So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

They're paying 100m over the odds to pay back the money that Ashley ploughed in to rid us of the debt.  Maybe they just want to refinace that bit - so they are putting in what the club is actually worth.

If they can't afford it then they should buy a club they can afford, if they do refinance it to help them buy it (like Glazers at Man Utd or Hicks/Gillette at Liverpool) then they won't be getting any money out of me.

Guest elbee909

What is?

We're never going to get over Keegan, are we.

No.  He is now bigger than the club.

I saw that because it'd seem - and I do say seem, it's not a dead cert, but bear with me - it'd seem that any potential bidder knows that to really get their foot in the door, Keegan is the way to do it.  A way to a Toon fan's heart is through Keegan.

What is?

We're never going to get over Keegan, are we.

No.  He is now bigger than the club.

I saw that because it'd seem - and I do say seem, it's not a dead cert, but bear with me - it'd seem that any potential bidder knows that to really get their foot in the door, Keegan is the way to do it.  A way to a Toon fan's heart is through Keegan.

Exactly. And by making the appeal, they build it up even further while also denying themselves room to manouevre.

And meanwhile, Toon + Keegan doesn't necessarily = Success. He did all right last season, but not enough to take it for granted that he'd be a roaring success all over again if only he had a bit more transfer money.

I really hope the new owners don't repeat Ashley's mistake by bringing back Keegan again.

Maybe we will get a short-term boost, like last time, but inevitabley we'll be left up shit creek again in a year's time, with the fans baying 'sack the board' again.

Guest Darth Toon

I really hope the new owners don't repeat Ashley's mistake by bringing back Keegan again.

Maybe we will get a short-term boost, like last time, but inevitabley we'll be left up shit creek again in a year's time, with the fans baying 'sack the board' again.

Only if they then also repeat Ashley's multitude of other mistakes.

Only if they then also repeat Ashley's multitude of other mistakes.

Don't want to make this another one of 'those threads'!

Guest neesy111

keegan will spit has dummy out when he doesn't get his own way in 6-12 months time and we'll be back to square 1

name 1 club that have brought a player/manager back 4 times

if keegan was so good as a manager why has he not won a trophy and not even came close in any cup competition

keegan will spit has dummy out when he doesn't get his own way in 6-12 months time and we'll be back to square 1

name 1 club that have brought a player/manager back 4 times

if keegan was so good as a manager why has he not won a trophy and not even came close in any cup competition

He won us the Div 1 Championship in his first full season and got damn near the Premiership title.

Its not as good a record as Alex Ferguson but take him and Wenger out of the record books and not many others have come anywhere near bar Dalglish and Mourinho

EDIT : I am not starting a "Keegan is great" discussion again but I wish peoiple wouldnt make out that he did absolutely nothing for us

if he spits his dummy out again then we'll just replace him, the real issue is if the owners spit their dummy out. managers can be replaced much more easily then owners can of course.

Hes got my support if he comes back but i admit his decision was a little harsh....put us in the shit

Guest elbee909

Alright... alright... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... how many clubs have had a manager back that many times?

my only concern is how the players will respond to him coming back. will be a bit awkward for them i would have thought

How? Most of them appeared to be as gutted as the fans were that he'd gone. If you're referencing the possibility that one or two of them might think he's gone because he never wanted them in the first place then he'll easy talk his way round that.

Regardless of what you think of Keegan leaving etc, the fact is that pretty much everyone was happy with how we were progressing on the pitch under him. I may be wrong and someone will no doubt correct me if so, but I certainly can't remember anyone being particularly unhappy about his management.

I therefore wouldn't mind seeing Keegan back as I think he's amongst the best we can attract right now*, and in my opinion we were moving in the right direction on the pitch. If he proves he's not up to it, he'll soon be gone anyway - whether by walking out or by being replaced.

*Of course I don't know who else is interested, but I can't think of another outstanding candidate.

Regardless of what you think of Keegan leaving etc, the fact is that pretty much everyone was happy with how we were progressing on the pitch under him. I may be wrong and someone will no doubt correct me if so, but I certainly can't remember anyone being particularly unhappy about his management.

I therefore wouldn't mind seeing Keegan back as I think he's amongst the best we can attract right now*, and in my opinion we were moving in the right direction on the pitch. If he proves he's not up to it, he'll soon be gone anyway - whether by walking out or by being replaced.

*Of course I don't know who else is interested, but I can't think of another outstanding candidate.

I don't disagree with this. I have been critical of Keegan's alleged transfer targets and unwillingness to co-operate within the structure of the club's blueprint, but it can be argued both ways.

Keegan is a decent manager though, well respected by his players and should be welcomed back if he does come back. I only hope that the new owners will give him the backing that he needs to keep him happy, otherwise he will get itchy feet again.

from a quick search on google that might be wrong:

Rupert is worth £2billion

Immerman is worth £500m to £1billion

the rest are around Shepherd or Hall's level of wealth, thought Joffe might be investing for his conglomerate bidvest which has a turnover of £3billion a year.

So now those two are out we're left with a few blokes with very little wealth combined compared to other club owners.

Add to that some bloke who's already been fucked off by Harry Redknapp when at Southampton to run our academy and it all sounds great.

the rest are around Shepherd or Hall's level of wealth, thought Joffe might be investing for his conglomerate bidvest which has a turnover of £3billion a year.

So now those two are out we're left with a few blokes with very little wealth combined compared to other club owners.

Add to that some bloke who's already been fucked off by Harry Redknapp when at Southampton to run our academy and it all sounds great.

when did Immerman deny interest?

when did Immerman deny interest?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4239726,00.html