Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The first sign of trouble? There was a week of protests. He bought Newcastle as something to enjoy, to sit in the stands as a fan, and wasn't able to do so anymore (the other owners you mentioned are in it asa business venture). He might have upped and left a little too easily - I don't dispute that - but why were these people calling for him to piss off in the first place? It's just backwards. And this "keeping up the pressure" approach just leaves me baffled. What if the next owner makes an unpopular move? Nigerian Mafia Out? ... why were they protesting to get rid of Ashley & co? Surely if they wanted Keegan back they should have been protesting for that. It's just purely destructive the way everything has been handled. Mindless mindlessness.

Speaking personally and with people I know, Keegan was actually only part of the reason - him wanting to back his structure and his personnel when its and their positions seemed untenable were the core issue along with the failure to significantly improve the squad .

I also think the keeping up the pressure on Ashley is to make sure he does sell in a reasonable timeframe rather than just letting things drag.

I don't see why new owners shouldn't some under the same scrutiny as Ashley and be criticised if they make major mistakes - as I said above a vocal fanbase is better than sheep.

Rebels without a cause. f***ing disgrace, the lot of you.

:lol: The f***ing drama.

Give over man. Walking through the streets, big banners, trying to wipe out the Cockneys, trying to make people sign-up, propaganda.

It's Nazi f*cking Germany all over again.

:lol:  The f***ing drama.

Surely I didn't need the wink icon there man Gemmill. :lol:

:lol: I'm out of practice on here man. :razz:

Seriously though I think a lot of people are getting themselves way too worked up about this. 

Guest LucaAltieri

The first sign of trouble? There was a week of protests. He bought Newcastle as something to enjoy, to sit in the stands as a fan, and wasn't able to do so anymore (the other owners you mentioned are in it asa business venture). He might have upped and left a little too easily - I don't dispute that - but why were these people calling for him to piss off in the first place? It's just backwards. And this "keeping up the pressure" approach just leaves me baffled. What if the next owner makes an unpopular move? Nigerian Mafia Out? ... why were they protesting to get rid of Ashley & co? Surely if they wanted Keegan back they should have been protesting for that. It's just purely destructive the way everything has been handled. Mindless mindlessness.

You believe the PR he bought it to enjoy. He did not put all these people in high places for his "enjoyment", he put them there to run it as business. He is just like Sir John Hall another man of people who kidded us with his words. The keeping up pressure has me confused as well, he cant do much more than dispose of it as quick as he is doing as the banks wont be willing to loan mega money out to people/companies who want to buy NUFC.

His actions back it up. He turned up regularly to watch the game in the stands. When he couldn't do that anymore he called it a day. If it was purely a business matter then surely the best course of action was to hang on to the club, sign a decent manager (and there were a couple declaring interest publicly) and getting results to make money. The fact he's now decided to bail out when he's no longer enjoying it seem to back up the official line.

I'm not buying into the 2D panto villain Ashley's being painted out to be. He hasn't done everything right since he arrived, fair enough, but I still stand by the old rule:

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"Stupid" might not be the right word.... "Naive" is probably more accurate... but the point stands.

His actions back it up. He turned up regularly to watch the game in the stands. When he couldn't do that anymore he called it a day. If it was purely a business matter then surely the best course of action was to hang on to the club, sign a decent manager (and there were a couple declaring interest publicly) and getting results to make money. The fact he's now decided to bail out when he's no longer enjoying it seem to back up the official line.

Evey chairman/major shareholder we have had turned up regularly for games, although most don't sit surrounded by Newcaslte stewards in the away end. He called it day because he is weak.

Guest LucaAltieri

Evey chairman/major shareholder we have had turned up regularly for games, although most don't sit surrounded by Newcaslte stewards in the away end. He called it day because he is weak.

Well, that's something we'll never be able to confirm one way or the other. But if you're right then he's a rare breed of billionaire.

just post all meeting info on here. there's no reason not too if everyone is welcome at the meetings.

OK.

The main points:

Does NUSC join Supporters Direct, which can offer government funding. The problem being that Supporters Direct requires that groups who want funding aspire for representation on their club's board. There's still a bit of debate as to whether NUSC is to aspire to that or not. Nothing has been ruled out though.

Honorary Memeberships: Several names discussed. Some people unsure about awarding them to KK and Shearer as it might be something the media can have a go at us for. SBR to be awarded Membership no.1

An NUSC Bank account is to be set up

A secretary has been appointed as have people to undertake admin and extra press contacts.

