So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Worth 3.3 billion

who?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Rupert

3.3 Billion is not enough,  He'll have hardly any free cash flow after (if) he invests in the club.  It's about the same as Ashley when he took over.

He is part of the consortium though

Ah, bit out of touch atm.  I suppose a few of them would be handy 100m here, 100m there it soon mounts up.

what occurred to me today is that with the club in real threat of relegation what would really, REALLY boil my piss would be for ashley to make a huge profit on his investment and us get relegated...if we're going down i'd like to have seen ashleys money go down with us and us get bought out after he'd lost shitloads of cash

i can't think of another example like it (should it happen, which we all hope it won't of course)

the thought of him sitting with another 100m or whatever he gets and us being in the first division is too enraging to conjour up...i can hardly contain myself at the thought never mind the reality

aye aye, I'll jus echoe these and post the sky sports page:

Nathaniel said: "We have put a bid in on Friday evening.

"We are now looking at things around improving the football club in anticipation of hearing back from Newcastle positively.

"Therefore, the consortium have asked to look at areas of how we can improve the club while Newcastle are considering the bid."

Nathaniel insists the Nigerian group are serious in their attempts to take charge, but they will not go beyond the price they have offered.

"As far as I know we are the only official bid to have been put in," Nathaniel added.

"I'm sure they will wait for other bids and make a decision on which one to accept.

"One thing is for sure, we will not get involved in a bidding war. We've earmarked money for transfers, money to buy the club and money to deal with the various deep-rooted issues behind the club like the academy.

"A budget has been put in place and my instructions are that they do not want to go over that budget."

"We've earmarked money for transfers, money to buy the club and money to deal with the various deep-rooted issues behind the club like the academy.

"A budget has been put in place and my instructions are that they do not want to go over that budget."

Sounds great. :suicide:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Will this Chris Nathaniel guy be involved in the ownership, or is he literally just a spokesman for them while they buy the club?

He can at least talk. Would be a big step forward for the club.

what occurred to me today is that with the club in real threat of relegation what would really, REALLY boil my piss would be for ashley to make a huge profit on his investment and us get relegated...if we're going down i'd like to have seen ashleys money go down with us and us get bought out after he'd lost shitloads of cash

i can't think of another example like it (should it happen, which we all hope it won't of course)

the thought of him sitting with another 100m or whatever he gets and us being in the first division is too enraging to conjour up...i can hardly contain myself at the thought never mind the reality

If i was in his shoes i would milk this club for every penny it has and watch it crash and burn.  Its fine for the fans to hate Ahsley but he cant hate us back.  I really hope he does not becasue when he joined he really wanted what was best for the club and he said it was not about making cash....but i could understand if he did not feel the same way now.

There are a few comments saying we need one owner rather than a consortium - on the latter that's how the Mackems have done it and it seems to be working for them - I like the idea of more than one person with a stake though as has been said the idea of a Nigerian group does make me a tad nervous.

Guest FlapjackJoe

"We've earmarked money for transfers, money to buy the club and money to deal with the various deep-rooted issues behind the club like the academy.

I have to say, I disagree with that sentiment.  I like what they're saying - they're proposing a sensible business plan, and they seem like they want to run the club sensibly.  If they are going to do that - and if will pump all the money turned over by the club back into the club - plus some more if they can raise it - then it's more than enough for me!

I have to say, I disagree with that sentiment.  I like what they're saying - they're proposing a sensible business plan, and they seem like they want to run the club sensibly.  If they are going to do that - and if will pump all the money turned over by the club back into the club - plus some more if they can raise it - then it's more than enough for me!

Isn't that what Ashley said he'd do?

Isn't that also the sensible way to do it? We can't all expect to be the next Man City (although, to be honest, Man City were last the 'next big thing' last season and that turned out to be bollocks).