So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

The BBC get more right than anyone else to be fair. I don't understand this though, "Keegan may be offered a 5% stake in the club", so that is basically £15m for him to come back? It would be lunacy!! ???

I think its a clever way of pinning keegan to the club.  May make it harder for him to walk again if he ownes a steak in the club.  Perhaps he will have a greater say what goes on at the club, if so  :thup:

Offer him egg,mushrooms,onon rings and chips,he'll deffo come.What about the vegetables?He'll just fuck Wise off i would think.

I just want this thing to be over and done with as soon as possible. We won't know anything about our new owners, there isn't really much point in speculating whether they'll be good or not, all we can do is hope that they'll appoint a good manager and give him the funds he needs.

Guest jimmy84

Could be share options ?

http://www.egos.co.uk/FAQ/csop.htm

This FAQ may be of particular interest to the company in a situation of growth, perhaps working towards a flotation which may result in substantial capital gains on the value of its shares.

Often in such a situation the company wishes to cement relations with its key employees, to reduce the risks of being tempted away by competitors in exchange for higher salaries, and to offer an additional reward, contingent on them remaining with the company through the rapid-growth period. Awarding share options - the right to acquire shares at some future date at a price that is fixed now - can be a very useful way to help achieve that objective.

The big attraction is that, apart from the relatively low costs of setting up the scheme, it costs the company virtually nothing. The reward received by the employee is the right to acquire shares tomorrow, at a price fixed by reference to today's value.

If the company is floated, then the employee whose options have 'vested' (ie who now has the right to exercise the option and actually buy the shares) will often buy and sell them simultaneously - so (s)he will never actually have to put up any money before (s)he can realise the gain.

The employee has the hope of a substantial gain in the value of the shares, before the employee actually has to make a commitment to buy them - and the knowledge that his/her commitment and contribution to the company will influence the extent of that gain in value.

If the shares do gain value and the employee exercises the option and makes money, who will end up having paid? Those to whom the shares are eventually sold. And, to a minor extent, the value of the holdings of other shareholders will have been diluted. But compared to paying more money now, this is likely to be a far more acceptable price to pay.

probably not company share options though, which is what this refers to. These are 'approved' options where the recipient doesn't face any income tax on the grant. unfortunately the maximum amount of options is £30,000, and the options must be held for at least three years before excercise.

if KK were given options, he'd receive a fairly hefty income tax charge on their grant, and then a capital gains charge when he excercised them

The BBC get more right than anyone else to be fair. I don't understand this though, "Keegan may be offered a 5% stake in the club", so that is basically £15m for him to come back? It would be lunacy!! ???

I think its a clever way of pinning keegan to the club.  May make it harder for him to walk again if he ownes a steak in the club.  Perhaps he will have a greater say what goes on at the club, if so  :thup:

You think giving him a share in the club worth £15 million is clever?

It would make Keegan look at transfers from a business point of view so it would be interesting to see if this affected his view to future signings.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/GF504The-Godfather-I-m-Going-to-Mak.jpg

Everytime i see or hear anyone say this i cant stop thinking about that "Kung Pow" (or was it the Kung Fu Hsutle?) movie.

The "Im going to make him an offer he cant understand" and then he starts spekaing chinese

Haha, whatever, funny movie

"Have you ever heard about the Chinese godfather? He made them an offer they couldn't understand."

The Sopranos :pow:

with chips or mash  bluelaugh.gif

You think giving him a share in the club worth £15 million is clever?

It would make Keegan look at transfers from a business point of view so it would be interesting to see if this affected his view to future signings.

oh dear.

Guest Heneage

FOR FUCKS SAKE GIVE UP ON KEEGAN LEAVE HIM THE FUCK ALONE HE HAS NOT SAID A WORD SINCE HE LEFT OR EVEN APOLOGISED TO THE FANS FFS YOU ARE LIKE BATTERED WIVES!?!??!

FOR FUCKS SAKE GIVE UP ON KEEGAN LEAVE HIM THE FUCK ALONE HE HAS NOT SAID A WORD SINCE HE LEFT OR EVEN APOLOGISED TO THE FANS FFS YOU ARE LIKE BATTERED WIVES!?!??!

More like kids who want there Mam (Newcastle) and Dad (Keegan) back together after that slag Mike Ashley split them up with his whoring ways :lol:

I like the words "Unlimited fundings"......

And an solution including that and Keegan would be nice.

Would be kind of weird getting Keegan back though.

I like that phrase as well, can't see where its been mentioned though so I'm not sure why you are?..

Name another truly class manager we are likely to be able to attract

for straters many would say keegan isn't "truly class" and all those managers we now class as "truly class" started out as not being "truly class".

If Keegan makes this £8m claim an issue I don't think any future investors are going to view it very favourably. These guys are supposedly looking to employ him, not get involved in an unpopular legal battle.

Guest Darth Toon

Actually Keegan was the battered wife - he walked out because he just couldn't take it any more. I'm sure he would have loved to have taken us with him, but he just didn't have the room at his new place - that doesn't mean he doesn't love us any more though, and once he's sorted with his new partner, who can come back with him and kick the abuser the fuck out of our house everything will be OK again.

Hang on in there!

FOR f***s SAKE GIVE UP ON KEEGAN LEAVE HIM THE f*** ALONE HE HAS NOT SAID A WORD SINCE HE LEFT OR EVEN APOLOGISED TO THE FANS FFS YOU ARE LIKE BATTERED WIVES!?!??!

Actually Keegan was the battered wife - he walked out because he just couldn't take it any more. I'm sure he would have loved to have taken us with him, but he just didn't have the room at his new place - that doesn't mean he doesn't love us any more though, and once he's sorted with his new partner, who can come back with him and kick the abuser the f*** out of our house everything will be OK again.

Hang on in there!

if keegan was the battered wife he fucked off and left the kids and took the family allownace book just before christmas.