The official Fat Fred Out campaign

Guest ToonFanNorway
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ToonFanNorway

The more often I'm told to do something, the less inclined I am to actually do it. Call it midds' law.

Ok mate well dont but for the sake of the toon DO IT !!!

Guest ToonFanNorway

I think TFN is slightly mentaly unhinged

is this the sort of quality we want in our soldiers I ask myself

Ok BUSHY thanx for that !!!

Guest ToonFanNorway

Ok here i go again  bluesigh.gif

Are you gonna back the campaign and sign up to the website or you happy for fat FRED to continue his reign as your beloved Chairman  :confused:

This is my last post on the issue i promise  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Re Fat Fred buying the club out...

It's not an impossible scenario. He's accumulated shares up to just under the point where he'd have to make a formal bid for ownership of the club. It's possible he could arrange the finance to buy out the Halls if they want to sell up, and if the Halls look like selling their shares to someone else, that might be what he'd do.

Re Fat Fred buying the club out...

It's not an impossible scenario. He's accumulated shares up to just under the point where he'd have to make a formal bid for ownership of the club. It's possible he could arrange the finance to buy out the Halls if they want to sell up, and if the Halls look like selling their shares to someone else, that might be what he'd do.

Unlikely, in my opinion, but if he does its in the fans' own hands to screw him up - total boycott needed, let his investment go down & down - just as he will take the Club down & down.

I thought the chants today, though fairly loud, were ineffective.  If you want to be taken seriously, do it all game or at the start, not straight after conceding a goal froma  corner.  It just seems irrational.

I didn't hear it but it sounds like a good start.

I thought the chants today, though fairly loud, were ineffective.  If you want to be taken seriously, do it all game or at the start, not straight after conceding a goal froma  corner.  It just seems irrational.

Well maybe it wasnt loud throughout, but it was in my area.

I didn't hear it but it sounds like a good start.

hopefully its the start of a serious effort to make our feelings known....

Well it's got noticed! It made The Guardian

Aiyegbeni winner has Newcastle fans calling for Shepherd's head

Michael Walker at the Riverside Stadium

Monday October 23, 2006

The Guardian

A stop-start derby ended with one man, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, using his head to win the points for Middlesbrough and an element of the travelling Newcastle United support calling for the head of their chairman Freddy Shepherd. The climate is warming on Teesside after two successive wins but it is shaping up to be a long, cold winter on Tyneside. Disaffected Geordies will hope that the latest takeover rumour - involving a local consortium - has some basis in fact.

Newcastle's dejection at the end was sizeable, partly because they performed well in patches and at times defended with resolution. Boro's manager, Gareth Southgate, delivered an honest assessment when he said: "It's the first time we've got a bit more than we have deserved [this season], it could have been a draw," and Southgate spoke of "relief" and "grind" as much as "pleasure".

But whether his words are recalled during the inevitable Newcastle debate about the state of their club is another matter. This was a sixth defeat in nine matches - one point taken from the last 15 - and that represents their second-worst start to a Premiership season. The other did for Ruud Gullit.

"It's not good," said Roeder when that record was put to him. "Too often we have shot ourselves in the foot and now we have to pick ourselves up off the canvas, and quickly."

Having gone into battle to appoint Roeder, and having sanctioned the former West Ham manager's recruitment of Nigel Pearson as his new assistant in place of the sacked Kevin Bond, the chairman is unlikely to take an axe to his manager.

But there is no disguising the fans' rising impatience with the hierarchy. These were the first anti-Shepherd chants for 18 months from a fan base slow to show militancy. Newcastle's next two league games are against Charlton and Sheffield United at home and if six points are not garnered then calls for Shepherd's head will surely be heard again. Before then it is Portsmouth at St James' Park on Wednesday in the League Cup, which always appeared tricky.

The inability to defend durably and consistently has been Newcastle's problem for as long as anyone can remember, and when the lively Stewart Downing swung in an 85th-minute corner Aiyegbeni had Stephen Carr and Craig Moore for company.

A standing joke at Boro is that Aiyegbeni does not even pretend to head the ball in training. And yet all he had to do here was jump ever so slightly to direct a downward header past Steve Harper and Scott Parker on the goalline. "Since the start of this year it is something we have worked at in the most basic way," Southgate said of Aiyegbeni's heading. "It is very simple practice and I don't know if it makes any difference. But I might as well take the credit."

Aiyegbeni's intervention - his third goal in as many matches - proved to be the difference. However, it is easy to isolate Newcastle's defence. Had Obafemi Martins or Antoine Sibierski, Newcastle's starting strikers, showed comparable efficiency with Aiyegbeni Boro would have been two down after 14 minutes.

"It was a game undoubtedly we should have won," Roeder said. "Managers always say goals change games and what it changes is how a team feels about itself. Instead of feeling elation today, you think Boro will have a chance or two and we'll be punished."

So it was. Yet when Damien Duff teed up Sibierski after seven minutes the day looked different. Unfortunately for Newcastle, although Sibierski shares Alan Shearer's initials, that is where the similarity ends.

Sibierski's shot was pitifully weak, and the Frenchman was then given credit for the pass to Martins when it was a poor mistake by Jonathan Woodgate that let the former Internazionale player in. The £10m Nigerian striker had only a sliding Mark Schwarzer to beat and did so, but his chip hit the bar and bounced over.

At that stage Middlesbrough were having difficulty getting out of their own half. But then Downing and Aiyegbeni began to get the ball, Harper made saves from the left-winger and Jason Euell, and five minutes after half-time the Newcastle goalkeeper tipped a Downing free-kick on to the woodwork.

As the play opened up James Milner had an opportunity created by Parker but it was Middlesbrough who finished the stronger. Euell wasted one opening and Steven Taylor cleared an 80th-minute shot off the line from the substitute Fabio Rochemback. Five minutes later, though, Newcastle had no defence. Then came the chants.

Man of the match Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Middlesbrough)

Why not ask the Man U fans how to organise protests properly? They're well drilled in Militancy and will offer advice on how to go about making the right noises without looking like a bunch of amateurs and having the piss taken for being charvers (when your not).

Go via Red Issue or Man Utd Independent Supporters Assoc, both very vocal mediums.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Why not ask the Man U fans how to organise protests properly? They're well drilled in Militancy and will offer advice on how to go about making the right noises without looking like a bunch of amateurs and having the piss taken for being charvers (when your not).

Go via Red Issue or Man Utd Independent Supporters Assoc, both very vocal mediums.

who exactly did they get rid of  blueconfused.gif