Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is not just a group to get Ashley out, its a fans collective for all times. The idea is that it'll work during the good times as well as the bad.

I will simply reiterate my previous points, join up and have your say as a fan of Newcastle United, back the formation of a fans group (which is all we're asking you to do here) and then make sure you're voice is heard when they ask if we should protest.

But be aware that your voice is in the serious minority here, take a step away from the cosy bounds of N-O and theres a whole different world out there. Different as in nobody else shares these views. The people who email the Mag, True-Faith, The Chronicle. Those that are posters on Skunkers, nufc-forum, toontastic, Football 365, Hawaythtoon, Singapore Mags, ToonArmy NY etc etc etc Wherever you go, whatever you read people agree as to the root of problems and what needs to happen to try and save the club.

What a crock of s***, all opinions are uniform everywhere bar this website? Talking through your arse.

What opinion anyway? Are you referring to opinon on the DoF system, Ashley's expenditure in the summer, the lies about the finances, the undermining of Keegan, or Keegan's leaking to the media, the timing of his departure, or the subsequent response of the fans?

Which one peasepud?

Simple people like compartments to put things in, reality isnt like that.

You don't have to go beyond the first line to see what they are about, regardless of who is right or wrong they want Ashley out.  :lol:

Aye and coming on here saying its about the fans having a voice but be aware that if you dont share our opinion you're in the minority. Doesnt even see his own hypocrisy, thats the frightening bit.

I've signed up and support this but i do wonder if they are going to run through the 10 or so unanswered questions about this club and present the facts to back up any position they come up with, or just form an opinion like in the current vacuum of information we seem to be in? 

from what i can tell it seems like the recent events have galvinished these fans into realising we need some sort of fans collective to communicate with the club and more accurately represent their views. so in a way it's a reaction to theyoung kids that flock to the TV cameras, or the likes of frank gilmour or steve wraith acting as unappointed spokesmen.

it is not that they are forming to be anti-ashley, if that was the case they'd be a single issue lobby group which would disband once their aims have been achieved and instead this seems like something for the long-term, and the ins and outs will probably not be formalised until after Ashley is gone, which would make it pretty pointless were they just there to get him out. the recent events have been a catalyst rather than a cause. as peasepud says, anyone can go along and their input will help shape what the association ends up like. might be worth putting something up on the main site to publicise this.

from what i can tell it seems like the recent events have galvinished these fans into realising we need some sort of fans collective to communicate with the club and more accurately represent their views. so in a way it's a reaction to theyoung kids that flock to the TV cameras, or the likes of frank gilmour or steve wraith acting as unappointed spokesmen.

it is not that they are forming to be anti-ashley, if that was the case they'd be a single issue lobby group which would disband once their aims have been achieved and instead this seems like something for the long-term, and the ins and outs will probably not be formalised until after Ashley is gone, which would make it pretty pointless were they just there to get him out. the recent events have been a catalyst rather than a cause. as peasepud says, anyone can go along and their input will help shape what the association ends up like. might be worth putting something up on the main site to publicise this.

I can't see any point on going along to give input, 250 people have already decided that Ashley should go without knowing all of the facts.  This lot are more dangerous because at least very few take the idiots who turn up for the Sky cameras seriously.  It appears that 250 people have decided that Ashley should go and every person who signs up adds more weight to that, regardless of right or wrong.

I can't see any point on going along to give input, 250 people have already decided that Ashley should go without knowing all of the facts.  This lot are more dangerous because at least very few take the idiots who turn up for the Sky cameras seriously.  It appears that 250 people have decided that Ashley should go and every person who signs up adds more weight to that, regardless of right or wrong.

Personally, although I'll be the first to admit to being suspicious of their true motives when NUSC was announced, looking at the site, they look like they've done a good job of not coming across as if they just have an anti-Ashley agenda.  And the fact they are actively encouraging people to attend the matches already gives them more credibility than certain other "groups" who were calling for a boycott.

I'm still not entirely convinced, but time will tell.

Let's not make this about the differences between views on the two forums; many regular posters are present on both. Just because someone makes a negative point on here doesn't mean the forum deserves to be slagged off as a whole, and vice-versa. They're individual opinions, not the views of the entire forum, its owners or anything like that.

I've signed up, but I'll always defend the right of members on both forums to question this initiative or support it as they see fit.

It looks like this has been ignored, it's a bit rich that people who are trying to represent the fans are acting the way they are because not everybody shares the views which they have.

Am I missing a trick here or is it just you who cant read? check 18 posts prior to the one I quote then feel free to apologise.

Thank you, at least one person sees it for what it is.

And Mick, 250 people didnt decide this, the 250 that made the effort to turn up at a meeting discussed this, this followed on from something like 4k+ emails that were received by nufc.com alone where the vast, vast majority were saying the same things. If you were so bothered by these things though why didnt you go to the meeting and argue the opposing point? And thats not being argumentative, Im interested to know what the reasons are for not wanting to make yourself heard.