Merchandising will be looked into, what sort of stuff would be feasible. There have been no decisions made as yet. It's at an exploring/researching stage.

What will membership fees be used for? At the minute, it's pretty much to get the thing up and running and for printing costs etc But it's going to be looked into how the money could be used, and what members can be offered in return. This will be displayed in the website.

Again, on going protests - more leaflets/newsletters, demos etc. The possibility of contacting sponsors at NUFC will be looked at to see if they (or at least some) will support us. Ashley's business management (which has been lambasted in business/econnomic circles) will be highlighted.

I should say that a lot of the stuff is looking at what could be done, and having people investigate further and report back their findings.

The club are in a relegation fight and all you people can talk about is merchandise, protests, and hobnobbing with Robson, Shearer and Keegan.

Some fucking priorities need sorting.

No one mentioned hob-nobbing with anyone, just simply awarding honorary memberships.

Merchandising (and we're not talking about anything major here probably just a couple of T-shirts and badges tbh) is a way of getting some money into the club (NUSC) coffers, and although discussed and being looked at is  very much a secondary issue.

Don't assume that we're not concentrating on the situation at SJP, of course we are.

Rebels without a cause. f***ing disgrace, the lot of you.

:lol: The f***ing drama.

Give over man. Walking through the streets, big banners, trying to wipe out the Cockneys, trying to make people sign-up, propaganda.

It's Nazi f*cking Germany all over again.

:lol:  The f***ing drama.

Surely I didn't need the wink icon there man Gemmill. :lol:

:lol: I'm out of practice on here man. :razz:

Seriously though I think a lot of people are getting themselves way too worked up about this. 

Like telling the owner "he better fucking not dare sit amongst us" perhaps?

Actually no you're right, thats not being a drama queen that being puerile, pathetic and embarrassing.

;)

No one mentioned hob-nobbing with anyone, just simply awarding honorary memberships.

Merchandising (and we're not talking about anything major here probably just a couple of T-shirts and badges tbh) is a way of getting some money into the club (NUSC) coffers, and although discussed and being looked at is  very much a secondary issue.

Don't assume that we're not concentrating on the situation at SJP, of course we are.

Keegan has played a major part in our current situation so why even consider him at this time when nobody knows what has happened?

Newcastle United supporters have announced plans to step up their opposition to Mike Ashley's tenure at St James' Park in spite of the owner's attempts to sell the club. A newly formed fans group will broaden its boycott of official Newcastle goods and is to write to sponsors and advertisers requesting that they end their relationship with Ashley's regime.

Joe Kinnear, the interim manager, said yesterday that the billionaire had informed him that all bids to buy Newcastle “have to be in by October 17. He said six consortiums are interested.” While that timeline is unconfirmed, Newcastle are unlikely to be sold until mid-November at the earliest.

The likelihood of Kinnear remaining far beyond the end of his contract, which runs until the end of this month before becoming a “rolling” deal, is strong, but Tynesiders would be less enamoured by Ashley's continued presence. The latest statement from the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) warned against complacency.

“NUSC would be delighted to discuss with any prospective buyer of good intention how we can work together,” the organisation said. “Mike Ashley is not acting quickly enough to end his disastrous relationship with our club. NUSC will soon be writing to the club's main sponsors and advertisers to request that they end their business relationship with a Mike Ashley-owned Newcastle United.

“If the nightmare scenario of an Ashley-owned Newcastle United continues to next summer, then we will organise a campaign amongst supporters to boycott any new kit and merchandise being sold by adidas.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4902866.ece

“If the nightmare scenario of an Ashley-owned Newcastle United continues to next summer, then we will organise a campaign amongst supporters to boycott any new kit and merchandise being sold by adidas.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4902866.ece

Knew it!!! The whole of NUSC is about Micky Martin/Jensen/Biffa flogging T-shirts.

What's the fucking point? As soon as Ashley sells up, we'd have no sponsor, no kit supplier, no food-sellers. The club would be even worse off. Fucking clueless some of these supporters.

Newcastle United supporters have announced plans to step up their opposition to Mike Ashley's tenure at St James' Park in spite of the owner's attempts to sell the club. A newly formed fans group will broaden its boycott of official Newcastle goods and is to write to sponsors and advertisers requesting that they end their relationship with Ashley's regime.

