Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As some of you know, I attended the meeting at the Irish Club a few weeks ago.

Let me reiterate what I've already said. This is about creating something positive, a strong, representative voice for the supporters of NUFC. Recent events have acted as the catalyst, and right now that's what NUSC will focus on, because that's the problem that we have at the minute. But, as was quite clearly stated at the meeting, this is not intended a solely anti-Ashley pressure group. This is for the long term, for NUFC supporters, for good times and bad.

I've felt for a long time that we've needed a supporters club, so came away from the meeting happy that one was being set up and very pleased with what was said/discussed/outlined with regards to policies and the direction that NUSC is intended to go in.

I think the majority went, extremely f*cked off with the present situation (as probably 99% of NUFC fans are), but not entirely sure of what it was all about or what would be discussed. As I've already said, there was plenty opportunity for people to raise their points and many people did. The telling thing was that at this open meeting, there was no one who said this is a bad idea/I don't agree with this etc. Yes, it was called at short notice and that stopped people from attending, but even so, 300 went, which I think is pretty good, and I'd say that would be enough to represent most of the views held by NUFC fans.

I went straight round to the Back Page after the match and handed my tenner over.

I'd suggest anyone with any reservations should attend the next meeting. If you don't like it, fair enough, but at least come and find out.

It does a pretty good impression of an anti-Ashley protest group, the only banners they seem to have purchased or constructed seem to carry the

anti Ashley/Wise/cockney mafia message.

I would say more than 99% of true Newcastle fans are f*cked off right now and go for 100%.

It's what we're f*cked off about that varies. Some are f*cked off because Keegan walked again and left the club rudderless. Some actually think that Ashley was good for the club and that Dennis Wise was not specifically recruited to single handedly destroy NUFC and all it stood for, but to recruit young talent.

Some find the insults being hurled at anyone from the south of England and mistakenly referred to as "cockneys" as distasteful and ignorant, but I don't think the NUSC will be representing their views at present.

I was actually a member of the Newcastle United Supporters Club in the late 60s and seventies, I went to away matches on their coaches and still have the badge.

They were great days despite the club and board being sh*t but we never managed to hound anyone out of town.

I suggest the first thing on the agenda for the new NUSC should be to campaign for The Magpie Club to be rebuilt. That would be a cause worth supporting.

A good way to test your opinion might be to hold your own meeting, setting your own agenda and seeing how many people turn up. There are a significant number on here who have similar views.

May be a good idea, but 2 groups ??

Perhaps the NUSC would do better to represent ALL supporters views and provide a balanced forum rather than the anti Ashley agenda they so obviously believe in.

NUFC.com should also do itself a favour as well and get back to the football reporting they do so well.

They always assume a high moral stance about how they will not relay opinions and protests from web forums, but presently they are using their site for anti-Ashley drivel which would be better off posted in one of the forums they claim to despise !

Let me reiterate what I've already said. This is about creating something positive, a strong, representative voice for the supporters of NUFC. Recent events have acted as the catalyst, and right now that's what NUSC will focus on, because that's the problem that we have at the minute. But, as was quite clearly stated at the meeting, this is not intended a solely anti-Ashley pressure group. This is for the long term, for NUFC supporters, for good times and bad.

I've felt for a long time that we've needed a supporters club, so came away from the meeting happy that one was being set up and very pleased with what was said/discussed/outlined with regards to policies and the direction that NUSC is intended to go in.

I think the majority went, extremely f*cked off with the present situation (as probably 99% of NUFC fans are), but not entirely sure of what it was all about or what would be discussed. As I've already said, there was plenty opportunity for people to raise their points and many people did. The telling thing was that at this open meeting, there was no one who said this is a bad idea/I don't agree with this etc. Yes, it was called at short notice and that stopped people from attending, but even so, 300 went, which I think is pretty good, and I'd say that would be enough to represent most of the views held by NUFC fans.

I went straight round to the Back Page after the match and handed my tenner over.

I'd suggest anyone with any reservations should attend the next meeting. If you don't like it, fair enough, but at least come and find out.

It does a pretty good impression of an anti-Ashley protest group, the only banners they seem to have purchased or constructed seem to carry the

I would say more than 99% of true Newcastle fans are f*cked off right now and go for 100%.

It's what we're f*cked off about that varies. Some are f*cked off because Keegan walked again and left the club rudderless. Some actually think that Ashley was good for the club and that Dennis Wise was not specifically recruited to single handedly destroy NUFC and all it stood for, but to recruit young talent.

Some find the insults being hurled at anyone from the south of England and mistakenly referred to as "cockneys" as distasteful and ignorant, but I don't think the NUSC will be representing their views at present.

I was actually a member of the Newcastle United Supporters Club in the late 60s and seventies, I went to away matches on their coaches and still have the badge.

They were great days despite the club and board being sh*t but we never managed to hound anyone out of town.

I suggest the first thing on the agenda for the new NUSC should be to campaign for The Magpie Club to be rebuilt. That would be a cause worth supporting.

A good way to test your opinion might be to hold your own meeting, setting your own agenda and seeing how many people turn up. There are a significant number on here who have similar views.

