Do you really believe this man or trust him?

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair, 'interested in the football side' is exactly what Ashley is, that's why I find it so baffling that people have turned against him.

He just wasn't prepared to bankrupt himself or the club trying to buy success (which most likely wouldn't work anyway).

Is that why we have a paper-thin squad who may well have a relegation fight on their hands, have made a net profit on transfers, and have attempted to sell players which we can't afford to lose in order to cut costs?

you talking about smith and barton? :lol:

smith can fuck off, barton i'm not sure about, he's a cunt but we may need him. the club has the 5th highest wagebill in the league (possibly 6th now after man citeh). dont you think that is a bit high for a club not in europe? aye we've got big attendances, but the more we lose to wages, the less we can spend on transfers.

how do you know we've made a net profit on transfers? show me the figures, and no one knows what jonas cost us. we dont have a relegation fight on our hands, if we get all this sorted and a good manager in in 2 weeks we'll finish top 8.

mackems.gif mackems.gif

We've got no fullbacks

No wingers (because the one we have is playing left back)

Butt in midfield and a year older

Taylor now a first team regular

Ameobi upfront

A squad that finished 12th not improved and looking weaker.

And some of our fans think we''ll finish in the top 8. Love it.

To be fair, 'interested in the football side' is exactly what Ashley is, that's why I find it so baffling that people have turned against him.

He just wasn't prepared to bankrupt himself or the club trying to buy success (which most likely wouldn't work anyway).

Is that why we have a paper-thin squad who may well have a relegation fight on their hands, have made a net profit on transfers, and have attempted to sell players which we can't afford to lose in order to cut costs?

you talking about smith and barton? :lol:

smith can fuck off, barton i'm not sure about, he's a cunt but we may need him. the club has the 5th highest wagebill in the league (possibly 6th now after man citeh). dont you think that is a bit high for a club not in europe? aye we've got big attendances, but the more we lose to wages, the less we can spend on transfers.

how do you know we've made a net profit on transfers? show me the figures, and no one knows what jonas cost us. we dont have a relegation fight on our hands, if we get all this sorted and a good manager in in 2 weeks we'll finish top 8.

mackems.gif mackems.gif

We've got no fullbacks

No wingers (because the one we have is playing left back)

Butt in midfield and a year older

Taylor now a first team regular

Ameobi upfront

A squad that finished 12th not improved and looking weaker.

And some of our fans think we''ll finish in the top 8. Love it.

What are you on about?

No fullbacks? No wingers? I don't want to insult your intelligence by naming names but they exist. Maybe not as plentiful as we'd like, but they do exist.

Butt and Taylor might not start, we have players who can take their places, wait for the next manager before deciding what we're doing. Ameobi won't start when all our strikers are fit.

You don't think the players we've shipped in are better than those who have departed? Seriously?

Is that why we have a paper-thin squad who may well have a relegation fight on their hands

I really doubt that. You're just looking at worst case scenarios to suit your beliefs.

I don't think he is tbh Role, you can't seriously think that relegation is not an impossibility?  The club, on and off the pitch, is in turmoil, in fact worse than turmoil and Saturday typified that.  Something need to be done and very soon or this will drag on for a few weeks and the players will just not give a f*ck and we'll be dragged into a dog-fight.......It could happen imo.

Is that why we have a paper-thin squad who may well have a relegation fight on their hands

I really doubt that. You're just looking at worst case scenarios to suit your beliefs.

Aye. Don't start panicking till we're losing 2-0 at home to the likes of Hull City.

2-1 even.

Well done fans for getting rid of this phony owner, you've proved the club can be bought but we the fans never can.

not meaning to nit pick, but he isnt a phony owner, he actually does own us, hes not just pretending or anything.

Aye. Don't start panicking till we're losing 2-0 at home to the likes of Hull City.

Sorry, how many games into the season are we again?

It's a completely different situation but Aston Villa lost against Stoke not too long ago when everything there looks peaceful and calm, losing individual games like that isn't the end of the world, or indeed our season. It's when we keep on losing games like it that we'll be in trouble.

If we keep the first team fit then I agree relegation won't be a worry. But the problem is the squad, if we get 2 or 3 long term injuries then we're a bit f*cked! What happened on Saturday is all the evidence you need. No proper LB (which cost us the second goal), Ameobi on the pitch, an ageing Nicky Butt struggling to like a footballer. Add to this the near certainty that Owen will be gone come January and it doesn't look good.

I don't think he is tbh Role, you can't seriously think that relegation is not an impossibility?  The club, on and off the pitch, is in turmoil, in fact worse than turmoil and Saturday typified that.  Something need to be done and very soon or this will drag on for a few weeks and the players will just not give a f*ck and we'll be dragged into a dog-fight.......It could happen imo.

Well yeah, it really. really does depend on how quickly we sort this situation out. I think it's a possibility the longer this drags on but it would have to drag on for a very long time to really put us in it in my opinion. I'm certain we'll be fine as soon as things stabilise so it's essential we find some stability as soon as possible, whether that'll happen I don't know.

