Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's so difficult to understand about the concept of joining this thing, having your say, and shaping what this supporters club is.  If you take the attitude "well that doesn't tally with my views so I'm not signing up", then you give it a very good chance of NEVER tallying with your views.

It's not f***ing rocket science lads. 

I think it's the way opinions are shaped before everyone is gets the chance to have a say.

I haven't had a reply from my attempt to sign up, and press releases and statements are being made on my behalf.

correct and correct. same reason I've served up my criticism towards the club when the press release was made

One question I'd like to ask them is what they intend to do about the city of Newcastle's horredous litter problem ?

At least MacDonalds, Idols etc pay local council taxes to help clear up their discarded rubbish.

Instead of posting your question here get yourself to the next meeting. As for the litter it is the people that chuck things on the ground that are the problem.

One question I'd like to ask them is what they intend to do about the city of Newcastle's horredous litter problem ?

At least MacDonalds, Idols etc pay local council taxes to help clear up their discarded rubbish.

Instead of posting your question here get yourself to the next meeting. As for the litter it is the people that chuck things on the ground that are the problem.

Let's be honest.

Benwell Lad has made a fair point, good point I think actually.

But if he went to a meeting and brought that up, how many do you think would take it seriously? Not many I doubt.

As some of you know, I attended the meeting at the Irish Club a few weeks ago.

Let me reiterate what I've already said. This is about creating something positive, a strong, representative voice for the supporters of NUFC. Recent events have acted as the catalyst, and right now that's what NUSC will focus on, because that's the problem that we have at the minute. But, as was quite clearly stated at the meeting, this is not intended a solely anti-Ashley pressure group. This is for the long term, for NUFC supporters, for good times and bad.

I've felt for a long time that we've needed a supporters club, so came away from the meeting happy that one was being set up and very pleased with what was said/discussed/outlined with regards to policies and the direction that NUSC is intended to go in.

I think the majority went, extremely f*cked off with the present situation (as probably 99% of NUFC fans are), but not entirely sure of what it was all about or what would be discussed. As I've already said, there was plenty opportunity for people to raise their points and many people did. The telling thing was that at this open meeting, there was no one who said this is a bad idea/I don't agree with this etc. Yes, it was called at short notice and that stopped people from attending, but even so, 300 went, which I think is pretty good, and I'd say that would be enough to represent most of the views held by NUFC fans.

I went straight round to the Back Page after the match and handed my tenner over.

I'd suggest anyone with any reservations should attend the next meeting. If you don't like it, fair enough, but at least come and find out.

What's so difficult to understand about the concept of joining this thing, having your say, and shaping what this supporters club is.  If you take the attitude "well that doesn't tally with my views so I'm not signing up", then you give it a very good chance of NEVER tallying with your views.

It's not fucking rocket science lads. 

I think it's the way opinions are shaped before everyone is gets the chance to have a say.

I haven't had a reply from my attempt to sign up, and press releases and statements are being made on my behalf.

This.

I think the press release is quite seriously flawed but to use that and shit like the Greggs thing to dismiss the entire notion is just an excuse for people who never wanted anything in the first place.

I went straight round to the Back Page after the match and handed my tenner over.

do you know what for yet?

A membership card, a bumper sticker and a signed birthday card off Biffa from .com apparently.

And a free pastie from Greggs and pint from the Irish Centre. (Joking before anyone starts)

A membership card, a bumper sticker and a signed birthday card off Biffa from .com apparently.

And a free pastie from Greggs and pint from the Irish Centre. (Joking before anyone starts)

The pastie and the pint wouldn't be free though. The profits would go towards the evil shareholders of Greggs and the Irish Bar instead of being ploughed back into the football club.  :tickedoff:

Guest toonlass

Really, from Biffa, really?  :frantic: Oh I might just sign up then!

Let's be honest.

Benwell Lad has made a fair point, good point I think actually.

But if he went to a meeting and brought that up, how many do you think would take it seriously? Not many I doubt.

You have been against this from the off, so of course Benwell Lad has made a good point from your point of view. As for litter it is the people that chuck it on the ground that are the problem.

As someone who has actually been to a meeting where some of the people who started this off have been at, you can disagree with what they say & fire your point of view across. They may not agree with you but thats life. My own view, I was not that keen on Mick Martin (True Faith), thought Biffa (NUFC.com) made good points at the meeting I was at. But fairplay to people who get off there arse & start something.

What a contrary prick you are. You must be the most vocal, know nowt armchair fan on the Internet.

Who is actually on the (interim?) committee of NUSC? Does anyone know?  ???

