Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

I'll wait and see how it goes before joining up.

I think everyone should at least sign up and show their support at this early stage. It doesn't stand for anything yet and you can only make what you want of it by getting involved. There's no cost to put your name down on the list, so you've got bugger all to lose.

I'm not involved behind the scenes, I just think it's the best chance the sensible supporters have had in a long time to finally get their voice heard.

Thank you.

As for boycotting the Spurs game, the view of the NUSC is that we should wherever possible support the team therefore we go to the game but boycott every other form of money to the club. This however may change in coming weeks if those that have signed up make it clear thats not what they want. Nothing is set in stone, all we have at the moment is the views of random people on websites and emails to nufc.com, themag and true faith. We have tried to collate these into some form of concensus of opinion but its not that easy at times.

As someone who thought wrightly or wrongly the current board were taking the piss with there renew for year & pay more or same price for 3 years idea, feels is making point by going to the Spurs game. Because I believe if after all the s**** from various people/media that has been dumped on Newcastle United & its fans, if we got a gate of 40K+ (LOVE IT TO BE 50K+) for the Spurs game it would show the world we really are great fans.

BACK THE TEAM!

Remember when we were getting humped by Man United when the Mancs scored the 5th & most of the ground started singing because we were past the pain barrier & all we had left was solidarity & support for the team. I think we are at that point now, so if you have got the cash get on down to SJP & lets us show the rest of  the country what we are about. IF YOU CAN!!

Couldn't agree more.

I'd rather be in than out. I don't have a problem being part of something or a member of a group that from time to time may not share my ideas or I may not always agree with. By being a member I can at least voice my objection to this or that or maybe even promote an idea of mine or whatever. I can understand why people are weary though and why those who haven't taken sides don't like how the supporters club have taken sides but get yourself signed up and get along to a meeting, tell them your views, this is what its all about or I hope it is anyway and my god we need such a platform. I personally think it could be the best thing to happen to us fans in a long long time.

What the rambling fucker said ;)

I'd rather be in than out. I don't have a problem being part of something or a member of a group that from time to time may not share my ideas or I may not always agree with. By being a member I can at least voice my objection to this or that or maybe even promote an idea of mine or whatever. I can understand why people are weary though and why those who haven't taken sides don't like how the supporters club have taken sides but get yourself signed up and get along to a meeting, tell them your views, this is what its all about or I hope it is anyway and my god we need such a platform. I personally think it could be the best thing to happen to us fans in a long long time.

:clap: :clap:

So there was a public meeting, then a further meeting to elect the commitee, who are they ????

The people on the interim committee are some of the lads and lasses who attended the initial metting last tuesday.  I signed up when i was there but when it came to sign up on the night they gave you the option to sign up to be a member, which me and a couple of mates did or sign up with the intention to want an active role as in be on the committee.  Obviously the ones who wanted a more involved role in getting it up and running met again on Thursday.

Got to say thought the interview on Radio Newcastle was excellent and now lets hope we get plenty of fans signing up and joining, then we can start electing proper committees, chairmen etc and get a strong united group ready to give the fans of NUFC a common voice.  Like someone said on Tuesday this is a chance to start and build the biggest and best supporters club in the world!!!

I know there's a few people making comments about taking sides but to be fair, without wanting to speak for other fans i think its fair to say that the majority of supporters are against Ashley with regard to the decisions that our owner has made recently with the running of our football club.

The people on the interim committee are some of the lads and lasses who attended the initial metting last tuesday.  I signed up when i was there but when it came to sign up on the night they gave you the option to sign up to be a member, which me and a couple of mates did or sign up with the intention to want an active role as in be on the committee.  Obviously the ones who wanted a more involved role in getting it up and running met again on Thursday.

Got to say thought the interview on Radio Newcastle was excellent and now lets hope we get plenty of fans signing up and joining, then we can start electing proper committees, chairmen etc and get a strong united group ready to give the fans of NUFC a common voice.  Like someone said on Tuesday this is a chance to start and build the biggest and best supporters club in the world!!!

Why are the committee members nameless?

Why are the committee members nameless?

Because nobody has had the time to pull a list together and promote it on a website. When I do get a spare 30 seconds though I'll be sure to make it my top priority. But in the spirit of things I can name a few people on there, myself (Peter Whitfield), Mark Jensen (from the Mag), Michael Martin (True Faith), Biffa (nufc.com), Malcolm Dix (ex Magpie group) and Michael Ord (he of the Radio interview), Colin Whittle (Save our Seats) and more.

No N-O representative? I'm out!

I vote James if you decide to have one.

emmmm dont take this the wrong way, but why should there be? Im not on there because someone said "we need a representative from toontastic" Im there because I went to the meeting and put my name forward saying I was willing to give my time up, something a couple of other websites/ fanzines did but (as far as Im aware) nobody from the admin or mod side of here went to represent the place (if they did then my apologies but I didnt see you).

At the same time there was no mandate to say they had to, it was purely down to choice, I went because it was something I felt strongly about personally and at the same time felt that the board should have some form of representation there to give its support to the thing and to report it back for those who were physically unable to get there.

I know that Tom_Nufc from here went and I believe Binnsy indicated he was also going but that doesnt (in my opinion) form a right to have representation automatically given. In fact to be honest once this is up and running no fanzine, website or forum will be able to say they represent their members views because they shouldnt need to and cant do. I can quite easily turn round as I did on Thursday and say that as far as I can see the opinion of toontastic is x, y or z however Im more that happy to also point out that its a false view of the overall fanbase.

If we put an identical poll on here, TT, skunkers, ToonUltras and F365 I can guarantee you that we will get different answers from each, thats down to a couple of factors, mainly though it is that different board attract different types of people. We all know and joke about the differences between here and TT but its true and both this thread and the one announcing the meeting show this perfectly. On TT both have been accepted with a general air of it being a good thing, here appears to have more of an element that actually dont want to see this happening. That is fair enough, its personal choice whether to be a member of things like this and Im never going to tell me people they have to join and theyre "scabs" if they dont.

I've thought long and hard about a post to put on here as I dont want it to be seen as me saying "bloody N-O not agreeing" or as if Im saying that N-O should not have a voice because Im involved. The day Keegan left I wrote to as many websites, fanzines and forums as I could think of to try and get a collective view on what protest action (if any) we should be taking. The first place I looked for a contact was this place. At the end of the day we all are Newcastle fans, we all have one simple common aim, to see the team succeed but I and a lot of others do believe that at this moment its way more than that, we are now desperate to ensure it survives before we can even imagine success on the pitch.

The simple view is, if you want a voice for the people of N-O then sign up and make your voice heard. The committee thats in place now is a temporary one, we are simply there to get this up and running. Once we have a real backing from the fans then there will be a proper structure in place and elections held to put in who people think will actually run this properly. You can only have say in those things if you sign up and you can only attempt to make a difference if you make your voice heard with others.

No N-O representative? I'm out!

I vote James if you decide to have one.

emmmm dont take this the wrong way, but why should there be? Im not on there because someone said "we need a representative from toontastic" Im there because I went to the meeting and put my name forward saying I was willing to give my time up, something a couple of other websites/ fanzines did but (as far as Im aware) nobody from the admin or mod side of here went to represent the place (if they did then my apologies but I didnt see you).

At the same time there was no mandate to say they had to, it was purely down to choice, I went because it was something I felt strongly about personally and at the same time felt that the board should have some form of representation there to give its support to the thing and to report it back for those who were physically unable to get there.

I know that Tom_Nufc from here went and I believe Binnsy indicated he was also going but that doesnt (in my opinion) form a right to have representation automatically given. In fact to be honest once this is up and running no fanzine, website or forum will be able to say they represent their members views because they shouldnt need to and cant do. I can quite easily turn round as I did on Thursday and say that as far as I can see the opinion of toontastic is x, y or z however Im more that happy to also point out that its a false view of the overall fanbase.

If we put an identical poll on here, TT, skunkers, ToonUltras and F365 I can guarantee you that we will get different answers from each, thats down to a couple of factors, mainly though it is that different board attract different types of people. We all know and joke about the differences between here and TT but its true and both this thread and the one announcing the meeting show this perfectly. On TT both have been accepted with a general air of it being a good thing, here appears to have more of an element that actually dont want to see this happening. That is fair enough, its personal choice whether to be a member of things like this and Im never going to tell me people they have to join and theyre "scabs" if they dont.

I've thought long and hard about a post to put on here as I dont want it to be seen as me saying "bloody N-O not agreeing" or as if Im saying that N-O should not have a voice because Im involved. The day Keegan left I wrote to as many websites, fanzines and forums as I could think of to try and get a collective view on what protest action (if any) we should be taking. The first place I looked for a contact was this place. At the end of the day we all are Newcastle fans, we all have one simple common aim, to see the team succeed but I and a lot of others do believe that at this moment its way more than that, we are now desperate to ensure it survives before we can even imagine success on the pitch.

The simple view is, if you want a voice for the people of N-O then sign up and make your voice heard. The committee thats in place now is a temporary one, we are simply there to get this up and running. Once we have a real backing from the fans then there will be a proper structure in place and elections held to put in who people think will actually run this properly. You can only have say in those things if you sign up and you can only attempt to make a difference if you make your voice heard with others.

Well, the next time we have a Hitzfeld campaign, you're not allowed to know about it. So there :huff:

The way things have been done make it looks more like a Russian political party than a supporters club.  Rush a meeting to get a limited number of attendees then set another rushed meeting to form a self appointed committee, it just looks like a method for some self publicity to me.  The fact that it still seems to be based around protest and action doesn't help either.

The protests have been done and they have brought a reaction from Ashley, more protests are way over the top but no doubt the committee will get what they want now that they can claim to speak for so many.  Will you be doing a website pretending to be from the media to get an interview with somebody from the club?

Sounds like a bunch of people already deciding they're in charge before most supporters have signed up.

but that doesnt (in my opinion) form a right to have representation automatically given.

Sounds ominous.

The speed which everything has been done does suggest that it's more about egos than anything else.

Guest Geordiesned

What the rambling fucker said ;)

First bit of sense he's talked for a while the shark loving freak. ;)

Sounds like a bunch of people already deciding they're in charge before most supporters have signed up.

but that doesnt (in my opinion) form a right to have representation automatically given.

Sounds ominous.

The speed which everything has been done does suggest that it's more about egos than anything else.

Uh-oh

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ent6s4.jpg

Sounds ominous.

Uh-oh

Harsh

Sounds ominous.

Uh-oh

Harsh

:lol:

Sounds ominous.

Uh-oh

Harsh

:lol:

tbh, I laughed. Would like to hear more from the interim committee about what's happening, if I have enough time I'd certainly offer to be involved