So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

why are threads always ruined by NE5 arguing with people?

I think that - as usual, like others - you should read the thread again.

Baggio made a comment saying he wishes I had died ?

So are you dumb, stupid or both ?

yeah i saw that, i think its irrelevant though.

well, I don't. That accounts for this thread.

As for other instances, its not my fault that so many people are dumb and/or won't listen to others. That now includes you.

It doesn't account for this thread though does it?

Everyone was talking about a takeover before you popped up trying to be confrontational again, you're typical of someone who likes to act the big one online but is likely to be a weasel in person.

As for other instances, its not my fault that so many people are dumb and/or won't listen to others. That now includes you.

Everyone was talking about a takeover before you popped up trying to be confrontational again, you're typical of someone who likes to act the big one online but is likely to be a weasel in person.

I've edited the last post. Would you like to tell me to my face what you said about stalking my daughter on bebo ?

I've edited the last post. Would you like to tell me to my face what you said about stalking my daughter on bebo ?

If you like.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1069522/Newcastle-manager-Kinnears-rant-land-FA-charge.html?ITO=1490

Up to eight consortiums have been in talks with Ashley and investment banker Keith Harris, with Ashley now believed to be prepared to sell for between £250million and £300million having bought the club for £150m.

No formal bids have yet been received. With groups from Nigeria and South Africa no longer apparently interested, the desperate Newcastle hierarchy are wanting offers from businesses based in China, the United States and the Far East.

News to me. No longer interested after placing bids? Fingers crossed we will know who is looking like taking us over.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Scottish businessman Jonathan Cleland claims he has agreed a £300m take-over deal for Newcastle that will 'astound the world'. (Daily Record)

Guest sicko2ndbest

My Toon Deal Will Astound World..

Oct 6 2008 By Craig Mcdonald

Scot Boasts Of £300m Newcastle United Bid

A SCOTS businessman last night claimed his £300million deal to take over Newcastle United would "astound the world".

Jonathan Cleland, 46, brushed off doubts about his ability to clinch the deal and said he would find backers with the cash.

Cleland - who says other Scots are involved in the plans - added: "We are going to put together a deal that will astound the world because of the remarkable vision, insight and networking that has been brought to bear to make it come to pass."

He described his role in the plans as "chief executive" and said he had anticipated there would be those who doubted him.

He said: "We are trying to buy a venerable English institution in the world of football.

"Of course there are going to be people that get cold feet or get a little bit nervous."

Doubts were raised at the weekend over the credibility of the deal after one reported backer, South Africa's richest man Johann Rupert, said he'd never heard of Cleland.

The Record told on Saturday how Rupert and two other South African tycoons had flatly denied knowing anything about a deal.

But Cleland, who was born in Africa to Scottish parents, said: "That is part of the cost of putting a deal of this scale together. I can't comment on speculation.

"All I can tell you is that who we eventually do the deal with - because we will eventually do a deal with Newcastle United - may not be those originally identified.

"Obviously, the people who were mentioned were the people who were, at the time, our preferred backers.

"But if they fall by the wayside, then we will respect their decisions."

Cleland admitted: "With the potential money that we identified deserting us, I'm less confident but I remain enthusiastic.

"The way I put it is - money follows good ideas, good people and a good plan and we have those, so we believe money will follow, if not from these gentlemen then certainly from others."

Cleland, who came to Scotland nine years ago, runs a management consultancy called Corpreneurs from his home in Stirling.

He said: "Corpreneurs is my consulting business. What we do is to help businesses to improve their results.

"I don't want to talk about me personally. I'm not doing this for celebrity.

"I'm doing this to help a wonderful English institution be the success it deserves.

"Of course I am serious about this. My own credibility is at stake and the credibility of Corpreneurs.

"I will never sidestep attention if it helps us but in this case it doesn't.

"We need to operate under the radar to bring out the really big money people.

"The really big money people don't want to have their names in the press."

Cleland walks with the aid of a stick after suffering a stroke in 2004.

He runs the charity Headlight and said: "I'm demonstrating that people who've had brain injuries can recover.

"Some might argue it took my brain injury to be interested in Newcastle United."

Last week, Cleland said he'd already met former manager Kevin Keegan and plans to bring the Toon idol back to St James's Park.

