Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, do you have to pay to be a member of the NUSC. I would like to get involved but not massively...

Not sure but they got to be gutted nusc.com & nusc.co.uk are both gone.

Are they?

What happened like?

Guest Geordiesned

So, do you have to pay to be a member of the NUSC. I would like to get involved but not massively...

Not sure but they got to be gutted nusc.com & nusc.co.uk are both gone.

..and nusc.org

Can I ask why?

Just think it's a good idea to have one United group who can channel the voices of each fan the right way.

Obviously each individuals own opinions won't always be the general consensus of the group, but I think in a lot of circumstances certain opinions will be heavily backed, and by having a respectable group, with mature, sensible members at the top of the hierarchy I think it will be extremely effective.

Guest LucaAltieri

Can I ask why?

Just think it's a good idea to have one United group who can channel the voices of each fan the right way.

Obviously each individuals own opinions won't always be the general consensus of the group, but I think in a lot of circumstances certain opinions will be heavily backed, and by having a respectable group, with mature, sensible members at the top of the hierarchy I think it will be extremely effective.

Well, to start with I disagree with that as a description of the group. Thus far they haven't shown themselves to be any of those things.

Anyway, letting that slide...

Why is this group even necessary... ever?

A bit like here really, a place where Newcastle United fans can meet & chew the fat about topics regarding Newcastle United. Of course it is a big step for some of us to put down our keyboards & go into a pub/club & tell some fucker how it is about Newcastle United.

A bit like here really, a place where Newcastle United fans can meet & chew the fat about topics regarding Newcastle United. Of course it is a big step for some of us to put down our keyboards & go into a pub/club & tell some fucker how it is about Newcastle United.

If that is all it is intended to be then was there any need to call it the Newcastle United Supporters Club?

Doesn't matter who likes it or not, at the present time a group with a name like that will be seen to be a strong supported movement who represent the fans, like the group who got FC United formed in Manchester

Can I ask why?

Well, to start with I disagree with that as a description of the group. Thus far they haven't shown themselves to be any of those things.

Anyway, letting that slide...

I'm uncertain/unaware of anything to do with the group, I was just saying I think it's quite a good idea to have one thing which all Newcastle fans can use to voice their opinions. I think there are plenty of situations where if Newcastles fans could actually unite they could be even stronger. At the moment their are quite a few individual groups who get their input, some to a lesser degree than others.

For example you have nufc.com, True Faith and The Mag who all seem to lead the way in terms of communicating with the club and the fans. Everyone looks to them to channel their thoughts and views.

To a lesser extent you have Newcastle Online which has a vast amount of members and a huge variation of opinions and views, but never gives a public statement if you liek of what the general consensus is ont he forums.

You obviously have various other forums which do a similar job, but offer a different form of entertainment to it's members. Not sure but I have heard skunkers and a few others mentioned before, for me I go on here and the final one I was about to mention....

Toon Ultras, it's the forum I spend most of my internet time on as well as on here now. I think especially in these times - not as muh with the Ashley saga, but more so the financial and educational commitments it's hard for a lot of people off our site to get to games and stuff. Therefore they are losing interest, obviously the shite we are in doesn't help either. Toon Ultras are far from the finished article and are far different from any of the groups previously mentioned. Not only in their views but also by their ambitions and the core age group. That's why many are struggling to come to terms with what we want to achieve and what we believe in.

As a result for me I think by having a main supporters group which we can all have an input in, it will prove beneficial to everyone. Just because sometimes I feel like it's a running battle for who has the last say or the strongest argument, and I for one would love to see Toon Ultras/Bring Back The Noise to grow into something more respectable with older and mature members who can help to progress the levels of support in the ground.

I feel it's about time we had an outlet, where we can all get involved in deciding anything from who is on the board to who will throw the streamers when the players come out.

It's just about time we United and got a bit of faith and enjoyment back in supporting our club.

AND I'VE JUST BABBLED FOR A BIT.  :lol: O0

I know what i'm getting at, just not saying it the best way as usual.

If that is all it is intended to be then was there any need to call it the Newcastle United Supporters Club?

I have had a think about this I reckon it could be that the members of this group or as some would say CLUB are supporters of Newcastle United.

Frankie G has already dabbs on NUISA.

Guest LucaAltieri

Surely we already have a banner to unite behind? ...I don't see the need for another. Those people don't speak for me and I resent the fact they claim to.

Surely we already have a banner to unite behind? ...I don't see the need for another. Those people don't speak for me and I resent the fact they claim to.

I can see where you're coming from like...I'm not massively for a massively for it, just think it could be decent if ran correctly.

Guest LucaAltieri

Those people don't speak for me and I resent the fact they claim to.

BINGO!!! They will speak for NEWCASTLE UNITED SUPPORTERS CLUB & as you wont be a member like me, they wont be speaking for us will they.

But I'm a Newcastle United Supporter... it's implied.

Those people don't speak for me and I resent the fact they claim to.

BINGO!!! They will speak for NEWCASTLE UNITED SUPPORTERS CLUB & as you wont be a member like me, they wont be speaking for us will they.

But I'm a Newcastle United Supporter... it's implied.

If thats how you see it, I cant really  help you with that. I see myself as a Newcastle United Supporter, I see this lot as the Newcastle United Supporters Club & I have figured it out they will speak for there members. Of course the media in future will quote this group as being the voice of the fans but thats life.

I was at the meeting tonight. A lot of things regarding the direction of the group are still being ironed out.

I know a few people here have voiced their thoughts on NUSC being only or too anti-Ashley. That was mentioned and we came to the conclusion that as Ashley is the biggest problem we face at the minute it has to be focussed on right now. But the intention is very much for the long term, and to (hopefully) work with the club in the future.

A lot of things were discussed and it feels like things are moving forward.

I was at the meeting tonight. A lot of things regarding the direction of the group are still being ironed out.

I know a few people here have voiced their thoughts on NUSC being only or too anti-Ashley. That was mentioned and we came to the conclusion that as Ashley is the biggest problem we face at the minute it has to be focussed on right now. But the intention is very much for the long term, and to (hopefully) work with the club in the future.

And what are you proposing to do about the biggest problem at the club? Considering he's on his way out...

And what are you proposing to do about the biggest problem at the club? Considering he's on his way out...

.............. to be replaced by a bigger problem no doubt.

The pie boycotters have taken over the asylum.

The problem is we don't know that he is on the way out, or at least when.

Until he's actually out, the pressure has to be kept on him.

We talked about stepping up protests, leaflets, boycotts etc.

Well there's a surprise.

Was tonight's meeting announced anywhere?  ???

I asked that. :pow:

Just can't remember reading about it on here, how are people meant to turn up and give their views at such short notice, if there was any at all?

Was tonight's meeting announced anywhere?  ???

I asked that. :pow:

Just can't remember reading about it on here, how are people meant to turn up and give their views at such short notice, if there was any at all?

In a nutshell.