Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

its nothing to do with Keegan walking out. Its because they don't support their manager and they are amateurs, and they are also taking the club back to "your good old days" ie, where the Halls and Shepherd found them.

Slightly unreal that people like you and macbeth etc were slating the only board who gave you a club attempting to compete with the other top clubs in 50 years, saying they were overspending and "doing a Leeds" when we are now "doing a Leeds" due to underinvestment on quality players ?

You'll still defend it though. Hope you enjoyed those days competing at the top end, because under this regime, its over. You don't reply to where I said this earlier, predictably. But its true, and THAT is why we want them out, nothing to do with Keegan, who has just exposed them for the rank amateurs that they are.

You don't realise this do you ? Because you haven't really got a clue what those days were  :idiot2:

You've got "doing a Leeds" quoted twice, why is that?

For fucks sake let's not ruin YET ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD with the SAME FUCKING ARGUMENTS between the SAME FUCKING PEOPLE about the OLD FUCKING BOARD.

This thread is about the NUSC.

Exactly. This would never have happened under the old board.

For fucks sake let's not ruin YET ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD with the SAME FUCKING ARGUMENTS between the SAME FUCKING PEOPLE about the OLD FUCKING BOARD.

This thread is about the NUSC.

Exactly. This would never have happened under the old board.

:lol:

*sigh*

its nothing to do with Keegan walking out. Its because they don't support their manager and they are amateurs, and they are also taking the club back to "your good old days" ie, where the Halls and Shepherd found them.

Slightly unreal that people like you and macbeth etc were slating the only board who gave you a club attempting to compete with the other top clubs in 50 years, saying they were overspending and "doing a Leeds" when we are now "doing a Leeds" due to underinvestment on quality players ?

You'll still defend it though. Hope you enjoyed those days competing at the top end, because under this regime, its over. You don't reply to where I said this earlier, predictably. But its true, and THAT is why we want them out, nothing to do with Keegan, who has just exposed them for the rank amateurs that they are.

You don't realise this do you ? Because you haven't really got a clue what those days were  :idiot2:

You've got "doing a Leeds" quoted twice, why is that?

its because I don;t believe you have any idea at all about the club pre-1992, before the Halls and Shepherd saved us, now that we are heading back there after they have left.

Oh, I thought you had replied to my post there, and wanted to tell us all about those good old days of yours.

its because I don;t believe you have any idea at all about the club pre-1992, before the Halls and Shepherd saved us, now that we are heading back there after they have left.

Oh, I thought you had replied to my post there, and wanted to tell us all about those good old days of yours.

Thanks, so the quotes were plucked out of fresh air.  bluelaugh.gif

Thanks, so the quotes were plucked out of fresh air.   bluelaugh.gif

looking forward to the good old days of relegation again then are you ?

:nope:

We are clearly at crossed wires here because I cant see what relevance those questions have to the debate. You know that I, or you or anyone else here cannot honestly answer them with fact. My disagreement (and I may even have got it lost as to who Im disagreeing with so apologies if I have) is with those that:

1) argue its a waste of time joining because its already been decided,

2) those that are saying that it shouldn't have been set up off the back of the 250 at the first meeting, what else could have been done?

3) The poster on here who blamed the SC founders for the current state of the club.

So heres my side of things.

We have set up a Supporters Club (which Im now going to refer to as SC because it gets confusing!),  the SC has been set up following the current problems at the actual Club (for clarity Im going to refer to as NUFC).

True Faith and the Mag announced on Monday that there would be a meeting to discuss the idea which would take place at the Irish Club the following evening, this announcement was made on numerous websites and in the Chronicle. The reasons TF and Mag decided to do this was due to the high number of emails they had received asking for direction in how to go about getting changes and protesting. It was then verified by Biffa that nufc.com had also received around 4k mails on the same subject.

That meeting took place and approx 250 people turned up, the first thing that was made clear was that this was not just a protest meeting or group but the formation of a full scale proper Supporters Club which would be relevant at all times.

It was clear at this meeting that nobody argued anything other than the fact they could only see things getting worse until Ashley sold the club (something he himself had already said). Now if people had stood up at that meeting and argued differently then maybe things wouldn't be put as they were in the later statement but nobody did (and when I say nobody I mean nobody).

At the meeting they asked for names of people who were interested in helping out or could offer specific skills. Thats where the 20 of us that are now setting it up came from. Again, I reiterate this is not the actual committee, its merely an interim one to get it up and running, to get the mechanisms in place to enable fans to join etc. Once that has taken place and we have our required number of people then there will be proper elections to decide who takes it forward.

