So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

So..its going to be american I suppose..Lets hope its better than the other american owners in PL.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f2258c24-aa99-11dd-897c-000077b07658.html

Better than the american owners who've won the league twice and the CL with ManU?

Better than the american owner who has done a fantastic job at Villa, and got them in a position whereby they could feasibly challange the top 4?

Better than the american owners at liverpool who've qualified for the CL every year?

I hope they're better too, but I'd be surprised....

You would really be happy with owners like Hicks/Gillett and the Glazers? For me going to a successful club, saddling it with hundreds of millions of debt while it continues to be successful isn't an achievement. A Lerner would be good though.

I'd take it if it was secured against almost guaranteed CL qualification and a successful club, i.e. not really a problem.

It's Paul Allen.

Paul Allen?

Has done very well to turn things around for the Portland Trailblazers recently. Very young, exciting up and coming team.

Very rich and also a good guy.

I would be happy.

So..its going to be american I suppose..Lets hope its better than the other american owners in PL.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f2258c24-aa99-11dd-897c-000077b07658.html

Better than the american owners who've won the league twice and the CL with ManU?

Better than the american owner who has done a fantastic job at Villa, and got them in a position whereby they could feasibly challange the top 4?

Better than the american owners at liverpool who've qualified for the CL every year?

I hope they're better too, but I'd be surprised....

You would really be happy with owners like Hicks/Gillett and the Glazers? For me going to a successful club, saddling it with hundreds of millions of debt while it continues to be successful isn't an achievement. A Lerner would be good though.

I'd take it if it was secured against almost guaranteed CL qualification and a successful club, i.e. not really a problem.

You talk like they have had something to do with that. Both were already hugely successful clubs, all they have done is toyed with their long term future. £600m of debt will always bite you on your arse at some point.

Would be quality if the first act was appointing a top manager, and a new contract for Owen.

Two birds with one stone - make Owen manager.

Remember when Blackburn offered Shearer the Player-Manager job when Dalglish left when he was still mid 20s. :lol:

That's hilarious, never knew that. Any link?

Can't say i ever saw or read anything about it until Shearer Legend DVD came out. Shearer himself said there that he'd been offered the player-manager job from Blackburn, in a desperate attempt for them to secure him long-term.

Would be quality if the first act was appointing a top manager, and a new contract for Owen.

Two birds with one stone - make Owen manager.

Remember when Blackburn offered Shearer the Player-Manager job when Dalglish left when he was still mid 20s. :lol:

That's hilarious, never knew that. Any link?

Can't say i ever saw or read anything about it until Shearer Legend DVD came out. Shearer himself said there that he'd been offered the player-manager job from Blackburn, in a desperate attempt for them to secure him long-term.

Guess I can't have ever watched that DVD too carefully :lol:

Guest VegasToon

I would guess Mark Cuban. 

Cuban is after the Chicago Cubs......If he buys the Toon, then he must have been nixed by the Baseball Commish as to ever getting approval to buy the Cubs.  Still wouldn't mind Cuban owning Newcastle though.

I thought his bid was rejected?

Guest VegasToon

How much is he worth?

2.8 Billion dollars I think

He's a sport nut.  He would easily invest in the club and build a winner.  I would love him to be the new owner.

How much is he worth?

2.8 Billion dollars I think

He's a sport nut.  He would easily invest in the club and build a winner.   I would love him to be the new owner.

Cool

If he'll pump money into our club like the way he does with dallas mavericks, i will not be crying for him as our owner!

Where did we get this bloke from? No real quotes about names...

I really can't see anyone buying us at all, it would be a bad investment on purely financial terms and we aren't exactly a global brand if they wanted us as their advertising medium, in fact I would go as far to say that we are devil incarnate where positive branding is concerned!!

Then again, we are just the dog's bollox in our own little world!!!!!!

I really can't see anyone buying us at all, it would be a bad investment on purely financial terms and we aren't exactly a global brand if they wanted us as their advertising medium, in fact I would go as far to say that we are devil incarnate where positive branding is concerned!!

Doom Monger.

Guest ovesbar

I think almost every team in the EPL would be a good advertising medium, there is no other league, regardless of sport that receives that amount of attention from all over the world. Here in Norway almost every single PL-match is broadcast on live television, and I know for a fact that it is the same in parts of Asia. Newcastle is as good brand as anyone apart from the big four, and financially we are better of than most, the fan base is among the largest, not only on England but also in Europe, and all the facilities are in place for building a big club.

If you compare us to Spurs which have a similar fan-base and reputation in the world, we are better of financially, and already have a big stadium in place. Something that would cost Spurs 500 millions at least.

Guest elbee909

Doom Monger.

FYP