'Some might argue it took my brain injury to be interested in Newcastle'

The Nigerian consortium bidding to buy Newcastle have warned the Magpies that there are other Premier League clubs who want to do business with them. (The Sun)

Scottish businessman Jonathan Cleland claims he has agreed a £300m takeover deal for Newcastle that will "astound the world". (Daily Record)

But also

A Middle Eastern consortium have emerged as the favourites to buy Everton and are preparing to make an official bid within the next fortnight but an Indian investor has also registered his interest. (The Times)

This could make Anil Ambani interested in us again..

Guest shearer_united

I just hope Mike Ashley sells the club to the right bidder (the owner we need) and not the highest bidder.

A SCOTS businessman last night claimed his £300million deal to take over Newcastle United would "astound the world".

Jonathan Cleland, 46, brushed off doubts about his ability to clinch the deal and said he would find backers with the cash.

Cleland - who says other Scots are involved in the plans - added: "We are going to put together a deal that will astound the world because of the remarkable vision, insight and networking that has been brought to bear to make it come to pass."

He described his role in the plans as "chief executive" and said he had anticipated there would be those who doubted him.

He said: "We are trying to buy a venerable English institution in the world of football.

"Of course there are going to be people that get cold feet or get a little bit nervous."

Doubts were raised at the weekend over the credibility of the deal after one reported backer, South Africa's richest man Johann Rupert, said he'd never heard of Cleland.

The Record told on Saturday how Rupert and two other South African tycoons had flatly denied knowing anything about a deal.

But Cleland, who was born in Africa to Scottish parents, said: "That is part of the cost of putting a deal of this scale together. I can't comment on speculation.

"All I can tell you is that who we eventually do the deal with - because we will eventually do a deal with Newcastle United - may not be those originally identified.

"Obviously, the people who were mentioned were the people who were, at the time, our preferred backers.

Cleland admitted: "With the potential money that we identified deserting us, I'm less confident but I remain enthusiastic.

"The way I put it is - money follows good ideas, good people and a good plan and we have those, so we believe money will follow, if not from these gentlemen then certainly from others."

Cleland, who came to Scotland nine years ago, runs a management consultancy called Corpreneurs from his home in Stirling.

He said: "Corpreneurs is my consulting business. What we do is to help businesses to improve their results.

"I'm doing this to help a wonderful English institution be the success it deserves.

"Of course I am serious about this. My own credibility is at stake and the credibility of Corpreneurs.

He runs the charity Headlight and said: "I'm demonstrating that people who've had brain injuries can recover.

"Some might argue it took my brain injury to be interested in Newcastle United."

Last week, Cleland said he'd already met former manager Kevin Keegan and plans to bring the Toon idol back to St James's Park.

Poor bloke. He doesn't appear to realise how stupid he's sounding.

Presuming they exist, I "trust" the groups who've remained anonymous more than the two who've spouted shite and talked themselves up for publicity (and it looks like that's their main motivation)

Presuming they exist, I "trust" the groups who've remained anonymous more than the two who've spouted s**** and talked themselves up for publicity (and it looks like that's their main motivation)

That's the feeling I get as well. It's those who need to whore themselves around the media that know they need the attention to give their bids some leverage. The silent ones are the ones with the heavy wallet. So let's hope!

Guest johnson293

Going back to Ashley's reported deadline of tomorrow for bids - I realise what he's trying to do (hurry up the prospective bidders), but if the bids don't start rolling in tomorrow, what is he going to do after the deadline has passed?

Going back to Ashley's reported deadline of tomorrow for bids - I realise what he's trying to do (hurry up the prospective bidders), but if the bids don't start rolling in tomorrow, what is he going to do after the deadline has passed?

keep waiting, its all he can do.

1) Put item on sale for a brief period at massively inflated price

2) Put up closing down sale everything must go sign

3) Make up fictional potential buyers to hurry the sale along

4) Reduce original price and slap a 1/3 off RRP sticker on it

5) Profit

Mikey sticking to what he knows.

I'm half expecting to see 4.5) This offer is for a limited time only, don't miss out, hurry on on down to SJP NOW!!!

soon

If he sticks to form it will be a rolling "must end soon" date (sale extended due to unprecedented demand).

And people were excited about this mug possibly taking over. :lol: