So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

The the same Shearer who sided with Souness to drive our best player out of the club?

No thanks.

oh f***. the chance of a black hole is now greater with this. if this line of thinking merges with the old board/new board stuff i fear the whole internet will collapse in on itself to a  point that doesn't exist in space but with a mass great enough to punch a whole through to dimensions where the most bizzarre is real (think mackems in milan).

Guest The Libertine

the fact that there's a group of them and they've yet to raise the money to buy us suggests they wont be throwing money at our problems.

the more i think about this deal, the more im convinced it'll be one of the worst things to ever happen to us.

The the same Shearer who sided with Souness to drive our best player out of the club?

No thanks.

I don't like Shearer personally, but of all the geordie candidates, he's always struck me as someone who might have the credentials. Total stab in the dark though.

No thanks.

oh f***. the chance of a black hole is now greater with this. if this line of thinking merges with the old board/new board stuff i fear the whole internet will collapse in on itself to a  point that doesn't exist in space but with a mass great enough to punch a whole through to dimensions where the most bizzarre is real (think mackems in milan).

Hawkins will steal that if you don't copyright it asap.

No thanks.

Hawkins will steal that if you don't copyright it asap.

if you could amend that slightly to read "punch a hole through mackems in Milan" I'd be all for the Nigerian coup.

Like last time (and every other); is the time really right for Shearer? Can we take a gamble?

Rather take a gamble at the near start of the season with a new owner than later on where the pressure really is on.

No doubt Shearer will make some bottling (running (pun intended) trend with so called toon heroes these days) excuse why he can't, such as he promised Gary he wouldn't leave him by himself with two gimps on a Saturday night.

Like last time (and every other); is the time really right for Shearer? Can we take a gamble?

Rather take a gamble at the near start of the season with a new owner than later on where the pressure really is on.

No doubt Shearer will make some bottling (running (pun intended) trend with so called toon heroes these days) excuse why he can't, such as he promised Gary he wouldn't leave him by himself with two gimps on a Saturday night.

To me, right now is the perfect time for him. He's in a no lose situation TBH, expectations are so low he probably can't fail to meet them. He's the one person other than KK whom Ashley could appoint that would feel secure should he manage to con someone into buying the club.

Just to paste;

THE Board of Newcastle United can today confirm it has appointed the London-based investment bank Seymour Pierce to act on the potential sale of the Club.

All matters relating to the sale of the Club, including inquiries from interested parties, should go through Seymour Pierce.

The Club will be making no further comment at this time.

Anyone wanna give them a ring?

the fact that there's a group of them and they've yet to raise the money to buy us suggests they wont be throwing money at our problems.

the more i think about this deal, the more im convinced it'll be one of the worst things to ever happen to us.

Agreed but its up to Ashley who he flogs it to.

I'd have KK back in a crack.

If something aint done quickly we are going down. A buyout and a return of KK will get the fans and players buzzing again, and its still early enough in the season for it to not be completely wasted.

Really hope we stay in the cup on Weds night too.

Seymour Pierce offers the full range of sales related services including corporate broking, institutional sales and execution, including equity trading and market making.

Our sales team is focused on developing and maintaining long-standing relationships with a wide range of institutional investors, both in the UK and internationally, and building an understanding of their investment strategies, as well as ensuring that it is able to execute share transactions on behalf of its clients quickly and efficiently.

Seymour Pierce Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

For further information please contact...

Richard Feigen

020 7107 8000 [email protected]

Guest chris1210

I'd have KK back in a crack.

If something aint done quickly we are going down. A buyout and a return of KK will get the fans and players buzzing again, and its still early enough in the season for it to not be completely wasted.

A buyout fair enough, but the return of Keegan is NOT the way forward. Too much water under the bridge..... three times would be a total joke.

I hear what you say about getting the place buzzing again.. but until when? I don't think he was the 100% innocent party in this fiasco - yes, he was made to look a fool, but Keegan is Keegan, and he's ALWAYS ran away when the going gets even slightly tough. If he loved this bloody club as much as he harped on about how he did, then he catergorically would not have walked out, knowing the state this team was going to be left in. He is to blame too for this, although not in the magnitude that Ashley is.

Lets face it, as the dust settles, its becoming obvious that it WAS a masterstroke getting Keegan back, but only in the sense that it got season tickets sold, which im convinced was the only reason he was brought back in the first place.

Its time to cut the cord and move on - with new owners in place it becomes a bit brighter of a proposition for managers. Its time to stop being so pathetically patriotic, and get a tactically sound foreign coach in - basically what we were crying out for ever since SBR left.