At the second meeting the statement was written and then issued to the Chronicle, I went away and put together the very basic site that appeared on Friday lunchtime to coincide with the press release.

And thats where we are at now, but to argue that I feel this way and wont listen to anyone else in this is wrong. My views on how the website (which is what Im responsible for) should take shape have been clear from the start. I don't want this SC representing the views of the few I want it to be showing what the majority of fans want regardless if thats in total disagreement with my own views.

Thats why I am spending my time developing the site to incorporate a members area that will contain a number of questions that members can change their answer to daily if they want. This will allow us to gauge the views of the fans on an upto date basis without having them skewed by other factors. I meant what I said earlier, put a poll on 5 different internet forums and you'll get varying degrees of answers. Put that same poll in one central place where they all go and as long as you have a good cross section of members then you'll get a more realistic answer.

These questions haven't been decided on or thought out yet but I would be determined that they will not have hidden meaning or be in any way ambiguous. They would be things such as "Do you think that the club is being ran well?", "Would you prefer an alternative owner to Mike Ashley?" "Do you agree with the stance the SC is taking?" that sort of thing. Again, these would not be my questions they would be agreed by many beforehand. They would also not be exclusive, there would be regular additional questions added as needed. Maybe a separate area for other stuff to be voted on etc.

These questions would then allow the SC spokesperson to have upto date facts when in interviews etc as to how the NUFC fans are thinking. Being able to sit in an interview and say "well 92% of fans think that Ashley should go" is way better than the current position of one bloke who runs a fanzine saying what he thinks. To then be able to goto the weekly/ monthly/ quarterly/ whateverly meeting of the SC and say "well hold on, in the last week its dropped from 92 to 77% wanting him out somethings changing" would be a fantastic tool to shape how the SC goes forward.

Again, if you argue that this wouldn't be representative of the fans then how? sign up and you can put whatever answers you want to those questions. I can guarantee you one thing though, have the view that its no good signing up because they've already decided and its different to your view will get you nowhere. You can only have a chance of changing things if you put your vote forward.

You can have whatever personal views of me as you want, water off a ducks back frankly and I agree that I deserve half of them but when it comes to this I'm straight down the line with it, I've never felt so strongly about taking something forward as I do on this. One thing I wont be doing though is going forward for any kind of position in the elections. I'm not looking for an ego stroke or the likes, I'm doing something I believe in. The day the SC goes against what the majority of fans think though will be the day I stop having any involvement in it (and I will publicly let that be known).

Am I missing a trick here or is it just you who cant read? check 18 posts prior to the one I quote then feel free to apologise.

Yes you are missing a trick, I've seen your posts on your forum, post 101 in "Press Release & radio Newcastle interview 4.10 today, Newcastle United Supporters Club."  If you've got anything to say about what people say on here then say it here where those you talk about can see it.

That would be this one then....

I'm sure the majority are on a wind-up. They can't see Ashley for what he is after he's shown his true colours.

He's virtually came out and said "Ok you got me, I'll go as soon as I get the windfall which is the entire reason I bought the club."

I would like to believe thats true but I have to say that I honestly think these people are serious.

Maybe its an age thing? without wanting to push the whole "kids over there" bit its a fair assumption that the average age is lower than a lot of other forums. Maybe they arent as used to the whole disappointment thing, maybe they have a naive belief that all will be well.

It confuses me it really does. If I was seeing the same things elsewhere I would understand it but we dont. Ive been on dozens of message boards in the last 24 hours shamelessly plugging the Supporters Club (did I mention it here? ;) ) and while there Ive taken in any posts that look interesting but Ive not seen anything in the way of the apathy or (whats the opposite of dissent?) thats over there.

Maybe we're the ones in the wrong and these lads are forward thinkers?

Jesus, I take back most of what I said earlier.  If you want to be taken remotely seriously then you want to avoid making comments like that on public forums.

Having a voice to represent the supporters is all well and good, but it's not much use when one of the people on the interim committee, however temporary, effectively says that all young supporters opinions are somehow less valid.  Does Ashley do your PR?

We are clearly at crossed wires here because I cant see what relevance those questions have to the debate. You know that I, or you or anyone else here cannot honestly answer them with fact. My disagreement (and I may even have got it lost as to who Im disagreeing with so apologies if I have) is with those that:

2) those that are saying that it shouldn't have been set up off the back of the 250 at the first meeting, what else could have been done?

3) The poster on here who blamed the SC founders for the current state of the club.

We have set up a Supporters Club (which Im now going to refer to as SC because it gets confusing!),  the SC has been set up following the current problems at the actual Club (for clarity Im going to refer to as NUFC).