Joe Kinnear, the interim manager, said yesterday that the billionaire had informed him that all bids to buy Newcastle “have to be in by October 17. He said six consortiums are interested.” While that timeline is unconfirmed, Newcastle are unlikely to be sold until mid-November at the earliest.

The likelihood of Kinnear remaining far beyond the end of his contract, which runs until the end of this month before becoming a “rolling” deal, is strong, but Tynesiders would be less enamoured by Ashley's continued presence. The latest statement from the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) warned against complacency.

“NUSC would be delighted to discuss with any prospective buyer of good intention how we can work together,” the organisation said. “Mike Ashley is not acting quickly enough to end his disastrous relationship with our club. NUSC will soon be writing to the club's main sponsors and advertisers to request that they end their business relationship with a Mike Ashley-owned Newcastle United.

I'm sure any potential buyers of the club will be really encouraged to know they will be inheriting a militant organised support group who will actively discourage sponsors and advertisers if their demands aren't met.

I'm sure any potential buyers of the club will be really encouraged to know they will be inheriting a militant organised support group who will actively discourage sponsors and advertisers if their demands aren't met.

Spot on. Sitting in  the Leazes last game I was shocked to see a number of boxes not in use & quite a few with no names above them but in use, I am guessing they are ones sold on a match by match basis. Cheers to Big Al for taking a free one. Also the Directors box area had stacks of big money seats empty. Thank the lord Fred got NR sponsorship cash upfront or we could of been a West Ham playing with numbers on our chest & money not paid. Look at WBA they have no sponsor because sponsors are unwilling to pay the rate to nothing clubs they were paying.  So the last thing we need now in declining  marketplace is these militants spouting.

Of course once Mike sells the new owners can start charing for SportsDirect & ITAT logos all over SJP.

Spot on. Sitting in  the Leazes last game I was shocked to see a number of boxes not in use & quite a few with no names above them but in use, I am guessing they are ones sold on a match by match basis. Cheers to Big Al for taking a free one. Also the Directors box area had stacks of big money seats empty. Thank the lord Fred got NR sponsorship cash upfront or we could of been a West Ham playing with numbers on our chest & money not paid. Look at WBA they have no sponsor because sponsors are unwilling to pay the rate to nothing clubs they were paying.  So the last thing we need now in declining  marketplace is these militants spouting.

Of course once Mike sells the new owners can start charing for SportsDirect & ITAT logos all over SJP.

My problem with these fuckers is that I honestly think some of them would prefer the club to suffer as long as Ashley's forced to sell at a lower price, even at the risk of relegation. Like all useless tosspots, great at pointing to the problem, absolutely clueless in providing a solution.

What's the f***ing point? As soon as Ashley sells up, we'd have no sponsor, no kit supplier, no food-sellers. The club would be even worse off. f***ing clueless some of these supporters.

This, taking support completely the opposite way, ironically.

Problem is, they tasted a little bit of power, with forcing Ashley out. They like it, and now they want a bit more, regardless of the consequences.

The problem I see is that they're all thinking the same way and because they are surrounded by like minded people they will carry on doing the same thing.

I'm sure writing a few letters and sending off the odd harshly-worded email to advertisers won't really lead to anything anyway, to be fair.

They don't speak - or more importantly, act - on behalf of all NUFC fans. I know they want what is best for the club and I appreciate and respect that but I don't think they are going the right way about it.

Oh and how exactly do they know that Ashley is not being quick enough to sell us? Are they privy to what is going on behind the scenes?

I get the impression they'd be happy getting someone in now instead of waiting a bit longer and ending up with someone who is better for this football club. Just to get rid of Ashley. Their lack of logic is shocking and in all honesty they lack perspective, common sense, and realism.

The basic message is that he is not selling quick enough? He not only has to leave the club, never show his face on Tyneside again but he has to do it now?

Does realism not come into this?

Honorary Memeberships: Several names discussed. Some people unsure about awarding them to KK and Shearer as it might be something the media can have a go at us for. SBR to be awarded Membership no.1

I nominate Wolfie Smith, he had a black and white scarf and everything.

The basic message is that he is not selling quick enough? He not only has to leave the club, never show his face on Tyneside again but he has to do it now?

Like I said, pathetic.  They are so one tracked that it's unbelievable.

Like I said, pathetic.  They are so one tracked that it's unbelievable.

Indeed - I honestly get the impression that to them removing Ashley is more important than securing this club's long term future and ensuring it is left in the best and most capable hands. I also think they're over-reacting and way overdoing things. They are, as you say, utterly pathetic.