So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

hopefully the deal will be done in time for the transfer market!

That's my worry with this 'in the new year' comment. We'll need players in January, even if they're just to bulk out the squad.

It was 2-3 weeks after the end of the transfer window that the City deal was finally concluded.  Therefore, the buyers may be in a similar position in January where they could approve signings although I guess you would want a new manager first.

Aye, City had a good manager already in place, with his own plans.

We've got an interim manager that's currently doing alright. Do they keep him on? Do they let him mould the squad? It's a mess for anyone wanting to come in.

By the sounds of it, these serious bidders are doing 'all' their homework/due dilligence etc first. One of the things i'd imagine (hope) them having ready is a plan to take over at running pace; key personnel selected which would include the manager they want.

I can only see JK staying on if the manager they really want is tied till the end of the season.

I've said it before, I quite like him, I hope JK does well enough with us to get a full-time job at another club - so far he's doing better than initially hoped.

I just hope everyone stays focused and this doesn't unsettle the team all over again in the new year.

Joe is obviously very popular with the players, so if they do decide to change managers again, they had better have someone who everyone would back form the outset in mind.

depending on the timing of the takeover i would be tempted to keep JFK til the end of the season just to stabalise it short term, then next summer start from scratch AGAIN.

http://www.sportindustry.biz/news/view/2707/ftsis-08:-two-bids-for-newcastle-utd

Keith Harris, chairman of Seymour Pierce Investment Bank in charge of finding a buyer for Newcastle United, told the gathered industry at The FT Sport Industry Summit 2008 in association with the Honda Racing F1 Team's earthdreams programme,  that there were two serious bids on the table for the football team.

Speaking during the first panel session, which focused on the current economic situation, Harris admitted, “We have two very serious contenders.” The statement came on the heels of accusing the press of creating the idea that Newcastle had “several bids,” including the interest from a group of Nigerians, which had been widely reported.

“We’ve had several expressions of interest. But anyone involved in business would know, that’s not a bid,” the chairman said, adding the so-called interest from Nigerian bidders “does not exist.”

When asked for a timeline for when Newcastle would sell – in an ideal world – Harris said: “By the New Year.”

Same stuff, just the source of the quotes.

I just hope everyone stays focused and this doesn't unsettle the team all over again in the new year.

Joe is obviously very popular with the players, so if they do decide to change managers again, they had better have someone who everyone would back form the outset in mind.

depending on the timing of the takeover i would be tempted to keep JFK til the end of the season just to stabalise it short term, then next summer start from scratch AGAIN.

Its amazing what one win does.  Everyone was pulling there hair out off the Sunderlando defeat and the manner in which we conceeded possetion to WBA.

Me personally,  I wuld replace JK if the chance cme of a decent manager. 

PS - wasn't it Harris himself that said there were several bids? ???

Depends what he meant by bids, did he mean that several people had actually made a cash offer or that several people had started the process of making a bid? Like showing they've got the cash to buy it, looking at the books etc.

Its amazing what one win does.  Everyone was pulling there hair out off the Sunderlando defeat and the manner in which we conceeded possetion to WBA.

Me personally,  I wuld replace JK if the chance cme of a decent manager. 

Obviously depending on our position come jan, id keep JK if we're doing well till the end of the season, but if we're not obviously id change managers. My sentimental side says that id like to see him given a role at the club if he were to do well for us either way.

The timing frame is what worries me. First it was end on October then end of November and now in the new year God knows what will be next. I wish we have some one like the Kuwat business man instead of American business man like Liverpool.

I am worried about the identity the owner rather than JK.

Not everyone, quite a few though.

PS - wasn't it Harris himself that said there were several bids? ???

No he didn't mention bids, he said several interested parties.

So they'll both be entering due diligence now.  Sounds promising as there are unlikely to be any skeletons in cupboards, debt free and all that.  WE just have to hope that Ashley can agree a price with one of these gadgees now.

This also shows that jfk talks utter tripe

Would be quality if the first act was appointing a top manager, and a new contract for Owen.

Two birds with one stone - make Owen manager.

Remember when Blackburn offered Shearer the Player-Manager job when Dalglish left when he was still mid 20s. :lol:

That's hilarious, never knew that. Any link?

So..its going to be american I suppose..Lets hope its better than the other american owners in PL.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f2258c24-aa99-11dd-897c-000077b07658.html

Better than the american owners who've won the league twice and the CL with ManU?

Better than the american owner who has done a fantastic job at Villa, and got them in a position whereby they could feasibly challange the top 4?

Better than the american owners at liverpool who've qualified for the CL every year?

I hope they're better too, but I'd be surprised....

So..its going to be american I suppose..Lets hope its better than the other american owners in PL.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f2258c24-aa99-11dd-897c-000077b07658.html

Better than the american owners who've won the league twice and the CL with ManU?

Better than the american owner who has done a fantastic job at Villa, and got them in a position whereby they could feasibly challange the top 4?

Better than the american owners at liverpool who've qualified for the CL every year?

I hope they're better too, but I'd be surprised....

You would really be happy with owners like Hicks/Gillett and the Glazers? For me going to a successful club, saddling it with hundreds of millions of debt while it continues to be successful isn't an achievement. A Lerner would be good though.