Champions League 2008/09

midds

Guest Stephen927

Was talking to my mate who is a Liverpool fan and he said that they should have had a penalty earlier on in the game, and so the penalty at the end was justice.

Was talking to my mate who is a Liverpool fan and he said that they should have had a penalty earlier on in the game, and so the penalty at the end was justice.

Typical Liverpool fan's reaction.

"I'll ignore what you said and point to some other incident"

If I wasn't an Everton fan I'd hate Liverpool anyway, everything about them, their fans, their captain, their manager, gets my blood boiling.

Of course, the mass media won't do anything, and will resume pampering unjustified praise on them before long.

Even Setanta's wording of their poll.

"Does Stephen Gerrard go down too easily?"

Why can't they just say, "Does he dive?". They would for Ronaldo.

I must say, I actually despise Gerrard more than Ronaldo, as Gerrard has the audacity to tell other players not to dive.

As for the poll, there's no way they'd use the word dive. Wouldn't want to tarnish the golden boy's reputation now would they?

Guest quklaani

Gerrard dives a lot more than Ronaldo.  To be fair its pretty rare for Ronaldo to dive these days, but he acts like a spoilt brat a lot and I think people get it confused (take for example the thing with Phil Neville).  And certainly the media don't let up, when we got that penalty against Bolton people we're accusing him of conning the ref by um....getting tackled and knocked to the ground and not appealing for a penalty.

Gerrard on the other hand would have to do a Gilardino before anyone in the press would even mention it.

Gerrard dives a lot more than Ronaldo.  To be fair its pretty rare for Ronaldo to dive these days, but he acts like a spoilt brat a lot and I think people get it confused (take for example the thing with Phil Neville).  And certainly the media don't let up, when we got that penalty against Bolton people we're accusing him of conning the ref by um....getting tackled and knocked to the ground and not appealing for a penalty.

Gerrard on the other hand would have to do a Gilardino before anyone in the press would even mention it.

They both dive alot. But Ronaldo gets fouled alot more. Players with quick turns of pace like Ronaldo, Jonas, or even Oba tend to get fouled more than any other players imo, and it is no surprise that these type players are usually the most prolific divers.

Far from being Ronaldo's biggest fan, as I think his attitude stinks at times, but I think these 2 players define the difference between diving and falling over easily. Ronaldo goes to ground easily when being pushed or something, and as said, acts like a spoilt brat, perhaps more dramatic than Gerrard, and thus is reported about more.

Gerrard knows exactly how/when hes going to dive, last night was the latest in a long line of pathetic incidents. I just hope that soon, maybe, just maybe, the mass media will have the bottle to expose him as the cheat he is.

Gerrard knows exactly how/when hes going to dive, last night was the latest in a long line of pathetic incidents. I just hope that soon, maybe, just maybe, the mass media will have the bottle to expose him as the cheat he is.

Sam Wallace of the Independent was rightly very critical of the incident in today's report of that match.

He was more critical of the referee for giving it though, calling it "atrocious".

Guest optimistic nit

its not exactly good for the heart with our injury record. he's our most important player as well (one of them) and every time he gets fouled it looks like he's broken his leg.

Celtic 1 - 0 Man Utd.

Great goal.

Must say i'm wanting Man Yoo to win this . I hate what the old firm for what it stands for

Same here actually. But only because Celtic are fucking crap and just defend with 10 men behind the ball at all times in an attempt to spoil the game. Fergie should get Rooney on for Giggs who's been shit so far.

Roma 3 points

Inter 1 point

Juventus 3 points

Fiorentina 1 point

9 goals, 8 points total, some good results after all.

Chelsea 0 points

Manu 1 point

Liverpool 1 point

Arsenal 1 point

3 goals, 3 points, not so good

Can I just be the first to say that that's a fucking ridiculous post.