Had a look on the website but I couldn't find any names.

Biffa, Mick Martin, Mark Jensen, Malcolm Dix, Peasepud and a few others who seem to remain nameless.   :dontknow:

What a contrary prick you are. You must be the most vocal, know nowt armchair fan on the Internet.

Armchair fan?!

More than one person on here as borrowed my season ticket in the past, including Midds who I'm sure you know personally, although it's no shocker to see you talking shite.

Anymore ITK gossip btw? :lol:

The prick part still stands though amirite? I mean really do you not bore yourself trying to be contrary about everything? 

Sometimes I find it boring but knowing that I bother you so much will give me that extra push to keep at it in future.

The prick part still stands though amirite? I mean really do you not bore yourself trying to be contrary about everything? 

Sometimes I find it boring but knowing that I bother you so much will give me that extra push to keep at it in future.

That's good. To be honest though you aren't bright enough or funny enough to pull it off with any aplomb so you just come across as curmudgeonly and negative. If you think it bothers me you might up your game a bit though I suppose.

Let me reiterate what I've already said. This is about creating something positive, a strong, representative voice for the supporters of NUFC. Recent events have acted as the catalyst, and right now that's what NUSC will focus on, because that's the problem that we have at the minute. But, as was quite clearly stated at the meeting, this is not intended a solely anti-Ashley pressure group. This is for the long term, for NUFC supporters, for good times and bad.

I've felt for a long time that we've needed a supporters club, so came away from the meeting happy that one was being set up and very pleased with what was said/discussed/outlined with regards to policies and the direction that NUSC is intended to go in.

I think the majority went, extremely f*cked off with the present situation (as probably 99% of NUFC fans are), but not entirely sure of what it was all about or what would be discussed. As I've already said, there was plenty opportunity for people to raise their points and many people did. The telling thing was that at this open meeting, there was no one who said this is a bad idea/I don't agree with this etc. Yes, it was called at short notice and that stopped people from attending, but even so, 300 went, which I think is pretty good, and I'd say that would be enough to represent most of the views held by NUFC fans.

I'd suggest anyone with any reservations should attend the next meeting. If you don't like it, fair enough, but at least come and find out.

It does a pretty good impression of an anti-Ashley protest group, the only banners they seem to have purchased or constructed seem to carry the

anti Ashley/Wise/cockney mafia message.

I would say more than 99% of true Newcastle fans are f*cked off right now and go for 100%.

It's what we're f*cked off about that varies. Some are f*cked off because Keegan walked again and left the club rudderless. Some actually think that Ashley was good for the club and that Dennis Wise was not specifically recruited to single handedly destroy NUFC and all it stood for, but to recruit young talent.

Some find the insults being hurled at anyone from the south of England and mistakenly referred to as "cockneys" as distasteful and ignorant, but I don't think the NUSC will be representing their views at present.

I was actually a member of the Newcastle United Supporters Club in the late 60s and seventies, I went to away matches on their coaches and still have the badge.

They were great days despite the club and board being sh*t but we never managed to hound anyone out of town.

I suggest the first thing on the agenda for the new NUSC should be to campaign for The Magpie Club to be rebuilt. That would be a cause worth supporting.

It does a pretty good impression of an anti-Ashley protest group, the only banners they seem to have purchased or constructed seem to carry the

anti Ashley/Wise/cockney mafia message.

I would say more than 99% of true Newcastle fans are f*cked off right now and go for 100%.

It's what we're f*cked off about that varies. Some are f*cked off because Keegan walked again and left the club rudderless. Some actually think that Ashley was good for the club and that Dennis Wise was not specifically recruited to single handedly destroy NUFC and all it stood for, but to recruit young talent.

Some find the insults being hurled at anyone from the south of England and mistakenly referred to as "cockneys" as distasteful and ignorant, but I don't think the NUSC will be representing their views at present.

I was actually a member of the Newcastle United Supporters Club in the late 60s and seventies, I went to away matches on their coaches and still have the badge.

They were great days despite the club and board being sh*t but we never managed to hound anyone out of town.

I suggest the first thing on the agenda for the new NUSC should be to campaign for The Magpie Club to be rebuilt. That would be a cause worth supporting.

A good way to test your opinion might be to hold your own meeting, setting your own agenda and seeing how many people turn up. There are a significant number on here who have similar views.

i'm all for the supporters club, and fair play to those setting it up, at least they are trying to do soemthing about the club besides whinge on a messageboard and the likes.

but the banner yesterday was a fucking waster of time, and money.