's leg

Guest BooBoo

this board honestly

some saying Guthrie should be banned for the season, others saying Fagan deserved to have his leg broken

I would put my house on it that 90% of the dimwits that are condoning Guthrie's actions are the same ones who will be giving sermons about Mike Ashley being a liar/ betraying Keegan etc.

Guthrie should cite provocation and call Owen, Zog, and the rest of our team that got kicked around the park all afternoon, as witnesses.

He didn't seem too injured when he ran away giggling at the time. Maybe someone got him in the tunnel. Hopefully.

maybe we can pay him to blame Alan Smith and Shola

5 mins before he did it I said to my mate, "I would take a red card for someone snapping that Fagan c***."

pleased he did it

They were close enough to my words 5 mins before it happened too! That fagan is a complete cunt but breaking his leg is harsh

Its not broken its a fracture, but that kind of injury from that, the cunt should drink more milk, soft boned twat.

:D

TBH in terms of a broken leg he barely touched him but i must say this sort of luck should be expected at the moment.

I swear Fagan played on for the remainder of the game. They can hardly put the incident down to Guthrie alone.

To be honest there is a lot of difference between trying to boot someone and actively trying to break someone's leg. Not that I condone this at all, and we don't really have the strength in depth to cover his absence, I'm really a bit non-plussed about this. How long did Jay Boothroyd get for that crazy swing he had a couple of seasons ago? You can't up a suspension because of the damage it caused - it has to be what the foul was.

If a player tripped someone when they were clean through on goal and they landed badly and broke their spine, would that mean a lifetime ban for the tripping player?

It was stupid what Guthrie did, but under the laws surely the 3 matches should be it. Did Taylor get any longer a ban after he mangled Eduardo's leg.

Then again Thatcher did get a longer ban, that was 10 times worse than Guthrie mind you.

To be honest there is a lot of difference between trying to boot someone and actively trying to break someone's leg. Not that I condone this at all, and we don't really have the strength in depth to cover his absence, I'm really a bit non-plussed about this. How long did Jay Boothroyd get for that crazy swing he had a couple of seasons ago? You can't up a suspension because of the damage it caused - it has to be what the foul was.

If a player tripped someone when they were clean through on goal and they landed badly and broke their spine, would that mean a lifetime ban for the tripping player?

Yeah but the fact is that he clearly went into the tackle meaning to hurt him and should therefore probably pay the consequence of having an extra couple of gamess added on to what the normal ban is for a red card

Guest shaun11177

It was a supid and brainless- if the bloke is bearing down on goal then take a red card but the game was over.

He looks worth exactly what we paid for him-2.5m-nothing more nothing less-he might get better but at the moment he seems very good at passing the ball to the full backs for 90 mins. 

this board honestly

some saying Guthrie should be banned for the season, others saying Fagan deserved to have his leg broken

I would put my house on it that 90% of the dimwits that are condoning Guthrie's actions are the same ones who will be giving sermons about Mike Ashley being a liar/ betraying Keegan etc.

Peobably, purely because a hign percentage of people were taking liar etc stance.  It's called statistics.

On the Guthrie debate, it is possible to have a slight fracture and not to feel it. If it's very small they may not even put much support on it and tell him to avoid physical activity for a bit.

It's already been stated that Guthrie should be punished, bearing in mind it does seem out of character it shouldn't be that harsh. Maybe Fagan could learn something from this as well: if you're going to wind someone up and play the part of the prick he so nicely managed to on Saturday, expect this to happen as you'll always pick on the wrong person at some point.

It was stupid what Guthrie did, but under the laws surely the 3 matches should be it. Did Taylor get any longer a ban after he mangled Eduardo's leg.

Then again Thatcher did get a longer ban, that was 10 times worse than Guthrie mind you.

No intent where Taylor was involved. Can't really say that about Guthrie. Don't know what'll happen myself.

The tackle was correctly punished at the time with a free kick and a straight red. Automatic 3 match ban.

The severity of the injury shouldn't matter - bruising, fracture, break.. it was the same tackle. It's been dealt with and any extra games added onto his 3 would be unfair imo.

How many games did Taylor get for snapping Eduardo's leg in half? 3?

That said it was a shocking tackle and I'm in no way defending it. But any more than 3 would be harsh. 

Certainly don't condone what Guthrie's done, it was stupid and to be fair - malicious, without a doubt. That said, i've got little sympathy for Fagan. If you're going to act like a little cunt, then that sort of thing can happen, especially in the circumstances.

Can't be too bad anyway, he was up straight away and giving hell. Completed the match didn't he?

And, spot on Midds. :thup:

Agreed. Should be 4 or 5 if you ask me. I stand by the fact that fagan is an arrogant, cocky chav and he's lucky it wasnt someone really hard that he was winding up. Imagine if barton had been playing on that left side...... :knuppel2:

5 mins before he did it I said to my mate, "I would take a red card for someone snapping that Fagan c***."

pleased he did it

They were close enough to my words 5 mins before it happened too! That fagan is a complete c*** but breaking his leg is harsh

hope it ends his career. that wanker was smiling while the shite ref was giving him decisons and taking the piss out of our players in a 'i know i dived but he still gave it so unlucky mate' manner. glad he did it

The tackle was correctly punished at the time with a free kick and a straight red. Automatic 3 match ban.

The severity of the injury shouldn't matter - bruising, fracture, break.. it was the same tackle. It's been dealt with and any extra games added onto his 3 would be unfair imo.

I said the same thing at the time of the Eduardo injury, you have to look at the incident itself and the intent of the player(s) involved when punishing it.  The difference between Taylor's challenge and Guthrie's is that Guthrie was frustrated and went to hit the player.  Not Keane-esque evil, but definitely malicious, probably deserves an extra game or 2. 

this board honestly

Peobably, purely because a hign percentage of people were taking liar etc stance.  It's called statistics.

On the Guthrie debate, it is possible to have a slight fracture and not to feel it. If it's very small they may not even put much support on it and tell him to avoid physical activity for a bit.

It's already been stated that Guthrie should be punished, bearing in mind it does seem out of character it shouldn't be that harsh. Maybe Fagan could learn something from this as well: if you're going to wind someone up and play the part of the prick he so nicely managed to on Saturday, expect this to happen as you'll always pick on the wrong person at some point.

Speak of the devil ;)

5 mins before he did it I said to my mate, "I would take a red card for someone snapping that Fagan c***"

pleased he did it

They were close enough to my words 5 mins before it happened too! That fagan is a complete c***

hope it ends his career. that wanker was smiling while the shite ref was giving him decisons and taking the piss out of our players in a 'i know i dived but he still gave it so unlucky mate' manner. glad he did it

Fagan wasn't going to be called by the ref on his numerous sly fouls and overall cuntish play.  As an American I naturally applaud all violent vigilantism and think Danny appointing himself Judge, Jury and Executioner was a good thing. 

I agree 100%. Fagan deserved it imo, nasty little fucker.

Wonder if he's smirking now the little twat.

:snod: