Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think keeping the pressure on Ashley is correct - he has put the club up for sale but at a set price. If that price is untenable then the pressure may cause him to rethink it. The idea that he has done all he can just by involving SP is crap.

Also the "worst enemy" is the wrong words but I took that to mean that any new owners would have to earn respect - again I have no problem with that stance as opposed to the implication on here that supporters should brown nose from the start.

I think keeping the pressure on Ashley is correct - he has put the club up for sale but at a set price. If that price is untenable then the pressure may cause him to rethink it. The idea that he has done all he can just by involving SP is crap.

Also the "worst enemy" is the wrong words but I took that to mean that any new owners would have to earn respect - again I have no problem with that stance as opposed to the implication on here that supporters should brown nose from the start.

:thup:

Point is at least they are doing something. Ashley's said he wants to sell the club, but there's no guarantee that will happen at all. We could very well be still in limbo come January, with the likes of Owen (and others) moved out of the club by Dennis Wise. That can be the only reason why the poison dwarf is still in a job, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

So if for whatever reason Ashley can't sell, then what good is protesting going to do?

Because it'll keep the pressure on? That's what the SC are after as far as I can see.

At best pathetic, at worst dangerous.

These idiots really need to be stopped before they do further damage to the club and embarrass it's real supporters more than they have already.

still "embarrassed" then are we ?

Yeah. I think these people are an embarrassment to the citizens and supporters of Newcastle.

I see your level of self importance has now reached the height of using the royal "we". Should we be addressing you as Sir or HRH ?

Mike Ashley's not daft. He doesn't want to be here anymore, and if he can't sell at the price he's quoting, he'll lower it himself.

Protesting and boycoutts won't affect that decision.

So we shouldn't complain, because they're doing something, even if we disagree with what they're doing? I really don't get your point here.

This idea that "doing something" is automatically better than "not doing something" is totally moronic.

Both right, I've been saying for ages that doing 'anything' isn't always better than doing nothing - in fact this is a prime example of how hasty action can be harmful.

Mike Ashley's not daft. He doesn't want to be here anymore, and if he can't sell at the price he's quoting, he'll lower it himself.

How would it even go? :lol:

"Mike, the supporters group got together and we've decided the £475m figure in all the papers is way too high and you should lower it."

Wouldn't it be better to wait until someone's actually bought the club before drawing attention to just what a massive spanner in the works you can be to  potential buyers? 

"Mike, the supporters group got together and we've decided the £475m figure in all the papers is way too high and you should lower it."

:lol:

Wouldn't it be better to wait until someone's actually bought the club before drawing attention to just what a massive spanner in the works you can be to  potential buyers? 

That's why I said the wording was wrong - I think stating that new owners will be judged on actions not words would have been a better way of putting it (though with a possibly more polite slant). "Enemy" implies a threat which is too strong which is why I'd argue that a co-operative and "honest" owner would see benefits from involving a supporter's group rather than emphasising the negative.

No I meant increasing his "pain" in hanging on a bit - nothing violent but affecting SD sales as a fair alternative.

No I meant increasing his "pain" in hanging on a bit - nothing violent but affecting SD sales as a fair alternative.

Right but it's complete speculation as to how much he's selling at.  300m?  200m?  450m?  All figures that have been reported and probably the truth is in there somewhere, but why take action given such incomplete information? 

Put another way, if no buyer is found could a group be so certain that it was the asking price -- barring of course something like quotes from a sheik.

Right but it's complete speculation as to how much he's selling at.  300m?  200m?  450m?  All figures that have been reported and probably the truth is in there somewhere, but why take action given such incomplete information? 

Put another way, if no buyer is found could a group be so certain that it was the asking price -- barring of course something like quotes from a sheik.

Is it the NUSC job to sell the club? Strange.

From their motives and statements, you would have thought it was.

That's why I said the wording was wrong - I think stating that new owners will be judged on actions not words would have been a better way of putting it (though with a possibly more polite slant). "Enemy" implies a threat which is too strong which is why I'd argue that a co-operative and "honest" owner would see benefits from involving a supporter's group rather than emphasising the negative.

Tbh, every time NUSC say something in public they end up sticking their foot in it. If it was once you could put it down to teething troubles, but every time man? One track anti-Ashley agendas, crass veiled threats to future investors...hwo they expect to be taken seriously when they are putting out an image of near-sighted rabble rousers I don't know.

From their motives and statements, you would have thought it was.

You got me there...(ho ho).

you've become so fkn right-wing Parky. El Che is repulsed and will most likely be twitching in his grave.

you've become so fkn right-wing Parky. El Che is repulsed and will most likely be twitching in his grave.

Everything I know is wrong.  :joker:

So we shouldn't complain, because they're doing something, even if we disagree with what they're doing? I really don't get your point here.

This idea that "doing something" is automatically better than "not doing something" is totally moronic.

Both right, I've been saying for ages that doing 'anything' isn't always better than doing nothing - in fact this is a prime example of how hasty action can be harmful.

"There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction." - JFK (the other one)

If you don't like what NUSC are doing, get yourself along to the meetings and have your say. If there were only 50 there, you'd have had an excellent opportunity to put your point across. I don't think they're expressing themselves particularly well, and in the short term I don't think any kind of protest or boycott will make any difference one way or the other. I'm sure in the future I'll disagree with a lot of their objectives, but I'm not going to sit here and criticise them for standing up and at least attempting to put across a consensus opinion and initiate some action.

I've said it before, but if you're so convinced Ashley is selling up because of protests, start your own group up to show him the level of support he has. You're not going to persuade him to stay just by sniping and whining on the internet about other people getting off their arse and acting on their beliefs.