Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sounds like a bunch of people already deciding they're in charge before most supporters have signed up.

but that doesnt (in my opinion) form a right to have representation automatically given.

Sounds ominous.

How? can you even attempt to make something out of that sentence? Its a simple true fact and you can guarantee that if I'd posted the opposite you would have jumped on it way harder than that. How can you say that because a poster from here went then that means this place itselfshould be represented? If thats the case then N-O is represented on the board because Im there and Im a member here but Im fairly sure people here wouldnt be happy if I was saying I represented the views of N-O!

What Im saying is, no forum should be representing their members at these things, I do not go to it representing TT, I go as me. Biffa does not go and say this is the views of nufc.com he does as I did and says "we've had a thousand emails and the majority seem to be saying this....". I would expect any member of TT to decide and join up for themselves. Its like saying "I want the government to listen to me but its ok because Joe at Number 63 voted so he can represent the street".

Im also disappointed that no matter how many times its said, you cant see the simple fact. These are not the people that will ultimately run this, we are a group of people who out of the 250 or so that took the time to go to the meeting are now taking responsibility for getting it up and running. Once we have the members signed up then the actual committee will be elected properly, by those members.

Im not sure what more I can say other than if you have any views on the running of NUFC and you want to have a chance of making a difference then you need to sign up.

Join up and then when you're asked the questions such as "Are you happy with Mike Ashley", "Do you think we should boycott?" etc etc you can give your vote.

If you dont sign up and the votes dont go the way you want then you have no right to moan about it.

I have to say though, I do find it quite a sorry state of affairs that those who couldnt be arsed to go to the Tueday meeting then moan about how those that did are doing things. One of the members works in Birmingham during the week, he drove up here on Thursday afternoon went to the meeting and drove back again afterwards. All at his expense and all because he wants to try and give people some chance of a say. To then have others pour scorn on that is disappointing to say the least.

As I keep trying to point out, if you dont want to join thats fine, I have no problems with anyone who doesnt want to support it but I do have a problem with those people then making negative comment on those that give up their time, money and private lives to try and do something. To make out that its been rushed out for some peoples ego's is extremely disappointing to say the least.

Let's not make this about the differences between views on the two forums; many regular posters are present on both. Just because someone makes a negative point on here doesn't mean the forum deserves to be slagged off as a whole, and vice-versa. They're individual opinions, not the views of the entire forum, its owners or anything like that.

I've signed up, but I'll always defend the right of members on both forums to question this initiative or support it as they see fit.

Sounds like a bunch of people already deciding they're in charge before most supporters have signed up.

but that doesnt (in my opinion) form a right to have representation automatically given.

Sounds ominous.

How? can you even attempt to make something out of that sentence? