Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Toon Ultras were also criticised to be acting as if they were the spokesperson of the people and apparenl they were causing a divide also, the same sort of shite has been spouted about these NUSC lads and lasses and tbh I think it's more because people are frightened of change or anything new rather than what the groups actually stand for.

Bollocks.

The Toon Ultras do what they do. It's a stupid name with the wrong kind of connotations but at the end of the day they're just a bunch who want to make some noise at matches. I'm happy to let them get on with it.

NUSC on the other hand are behaving as if they're the voice of all supporters, and making statements and graciously offering to meet Ashley as if they actually wielded some real power. They don't, though, and most of their self-important initiatives are more embarrassing than anything.

Toon Ultras were also criticised to be acting as if they were the spokesperson of the people and apparenl they were causing a divide also, the same sort of s**** has been spouted about these NUSC lads and lasses and tbh I think it's more because people are frightened of change or anything new rather than what the groups actually stand for.

I believe they stand for a collective view, not necesaarily what the whole of the NUFC support think, just what that group think. The group which I believe was intended to be a larger group for leaders of the smaller groups to intwine and get together if you like. For too long N-O, TF, The Mag, TU, etc have all been seperate and critical of one another to me the NUSC are trying to pull us all together which is fair enough, today they did more than an of us and I think they should be credited for it not criticised.

That's the whole point though, what do they stand for!?!

Toon Ultras were also criticised to be acting as if they were the spokesperson of the people and apparenl they were causing a divide also, the same sort of s**** has been spouted about these NUSC lads and lasses and tbh I think it's more because people are frightened of change or anything new rather than what the groups actually stand for.

I believe they stand for a collective view, not necesaarily what the whole of the NUFC support think, just what that group think. The group which I believe was intended to be a larger group for leaders of the smaller groups to intwine and get together if you like. For too long N-O, TF, The Mag, TU, etc have all been seperate and critical of one another to me the NUSC are trying to pull us all together which is fair enough, today they did more than an of us and I think they should be credited for it not criticised.

That's the whole point though, what do they stand for!?!

What's the point of a group that says one thing one minute and the exact opposite the next?

criticising them for the bobby robson day, classy, very classy. there is a very small minority on here who will do whatever they can to criticise the majority of their fellow fans, no topic or event is off limits. wow, cant really muster much more reaction than that - wow.

fwiw it was the headline story on the front page of the journal yesterday, cant get much more regional publicity than that. im not part of nusc and nor do i think they represent me, but good luck to them if they want to try and give the fans a more organised voice. they'll need it.

I lost the what little bit of respect there was for NUSC when I heard what was said about Ashley on SSN. Pathetic.

What was said?

That Ashley made the decision to take the club off the market just to ruin SBR day. Or something to that effect.

Guest toonlass

criticising them for the bobby robson day, classy, very classy. there is a very small minority on here who will do whatever they can to criticise the majority of their fellow fans, no topic or event is off limits. wow, cant really muster much more reaction than that - wow.

fwiw it was the headline story on the front page of the journal yesterday, cant get much more regional publicity than that. im not part of nusc and nor do i think they represent me, but good luck to them if they want to try and give the fans a more organised voice. they'll need it.

Rubbish! If that is the best they can do, with the backing of local media then shame on them. I put money in the buckets outside the ground, but apart from that what was so different about the chanting at today's match than any other. AND it was the lads at the back of the Leazes corner who started off the "One bobby Robson" chanting. I thought they had got something organised with the club to have banners etc from what they were saying but nope. If they are going to organise things like this then they need to ORGANISE something, otherwise just keep on running their Ashley out campaign!

I love Sir Bob - he was the best manager we've had in the last 40 years.

I find the commemorative day a bit embarrassing though, seeing as a very large percentage of fans were screaming for him to be sacked at the time he left.

Guest toonlass

Wasn't something also said along the lines of this being the worst possible late Xmas present for Toon fans?

Yup, nearly spat my coffee out at that point. Who is this bloke, talking as if he speaks for all fans? He was asked if his view was the one of all Newcastle supporters and said something along the lines of people who didn't agree with it being absolutely awful hadn't a clue. People who held banners up outside St James Park in September haven't a clue and have caused our club to be nearly ran into the ground. Why NUSC cannot see that in this situation it is better to gain some stability than to get all high and mighty on SSN is beyond me. The one trick pony rides on!

I lost the what little bit of respect there was for NUSC when I heard what was said about Ashley on SSN. Pathetic.

What was said?

That Ashley made the decision to take the club off the market just to ruin SBR day. Or something to that effect.

If that's true, that'd be the end of any sympathy for NUSC I may have had. They seem to be shockingly advised in terms of PR and strategy.

Guest toonlass

What was said?

If that's true, that'd be the end of any sympathy for NUSC I may have had. They seem to be shockingly advised in terms of PR and strategy.

Was the first thing out of the bloke's mouth before he even commented on the situation with Ashley.

What was said?

Was the first thing out of the bloke's mouth before he even commented on the situation with Ashley.

If most of the fans hadn't even heard it was Bobby Robson Day then Ashley probably hadn't either.

NUSC just seems to be an embarassing platform for a bunch of fans to try and get one over on Ashley. You can tell that from the situation in which it was set up (off the back of the protests/Keegan saga).

The little jibes at Ashley, the lack of PR/media training and the embarassing things on the website are just ridiculous.

Personally, I too was a bit disappointed with the lack of SBR mentions inside the ground. What I do know is that we did have an SBR banner (which was outside the Gallowgate for a bit while we were collecting). We had been in contact with the safety officer Dave Pattinson about carrying the banner around the ground, and I believe that permission had been granted. I didn't have much to do with that side of things myself, so I can only assume/guess that there was some last minute problem.

On the collection side of things, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who donated. A few of us counted out the money after the game, and we've raised £2,626. So thanks very much!

At the risk of sounding like Arsene Wenger, I didn't see SSN this morning (I was up and out early helping to set up the collections), so I've only heard bits and pieces second hand on what was said.

Tom,

What do you think if what is reported to have been said by the "spokesperson" is true?  Is it representative of the views of NUSC as a whole?

It was Michael Ord, NUSC official Media Spokesperson, so his views if not his IQ must be representative of NUSC as a whole.