This is not just a group to get Ashley out, its a fans collective for all times. The idea is that it'll work during the good times as well as the bad.

I will simply reiterate my previous points, join up and have your say as a fan of Newcastle United, back the formation of a fans group (which is all we're asking you to do here) and then make sure you're voice is heard when they ask if we should protest.

But be aware that your voice is in the serious minority here, take a step away from the cosy bounds of N-O and theres a whole different world out there. Different as in nobody else shares these views. The people who email the Mag, True-Faith, The Chronicle. Those that are posters on Skunkers, nufc-forum, toontastic, Football 365, Hawaythtoon, Singapore Mags, ToonArmy NY etc etc etc Wherever you go, whatever you read people agree as to the root of problems and what needs to happen to try and save the club.

What a crock of s***, all opinions are uniform everywhere bar this website? Talking through your arse.

What opinion anyway? Are you referring to opinon on the DoF system, Ashley's expenditure in the summer, the lies about the finances, the undermining of Keegan, or Keegan's leaking to the media, the timing of his departure, or the subsequent response of the fans?

Which one peasepud?

You don't have to go beyond the first line to see what they are about, regardless of who is right or wrong they want Ashley out.  :lol:

and you want him in  bluelaugh.gif

And Mick, 250 people didnt decide this, the 250 that made the effort to turn up at a meeting discussed this, this followed on from something like 4k+ emails that were received by nufc.com alone where the vast, vast majority were saying the same things. If you were so bothered by these things though why didnt you go to the meeting and argue the opposing point? And thats not being argumentative, Im interested to know what the reasons are for not wanting to make yourself heard.

I think its to be commended that people made the effort, instead of others with their heads in the sand doing nothing.

If I'd been able to get up, I'd have came too. Particularly as the Irish Club is a regular haunt of mine anyway  :coolsmiley:

Which one peasepud?

Aye and coming on here saying its about the fans having a voice but be aware that if you dont share our opinion you're in the minority. Doesnt even see his own hypocrisy, thats the frightening bit.

I've signed up and support this but i do wonder if they are going to run through the 10 or so unanswered questions about this club and present the facts to back up any position they come up with, or just form an opinion like in the current vacuum of information we seem to be in? 

When I say that you're in the minority I mean that, not because you disagree with me or the NUSC but because if you go elsewhere on the internet, watch the news, read letters pages of newspapers etc etc you will not find many people arguing for the same as you are. Thats not being hypocritical its telling it like it is.

Tell you what, how about me and you stand outside the Gallowgate on Wednesday night and ask the first 100 fans we see the same question and see how many agree with you? If more than 50 do then you're in the majority. Thats not being arsey, uptight or anything else its merely statistics. ;)

Now if you can list the 10 questions that Ive allegedly overlooked then I'll be happy to reply to each and every one with a full and honest answer.

Any chance of getting the NUSC website address in a prominent place on NUFC.com, alongside the numerous links to internet betting sites, t-shirt shops and car dealerships?

I'd imagine that would be like going to a Klu Klux Klan meeting and suggesting "Darkie was alright, really."

Says a man ignoring basic questions that would take 2 seconds to reply to.

Am I missing a trick here or is it just you who cant read? check 18 posts prior to the one I quote then feel free to apologise.

Yes you are missing a trick, I've seen your posts on your forum, post 101 in "Press Release & radio Newcastle interview 4.10 today, Newcastle United Supporters Club."  If you've got anything to say about what people say on here then say it here where those you talk about can see it.

Any chance of getting the NUSC website address in a prominent place on NUFC.com, alongside the numerous links to internet betting sites, t-shirt shops and car dealerships?

I believe its going on tomorrow.

And Chez, as I said in my last post, list the questions and I'll answer them

Which one peasepud?

When I say that you're in the minority I mean that, not because you disagree with me or the NUSC but because if you go elsewhere on the internet, watch the news, read letters pages of newspapers etc etc you will not find many people arguing for the same as you are. Thats not being hypocritical its telling it like it is.

Tell you what, how about me and you stand outside the Gallowgate on Wednesday night and ask the first 100 fans we see the same question and see how many agree with you? If more than 50 do then you're in the majority. Thats not being arsey, uptight or anything else its merely statistics. ;)

Now if you can list the 10 questions that Ive allegedly overlooked then I'll be happy to reply to each and every one with a full and honest answer.

What am i arguing? You dont even know what i'm arguing. And what question would we be asking outside SJP?

The unanswered questions about the club arent posted in this thread, its the questions about what really went on behind the scenes. Take your head out of your forum bickering arse and you'd see that i then went on to try and capture what those questions are in a later post. There are many more, i assure you. 

EDIT - they are in this post chain ffs.

Yes you are missing a trick, I've seen your posts on your forum, post 101 in "Press Release & radio Newcastle interview 4.10 today, Newcastle United Supporters Club."  If you've got anything to say about what people say on here then say it here where those you talk about can see it.

That would be this one then....

I'm sure the majority are on a wind-up. They can't see Ashley for what he is after he's shown his true colours.