If we keep the first team fit then I agree relegation won't be a worry. But the problem is the squad, if we get 2 or 3 long term injuries then we're a bit f*cked! What happened on Saturday is all the evidence you need. No proper LB (which cost us the second goal), Ameobi on the pitch, an ageing Nicky Butt struggling to like a footballer. Add to this the near certainty that Owen will be gone come January and it doesn't look good.

i knew someone would try to blame zog for that goal - i was just amazed he didn't wind up in the stands the speed he had to get across the pitch to cover for the entire defence not being there

Fair enough. We won't be challenging for the top honours regardless of the behind the scenes situation if we get a few injuries but I believe we have a better squad of players overall than the clubs that are more likely to get relegated.

i knew someone would try to blame zog for that goal - i was just amazed he didn't wind up in the stands the speed he had to get across the pitch to cover for the entire defence not being there

At that time he WAS part of the defence...

Fair enough. We won't be challenging for the top honours regardless of the behind the scenes situation if we get a few injuries but I believe we have a better squad of players overall than the clubs that are more likely to get relegated.

think the danger with us is momentum RM - if we carry on like saturday that'll snowball plain and simple

players will get injured more, be less willing to try stuff, less willing to push themselves back from injury etc...it's a cliche but a true one; players fight to get into a winning team not a losing one, we saw that under KK last season

we need a win ASAP now, more than many people realise at this moment in time

yeah i know he was man, but what i mean is they were all out of position, even him, but the fact that he fled over there to try and make up the ground means he's an easy target for the blame

no way our defence should have been in the shape it was to cause him to be flying across there

yeah i know he was man, but what i mean is they were all out of position, even him, but the fact that he fled over there to try and make up the ground means he's an easy target for the blame

no way our defence should have been in the shape it was to cause him to be flying across there

Agreed. Just saying if HE wasn't out of position they wouldn't have been so much space over there, so it's easy to see why he's got plenty of the blame.

Agreed. Just saying if HE wasn't out of position they wouldn't have been so much space over there, so it's easy to see why he's got plenty of the blame.

aye true enough, he's got an excuse given the fact he's a winger...our defenders aren't really so lucky with their excuses

sucked in would be the word - the other three all got sucked in and he followed them, simple as...my point being he was the only one of them remotely capable of getting across to challenge, he made it across but the challenge looked as weak as piss when really he did well not to bring that guy down

Keegan wallked away once before to get his way.

I'm pretty sure he thought he could do it again but this time they called his bluff and now the club is in ruins.

Keegan has been incredibly irresponsible, immature and selfish

People say the squad is weaker and the owner etc didn't do enough to fix this.

Yeah, probably because everytime they suggested a player who fit the criteria of what they wanted Keegan threatened to quit, till they finally had enough and told him to get the hell out.

Keegan was familiar with the likes of Modric and Nasri who he admits we went for, but these guys are already well known and so were always going to be tougher to get. I'm sure there were others, who the recruitment team suggested who would have been easier to get but not as well known to Keegan, and he didn't want them.

Holding on to the likes of Smith and Barton also was ridiculous, as it could have freed up a lot of money to be invested int he squad, especially as these players have contributed so little. Keegan I'm sure is just as much to blame for the state of our current squad.

Keegan is a diva and a drama queen, who cannot see anyone elses point of view if it doesn't agree with his. His answer to any difference of opinion is to threaten to quit. Keegan is like a little kid.

If we had appointed, for example, Deschamps or Toral, back when Allardyce was sacked, we would have all been a lot happier with everythign right now.

Keegan is a disgrace.

I'm pretty sure he thought he could do it again but this time they called his bluff and now the club is in ruins.

Yeah, probably because everytime they suggested a player who fit the criteria of what they wanted Keegan threatened to quit, till they finally had enough and told him to get the hell out.

Keegan was familiar with the likes of Modric and Nasri who he admits we went for, but these guys are already well known and so were always going to be tougher to get. I'm sure there were others, who the recruitment team suggested who would have been easier to get but not as well known to Keegan, and he didn't want them.

Holding on to the likes of Smith and Barton also was ridiculous, as it could have freed up a lot of money to be invested int he squad, especially as these players have contributed so little. Keegan I'm sure is just as much to blame for the state of our current squad.

Keegan is a diva and a drama queen, who cannot see anyone elses point of view if it doesn't agree with his. His answer to any difference of opinion is to threaten to quit. Keegan is like a little kid.

If we had appointed, for example, Deschamps or Toral, back when Allardyce was sacked, we would have all been a lot happier with everythign right now.

Keegan is a disgrace.

There are absolutely zero facts in your argument aside from Modric and Nasri!  Nice work!

Keegan is a disgrace.

Not so much.

All Ashley had to do was shrug his shoulders, say goodbye to Kevin, then go out and find a new manager. If he had, Keegans bluff had been called and we all move on.

But Ashley decided not to do that did he.

So while Keegan maybe a disgrace (yet to be proved), is Ashley not walking away from the club any different ?

Keegan is a disgrace.

Kaka, there's a fuckload of conjecture in there mate, you're jumping to conclusions about what happened in the same way 'the other side' are about what the 'cockney mafia' did to KK

i think KK couldn't have predicted this reaction and result myself so you're being very harsh on the man...although i agree that he should have stuck it out for a while and took care of the day to day stuff and left at a more opportune moment

doesn't really help now does it though?

Keegan is a diva

:lol:

http://queerdiva.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/11/16/celine_taking_chances.jpg

Someone Photoshop KK's face onto that.

f***ing hell has she got massive hair or a tiny face ?

and a chin so sharp she could use it to carve her name on a tree.