Perhaps the NUSC would do better to represent ALL supporters views and provide a balanced forum rather than the anti Ashley agenda they so obviously believe in.

NUFC.com should also do itself a favour as well and get back to the football reporting they do so well.

They always assume a high moral stance about how they will not relay opinions and protests from web forums, but presently they are using their site for anti-Ashley drivel which would be better off posted in one of the forums they claim to despise !

NUSC are anti Ashley. NUFC.COM are anti-Ashley. Your only upset because your not anti-Ashley.

The leaflet should have stayed away from all opinions for the time being. How can you say as a group you represent the fans then print opinions based on a hand full of fans. They should have just stuck their press statement about the group and asking for the money and let that be that, the rest spoilt it.

Is it true as I've heard that people were being booed for getting a pie or a pint yesterday? If so that's a bit sad, I mean spend your money how you like, but it's individual choice, we're not a union. I just don't buy them as it's over-priced shite.

Guest The Libertine

Did we ever find out what the money was for anyway?

To setup the merchandising network to rival the clubs official clobber.

and greggs and the irish bar will be doing the groups "official" food and drink?

NUSC are anti Ashley. NUFC.COM are anti-Ashley. Your only upset because your not anti-Ashley.

Therefore the new NUSC do not represent me nor many other long standing Newcastle supporters.

They should drop any claims that they represent Newcastle United supporters and merely say they represent a section of Newcastle fans who are anti-Ashley.

They spend their money producing propaganda to support their cause ( pie boycotts and the like ) and litter the streets of my city.

Therefore the new NUSC do not represent me nor many other long standing Newcastle supporters.

They should drop any claims that they represent Newcastle United supporters and merely say they represent a section of Newcastle fans who are anti-Ashley.

The Ashley debate will be over in the next month or so (hopefully) - the fact that this shitstorm has made people organise should be the thing that matters so that in the future their can be some kind of common voice - I do think they shouldn't have even mentioned this issue in their press release but understand the desire to get people on their side.

It's the big picture/future that matters.

As for robbing the club of money thats BS as well - having everything ran by or tied to the club takes away the whole point - independence.

The Ashley debate will be over in the next month or so (hopefully) - the fact that this shitstorm has made people organise should be the thing that matters so that in the future their can be some kind of common voice - I do think they shouldn't have even mentioned this issue in their press release but understand the desire to get people on their side.

As for robbing the club of money thats BS as well - having everything ran by or tied to the club takes away the whole point - independence.

For some people the Sheppard/Hall debate hasn't ended, so I doubt it.

For some people the Sheppard/Hall debate hasn't ended, so I doubt it.

the ashley thing is all a shepherd created front to make people forget about little craigie bellamy.

Not sure what you mean in that last bit NJS. It's not like there's no other places you can get un-official NUFC clothing, etc. I personally only buy the home shirt from the actual club, so that's about £40 every 2 years I spend, other than going to the match when I can afford it. Pretty much every thing else I get related to NUFC, whether it be Birthday, Xmas presents, etc. come from the Back Page anyway.

I just think buy it or don't buy it, I doubt a few grand on match day will make any difference anyway, except symbolically. If you feel you must do it, maybe give the money you would have spent to a worthy cause of your choice.

Or piss it up a wall, whatever.

Just don't give it to NUSC.

Not sure what you mean in that last bit NJS. It's not like there's no other places you can get un-official NUFC clothing, etc. I personally only buy the home shirt from the actual club, so that's about £40 every 2 years I spend, other than going to the match when I can afford it. Pretty much every thing else I get related to NUFC, whether it be Birthday, Xmas presents, etc. come from the Back Page anyway.

I'm not sure whether they'll even be doing any merchandise or whether that was a swipe from someone above - I was just saying that the idea of somehow doing the club out of money by buying a t-shirt or badge seemed pretty petty.

When I first started going away I used to go with the original supporters club for a couple of years and that organisation was pretty amateurish but very well intentioned in providing its service. The club in the person of that cunt Fletcher killed it and I would hate to see a cozy relationship with this new organisation like when Shepherd tried a liaison committee a few years ago.

In my opinion the organisation should be mainly a watchdog to keep whoever the owner is in check - even if we ruled the world Man U style there would still be room for a dissenting voice as I can't imagine things ever being "perfect" even if the club was successful.

Did we ever find out what the money was for anyway?

To setup the merchandising network to rival the clubs official clobber.

So, pretty much, trying to tie your hands into buying it's own gear, because you'd not pay £10 and then not buy what you're helping to set up.

Yeah thats its......

Also, in two months time, the chances are Ashley won't even be here, so this could be damaging future income for whoever takes over.

Great idea.

The new owners will have to clamp down on this zAnEy bunch selling there t-shirts, pencils, badags & whatever else. I wonder if someone can let Chris Nathaniel (NVA Management) know so they factor this loss of earnings into there forecast of revenue for the cub. Can a London Mag let a South African barman know that Biffa could be selling 20 or more t-shirts the message must passed onto there leaders before they put the bid into Seymour Pierce. Newcastle Fan let the billionaires in your neck of the woods know NUSC is a front for unofficial Newcastle United gear. Well O Nut I think we may have let all potential buyers know of the dastardly plan.