True Faith and the Mag announced on Monday that there would be a meeting to discuss the idea which would take place at the Irish Club the following evening, this announcement was made on numerous websites and in the Chronicle. The reasons TF and Mag decided to do this was due to the high number of emails they had received asking for direction in how to go about getting changes and protesting. It was then verified by Biffa that nufc.com had also received around 4k mails on the same subject.

That meeting took place and approx 250 people turned up, the first thing that was made clear was that this was not just a protest meeting or group but the formation of a full scale proper Supporters Club which would be relevant at all times.

It was clear at this meeting that nobody argued anything other than the fact they could only see things getting worse until Ashley sold the club (something he himself had already said). Now if people had stood up at that meeting and argued differently then maybe things wouldn't be put as they were in the later statement but nobody did (and when I say nobody I mean nobody).

At the meeting they asked for names of people who were interested in helping out or could offer specific skills. Thats where the 20 of us that are now setting it up came from. Again, I reiterate this is not the actual committee, its merely an interim one to get it up and running, to get the mechanisms in place to enable fans to join etc. Once that has taken place and we have our required number of people then there will be proper elections to decide who takes it forward.

At the second meeting the statement was written and then issued to the Chronicle, I went away and put together the very basic site that appeared on Friday lunchtime to coincide with the press release.

And thats where we are at now, but to argue that I feel this way and wont listen to anyone else in this is wrong. My views on how the website (which is what Im responsible for) should take shape have been clear from the start. I don't want this SC representing the views of the few I want it to be showing what the majority of fans want regardless if thats in total disagreement with my own views.

Thats why I am spending my time developing the site to incorporate a members area that will contain a number of questions that members can change their answer to daily if they want. This will allow us to gauge the views of the fans on an upto date basis without having them skewed by other factors. I meant what I said earlier, put a poll on 5 different internet forums and you'll get varying degrees of answers. Put that same poll in one central place where they all go and as long as you have a good cross section of members then you'll get a more realistic answer.

These questions haven't been decided on or thought out yet but I would be determined that they will not have hidden meaning or be in any way ambiguous. They would be things such as "Do you think that the club is being ran well?", "Would you prefer an alternative owner to Mike Ashley?" "Do you agree with the stance the SC is taking?" that sort of thing. Again, these would not be my questions they would be agreed by many beforehand. They would also not be exclusive, there would be regular additional questions added as needed. Maybe a separate area for other stuff to be voted on etc.

These questions would then allow the SC spokesperson to have upto date facts when in interviews etc as to how the NUFC fans are thinking. Being able to sit in an interview and say "well 92% of fans think that Ashley should go" is way better than the current position of one bloke who runs a fanzine saying what he thinks. To then be able to goto the weekly/ monthly/ quarterly/ whateverly meeting of the SC and say "well hold on, in the last week its dropped from 92 to 77% wanting him out somethings changing" would be a fantastic tool to shape how the SC goes forward.

Again, if you argue that this wouldn't be representative of the fans then how? sign up and you can put whatever answers you want to those questions. I can guarantee you one thing though, have the view that its no good signing up because they've already decided and its different to your view will get you nowhere. You can only have a chance of changing things if you put your vote forward.

You can have whatever personal views of me as you want, water off a ducks back frankly and I agree that I deserve half of them but when it comes to this I'm straight down the line with it, I've never felt so strongly about taking something forward as I do on this. One thing I wont be doing though is going forward for any kind of position in the elections. I'm not looking for an ego stroke or the likes, I'm doing something I believe in. The day the SC goes against what the majority of fans think though will be the day I stop having any involvement in it (and I will publicly let that be known).

Well done for explaining that and taking your time to do so.   :thup:

100% True.

After the panel put forward their views about where they were coming from and how they saw the SC progressing, not one single person argued against that, and there was ample opportunity to do so. The mic went to the floor and everyone who wanted to make a comment got their chance. The comments made were all in agreement. People put forward their own views and ideas, but everyone who spoke was in favour of the general idea and direction to take.

Jesus, I take back most of what I said earlier.  If you want to be taken remotely seriously then you want to avoid making comments like that on public forums.

Having a voice to represent the supporters is all well and good, but it's not much use when one of the people on the interim committee, however temporary, effectively says that all young supporters opinions are somehow less valid.   Does Ashley do your PR?

You can read that how you want but how it was meant was clearly different.

