Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some very impressive work on the leaflets.

What did it say?

Lots. The statement they made, and a bit dismissing a fans buyout etc. Also a pictoral taking the piss out of the supposed fight between Keegan and Llambias. I didn't read it properly tbf, but there was obviously some work and money put into them - colour printing on glossy paper and some decent editing.

There was an application form asking for a tenner too, but I couldn't see what they wanted it for.

What's so difficult to understand about the concept of joining this thing, having your say, and shaping what this supporters club is.  If you take the attitude "well that doesn't tally with my views so I'm not signing up", then you give it a very good chance of NEVER tallying with your views.

It's not fucking rocket science lads. 

Guest Howaythetoon

What's so difficult to understand about the concept of joining this thing, having your say, and shaping what this supporters club is.  If you take the attitude "well that doesn't tally with my views so I'm not signing up", then you give it a very good chance of NEVER tallying with your views.

It's not f***ing rocket science lads. 

Couldn't agree more. The supporters club has been set up out of the blue primarily as a response to the mismanagement and it does look like some kind of pressure group at the moment, however over the years it will become much more than that, but only with the help of members.

Some very impressive work on the leaflets.

What did it say?

Lots. The statement they made, and a bit dismissing a fans buyout etc. Also a pictoral taking the piss out of the supposed fight between Keegan and Llambias. I didn't read it properly tbf, but there was obviously some work and money put into them - colour printing on glossy paper and some decent editing.

There was an application form asking for a tenner too, but I couldn't see what they wanted it for.

Yeah, it looked very slick.  Could have done with a proof-read though.

I don't mind the fact that they want us to boycoutt NUFC products, etc. but I found the why not go to Greggs & Irish Centre comments very nufc.com-like, and a bit pathetic tbh. I don't agree with everything they are doing but was going to join up. That though, was just petty. I'll not be joining, sorry.

It's not fucking rocket science lads. 

I think it's the way opinions are shaped before everyone is gets the chance to have a say.

I haven't had a reply from my attempt to sign up, and press releases and statements are being made on my behalf.

Not one comment about asking the fans to show their support for the team and the players during the course of the game :thdn:

I am guessing most people will take it as a given the the Supporters Club will be supporting the team. When I go to games I don't need someone to tell me that, I don't need to be in a Supporters club either.

Coming Up

Newcastle v Spurs - 24th September 2008

All fans are urged to attend the game and give the team their full support however we recommend that the current boycott of all other club facilities and goods continues throughout this match. So why not take yourselves a pie in from Greggs and have that pre-match drink in the Irish Club instead of Shearers?

Just out of interest, what have Greggs or the Irish Bar done to contribute to the growth of Newcastle United that they should get the increased revenue rather than the club?

Anyone with sense will grab a bit of bait from Greggs or a places outside of the ground. £2 pies & £1.80 botlle of pop FFS!!!!! As for the Irish bar it is to Celtic for someone like me who prefers to see Rangers winning.

I don't mind the fact that they want us to boycoutt NUFC products, etc. but I found the why not go to Greggs & Irish Centre comments very nufc.com-like, and a bit pathetic tbh. I don't agree with everything they are doing but was going to join up. That though, was just petty. I'll not be joining, sorry.

It really is pathetic and once again just so laughable to everyone outside Newcastle.

This kind of agenda proves how devoid of ideas and meaningless they are.

I would suggest Newcastle supporters go to the match and support their team through thick and thin (not boo and ridicule individuals as many did yesterday) rather than attempt pastie and pop boycotts.

FFS what an embarrassment.

They should either hold off from making pronouncements until there's a proper membership structure and way to sort out complex mixtures of opinion, or they should quit styling themselves as the voice of all fans while tying the thing's founding statement to a set of opinions and ideas about appropriate action that many people disagree with. I put my name on the mailing list because I wanted to have a say. I emphatically do not want to make up the numbers that "justify" actions I think are harmful to the club.

I put my name on their list, as I say, so I guess I'm as "joined" as anyone who hasn't appointed themselves to a central committee.

It's not very encouraging, though, when long before there's any chance to "say my bit", they're issuing single-issue statements containing stuff that I find embarrassing, laughable, mistaken, offensive, stupid or just plain wrong.

Sorry but I saw that as just a daft throwaway comment. Yet you've somehow got all hung up on it. Weird.

Will any of the critics be joining & saying there bit? Or do we have people bitching about something they will never be joining?

If they ever move on from the pathetic "pie boycott" and "Ashley is a tw@t " agenda and present themselves as a co-ordinated and structured organisation who want to liase intelligently with those who can actually do something, instead of just repeating the populist rabble rousing, tedious stuff then they could be worth joining.

Will any of the critics be joining & saying there bit? Or do we have people bitching about something they will never be joining?

If they ever move on from the pathetic "pie boycott" and "Ashley is a tw@t " agenda and present themselves as a co-ordinated and structured organisation who want to liase intelligently with those who can actually do something, instead of just repeating the populist rabble rousing, tedious stuff then they could be worth joining.

I will continue my "pie boycott" unless I am really hungry as at £1.80 or are the £2 now seems a rip off to me who ever is the owner. As for the rest they will only change once you join & dilute the "Ashley is a tw@t" crew.

If they do everything at two days notice I wouldn't be able to go to any meetings so will not join.