He's virtually came out and said "Ok you got me, I'll go as soon as I get the windfall which is the entire reason I bought the club."

I would like to believe thats true but I have to say that I honestly think these people are serious.

Maybe its an age thing? without wanting to push the whole "kids over there" bit its a fair assumption that the average age is lower than a lot of other forums. Maybe they arent as used to the whole disappointment thing, maybe they have a naive belief that all will be well.

It confuses me it really does. If I was seeing the same things elsewhere I would understand it but we dont. Ive been on dozens of message boards in the last 24 hours shamelessly plugging the Supporters Club (did I mention it here? ;) ) and while there Ive taken in any posts that look interesting but Ive not seen anything in the way of the apathy or (whats the opposite of dissent?) thats over there.

Maybe we're the ones in the wrong and these lads are forward thinkers?

Some people can't just cancel everything at such short notice, I was at work while the meeting took place and was unable to make alternative arrangements at such short notice.

I'm not prepared to make such a decision on the basis of Keegan walking out of a job, the same way as I didn't want John Hall out the last time he walked out of the club.  Did you want the board out last time he walked?

If you can answer these questions and back them up with evidence then i'll vote for you on the committee.

Who sold Faye?

Did Keegan agree to sell Milner?

Did he really want to keep Smith and block his move to Everton?

Was Xisco a last minute signing? Were the reports from Deportivo that the deal had been in progress for 20 days wrong?

Did Keegan resign? Or did he leave under a claim for constructive dismissal?

Did Keegan know the budget was 20m? Did he agree to come knowing it would be?

Was his rant after Chelsea him 'changing his mind' about the 20m?

Was there a clause in Keegan's contract which stated that he was to pay £2,000,000 to the club if he resigned?

If so why on earth sign it?

Why didn't Keegan publically deny the repeated allegations of interference from Wise, Jiminez and Vetere throughout the summer?

Did he really try to sign Henry et al?

Did Ashley lie to Keegan?

When exactly did Keegan first feel he wasn't in complete control of the transfer policy?

Why did Cox leave the club on August 8th?

Who was responsible for the failed bids for Modric and Woodgate?

If you cant answer them can you let me the know how significant you think that might be.

That would be this one then....

I'm sure the majority are on a wind-up. They can't see Ashley for what he is after he's shown his true colours.

He's virtually came out and said "Ok you got me, I'll go as soon as I get the windfall which is the entire reason I bought the club."

I would like to believe thats true but I have to say that I honestly think these people are serious.

Maybe its an age thing? without wanting to push the whole "kids over there" bit its a fair assumption that the average age is lower than a lot of other forums. Maybe they arent as used to the whole disappointment thing, maybe they have a naive belief that all will be well.

It confuses me it really does. If I was seeing the same things elsewhere I would understand it but we dont. Ive been on dozens of message boards in the last 24 hours shamelessly plugging the Supporters Club (did I mention it here? ;) ) and while there Ive taken in any posts that look interesting but Ive not seen anything in the way of the apathy or (whats the opposite of dissent?) thats over there.

Maybe we're the ones in the wrong and these lads are forward thinkers?

That's the one.

I'm not prepared to make such a decision on the basis of Keegan walking out of a job, the same way as I didn't want John Hall out the last time he walked out of the club.  Did you want the board out last time he walked?

its nothing to do with Keegan walking out. Its because they don't support their manager and they are amateurs, and they are also taking the club back to "your good old days" ie, where the Halls and Shepherd found them.

Slightly unreal that people like you and macbeth etc were slating the only board who gave you a club attempting to compete with the other top clubs in 50 years, saying they were overspending and "doing a Leeds" when we are now "doing a Leeds" due to underinvestment on quality players ?

You'll still defend it though. Hope you enjoyed those days competing at the top end, because under this regime, its over. You don't reply to where I said this earlier, predictably. But its true, and THAT is why we want them out, nothing to do with Keegan, who has just exposed them for the rank amateurs that they are.

You don't realise this do you ? Because you haven't really got a clue what those days were  :idiot2:

If you can answer these questions and back them up with evidence then i'll vote for you on the committee.

Who sold Faye?

Did Keegan agree to sell Milner?

Did he really want to keep Smith and block his move to Everton?

Was Xisco a last minute signing? Were the reports from Deportivo that the deal had been in progress for 20 days wrong?

Did Keegan resign? Or did he leave under a claim for constructive dismissal?

Did Keegan know the budget was 20m? Did he agree to come knowing it would be?

Was his rant after Chelsea him 'changing his mind' about the 20m?

Did he really try to sign Henry et al?

Did Ashley lie to Keegan?

When exactly did Keegan first feel he wasn't in complete control of the transfer policy?

Why did Cox leave the club on August 8th?

Who was responsible for the failed bids for Modric and Woodgate?

If you cant answer them can you let me the know how significant you think that might be.

Oh it's all gone quiet over there...

Oh it's all gone quiet over there...

Oh it's all gone quiet...

Oh it's all gone quiet...

It's all gone quiet over there...