The reference to the age wasnt in any way derogatory it was that the younger fans dont remember the really shit times we've had in the past. Thats not their fault but it does mean that someone under the age of 16 wasnt even born before KK came in as manager first time. Therefore you need to be in your mid to late twenties to even have a chance of remembering just how bad things were. Its only really people like NE5 etc that have the full grasp of just how bad it can get. I remember some of it, the immediate years before Hall and Shepherd came in and I dont want to go back to anything like that. I now see it happening again and possibly worse and thats what worries me.

So apologies if its been taken the wrong way but theres no arguing that this is definitely a younger message board than others. Thats not a bad thing its just an observation and it was an observation I was using to come up with a reason why it may have differing views to other boards. I dont make any derogatory statement in there, I dont call the population of this place in any way I merely wonder how the views can be different. I even question myself at the end by wondering if those with differing views are actually right.

So you were criticising my opinion without actually knowing what it was? I've stated countless times that i support NUSC. It seems you've steamed into a discussion about a lot of different topics without taking the time to understand what people are saying.

Strange parallel with the behaviour of those fans outside SJP on tuesday 2nd september i.e. criticising people before you have the facts. 

Well done you on the site etc.

The reference to the age wasnt in any way derogatory it was that the younger fans dont remember the really s*** times we've had in the past. Thats not their fault but it does mean that someone under the age of 16 wasnt even born before KK came in as manager first time. Therefore you need to be in your mid to late twenties to even have a chance of remembering just how bad things were. Its only really people like NE5 etc that have the full grasp of just how bad it can get. I remember some of it, the immediate years before Hall and Shepherd came in and I dont want to go back to anything like that. I now see it happening again and possibly worse and thats what worries me.

So apologies if its been taken the wrong way but theres no arguing that this is definitely a younger message board than others. Thats not a bad thing its just an observation and it was an observation I was using to come up with a reason why it may have differing views to other boards. I dont make any derogatory statement in there, I dont call the population of this place in any way I merely wonder how the views can be different. I even question myself at the end by wondering if those with differing views are actually right.

That's still patronising to me and probably a few others who were around at those times but don't fully share your views.

How are you going to combat the inevitable mackem attempts at skewing any poll results?

This is something thats been discussed and we're not sure other than a couple of things are possible. As was discussed at the first meeting, its possible that this will be a paid (£5 per year was touted as the sort of value) membership thing (signing up now merely shows you back the idea and not any kind of commitment to join the full thing) which would put off the wind up merchants. If it is paid though then it was fully agreed by all at the 2nd meeting that we would need to give a full statement of what the initial fees would be used for, that no members of the group would profit from it in any way and that all accounts would be transparent.

Again though, this is an idea but it is one of the only guaranteed ways of keeping the Wind Up Merchants down, yes makems could be daft enough to pay to take the piss but at the same time they'd know their money was actually going towards NUFC fans, double jeopardy!!!

Otherwise theres not many other ways you can guarantee to keep the WUMs from throwing the views, take a look at the Man City vote to name a stand. Thousands voted for the Bell End!

After the first meeting I put a poll on TT about that subject and it was around 80% that were more than happy to pay, consensus in the thread was that they'd happily pay £10 or more. I do think half that is a sensible figure.

If anyone has any other ideas as to how you can do this though then I'd be interested to hear them. Anything that achieves that aim is a good thing.

The reference to the age wasnt in any way derogatory it was that the younger fans dont remember the really s*** times we've had in the past. Thats not their fault but it does mean that someone under the age of 16 wasnt even born before KK came in as manager first time. Therefore you need to be in your mid to late twenties to even have a chance of remembering just how bad things were. Its only really people like NE5 etc that have the full grasp of just how bad it can get. I remember some of it, the immediate years before Hall and Shepherd came in and I dont want to go back to anything like that. I now see it happening again and possibly worse and thats what worries me.

That's still patronising to me and probably a few others who were around at those times but don't fully share your views.

"views" have nothing to do with it. The league positions, relegations, crowds etc are set in stone.

This is not just a group to get Ashley out, its a fans collective for all times. The idea is that it'll work during the good times as well as the bad.

I will simply reiterate my previous points, join up and have your say as a fan of Newcastle United, back the formation of a fans group (which is all we're asking you to do here) and then make sure you're voice is heard when they ask if we should protest.

But be aware that your voice is in the serious minority here, take a step away from the cosy bounds of N-O and theres a whole different world out there. Different as in nobody else shares these views. The people who email the Mag, True-Faith, The Chronicle. Those that are posters on Skunkers, nufc-forum, toontastic, Football 365, Hawaythtoon, Singapore Mags, ToonArmy NY etc etc etc Wherever you go, whatever you read people agree as to the root of problems and what needs to happen to try and save the club.

