Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll wait and see how it goes before joining up.

I think everyone should at least sign up and show their support at this early stage. It doesn't stand for anything yet and you can only make what you want of it by getting involved. There's no cost to put your name down on the list, so you've got bugger all to lose.

I'm not involved behind the scenes, I just think it's the best chance the sensible supporters have had in a long time to finally get their voice heard.

I think everyone should at least sign up and show their support at this early stage. It doesn't stand for anything yet and you can only make what you want of it by getting involved. There's no cost to put your name down on the list, so you've got bugger all to lose.

I'm not involved behind the scenes, I just think it's the best chance the sensible supporters have had in a long time to finally get their voice heard.

Thank you.

As for boycotting the Spurs game, the view of the NUSC is that we should wherever possible support the team therefore we go to the game but boycott every other form of money to the club. This however may change in coming weeks if those that have signed up make it clear thats not what they want. Nothing is set in stone, all we have at the moment is the views of random people on websites and emails to nufc.com, themag and true faith. We have tried to collate these into some form of concensus of opinion but its not that easy at times.

Guest Redcar Mag

Good work Peasepud. I'm a little surprised to find the reception on here a bit lukewarm in comparison to the generally very good feedback on toontastic. I thought us toontastickers were supposed to be the cynical ones!

Guest timmy boy

Signed up.

The guy who was interviewed came across well,sounds like a good idea although I agree with whoever said the domain was awful, it definitely needs to be changed to something shorter.

"we're not behind the current regime"

not giving ALL supporters a voice then.

True. I'm concerned it'll give the usual self-important blowhards an opportunity to pretend they speak for us.

Will the group's position on certain matters be put to the vote?

Good work Peasepud. I'm a little surprised to find the reception on here a bit lukewarm in comparison to the generally very good feedback on toontastic. I thought us toontastickers were supposed to be the cynical ones!

It's been the same actual with the whole Keegan resigning as well, of which I've noticed.

Guest Redcar Mag
Will the group's position on certain matters be put to the vote?

Yes, that's the plan. I believe they want the members only website to run polls, votes etc to gauge the mood and opinion.

Guest optimistic nit

i couldn't register as i cant find 'cockneyland' anywhere on the list of countries.

it starts somewhere a bit below leeds and extends into what was previously northern france.

Guest Howaythetoon

Signed up, the best thing that will come out of all this crap we've witnessed these last few weeks is a more United fanbase, with a proper supporters club by the looks of it which is much needed and most welcome. Well done to all involved.

Signed up, the best thing that will come out of all this crap we've witnessed these last few weeks is a more United fanbase, with a proper supporters club by the looks of it which is much needed and most welcome. Well done to all involved.

Exactly. Can't see behind the waves of negativity and cynacism on here at all.

Guest optimistic nit

Exactly. Can't see behind the waves of negativity and cynacism on here at all.

its the default setting at the moment. if we're cynical about everything we're less likely to be made fools of, again.

Thank you.

As for boycotting the Spurs game, the view of the NUSC is that we should wherever possible support the team therefore we go to the game but boycott every other form of money to the club. This however may change in coming weeks if those that have signed up make it clear thats not what they want. Nothing is set in stone, all we have at the moment is the views of random people on websites and emails to nufc.com, themag and true faith. We have tried to collate these into some form of concensus of opinion but its not that easy at times.

As someone who thought wrightly or wrongly the current board were taking the piss with there renew for year & pay more or same price for 3 years idea, feels is making point by going to the Spurs game. Because I believe if after all the shite from various people/media that has been dumped on Newcastle United & its fans, if we got a gate of 40K+ (LOVE IT TO BE 50K+) for the Spurs game it would show the world we really are great fans.

BACK THE TEAM!

Remember when we were getting humped by Man United when the Mancs scored the 5th & most of the ground started singing because we were past the pain barrier & all we had left was solidarity & support for the team. I think we are at that point now, so if you have got the cash get on down to SJP & lets us show the rest of  the country what we are about. IF YOU CAN!!

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd rather be in than out. I don't have a problem being part of something or a member of a group that from time to time may not share my ideas or I may not always agree with. By being a member I can at least voice my objection to this or that or maybe even promote an idea of mine or whatever. I can understand why people are weary though and why those who haven't taken sides don't like how the supporters club have taken sides but get yourself signed up and get along to a meeting, tell them your views, this is what its all about or I hope it is anyway and my god we need such a platform. I personally think it could be the best thing to happen to us fans in a long long time.