Well the reason why I post on N-O and not on other forums is because generally speaking I've found the level and quality of debate and opinion to be that bit higher here. You occasionally have to put up with a bit of abuse, but on other sites it's far worse.

I'm not signing up because this is in reality a pressure group that takes a particular stance on a dispute between the owner and the ex-manager. I don't care what name is attached to the organisation. I think their stance is a naive and incorrect one, and their attempt to intervene is harming the club.   

:clap: well said

I have signed up, as I would like to keep tabs on the situation, and in principle do support the idea of NUSC.

Having said that, you absolutely cannot convince me that this group has NOT sprouted up now to add its voice to those trying to drive Ashley out. For the record, again, I think he should sell up by now. But I do support him and what he tried to do for the club, and will continue to support him should he pull through this period with any level of dignity and credibility. IMO, althoug he has made a mistake, he hasn't fucked up as badly as some think he has, and the reaction of the masses has been way over the top, and totally unnecessary. And I'll stick my neck out and agree 100% with Bobyule in that the fans' reaction has played a massive role in our spiraling situation.

Well done peasepud,  as someone who went along to the initial meeting, you've summed up perfectly the chain of events leading upto the meeting, what happened at the meeting and what has happened after the initial meeting finished.

Like i've said a few times in this thread, this hasn't been set up as a Ashley Out protest group but hopefully will be a long overdue and much needed organisation that can give the supporters of NUFC a common voice.

I also agree with much of what the man upstairs has said, i'm not totally against Mike Ashley, i think the guy has come into the club and done alot of good things, i also do think some of the actions by the fans is wrong and  playinng a negative role, i don't think the cockney mafia banner does much good.  My main gripe is Dennis Wise and Llambias, again it is a bit difficult to be 100% correct due to the silence coming out of SJP but my own opinion is that its KK's disagreements with Wise and Llambias which have ripped the club apart,  followed by MA backing those 2 over KK.

PRESS RELEASE

Newcastle United supporters have at last come together to fight for the future of their football club. By uniting together we feel we can bring about the future success on the field that we are desperate to enjoy. We respect all fans but believe that suggestions of the fans raising £400m are totally unrealistic and unfeasible. We feel that such a plan will never be realised and only acts as an unnecessary diversion to what we need to do with our club in such a perilous position. Fans have to come together and work to help sort out the current mess, then hopefully we’ll be able to look to a future where everyone whether inside or outside the club, will pull together with the one common aim of a successful Newcastle United.

1. NUSC is an organisation set up by Newcastle fans to give fellow supporters a collective voice in relation to all things Newcastle United.

2. NUSC is first, second, third….for the fans and name of Newcastle United, we don’t hate cockneys or any other nationality! We only hate what has been done to our club and want a solution to the current mess as soon as possible.

3. NUSC was set up following a packed public meeting of supporters on Tuesday 16th September 2008 which was brought about by an avalanche of requests for a fans organisation to be established.

4. NUSC recognises that the current situation at NUFC cannot be of long-term benefit to NUFC and therefore calls for that situation to be resolved by the present owner disposing of his interest in the club to somebody/organisation who has the long-term interests of the club at heart.

5. Alternatively/In the meantime – NUSC calls upon the present owner to take immediate action to remedy the situation NUFC finds itself in.

6. Until such time as 4/5 takes place, NUSC calls upon all Newcastle supporters to withdraw their financial support for Mike Ashley by boycotting all Ashley retail outlets, both inside and outside the stadium.

7. By his actions Mike Ashley has given up his rights to sit amongst the supporters at away matches and will not be made welcome.

8. NUSC believes that an organised supporters group is long overdue at NUFC. It has the most passionate and loyal supporters in the country but they are without an organised voice. We have been taken for granted too long and things must now change. NUSC calls upon Newcastle United supporters to rally together under one umbrella group, NEWCASTLE UNITED SUPPORTERS CLUB.

9. We welcome all forms of peaceful protest against what is happening to our club and encourage all supporters to continue in the same spirit that was shown at the Hull City match.

10. NUSC representatives will distribute free newsletters to all supporters before the Blackburn match, containing info on how to join NUSC and more details on the aims of NUSC.

11. Visit www.newcastleunitedsupportersclub.com for further details of YOUR supporters club.

FOR COMMENT/FURTHER INFO WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING SPOKESPEOPLE AVAILABLE –

MICHAEL ORD – 07850199846

MICHAEL TEASDALE – 07979645293

MALCOLM SHIELS - 07505122178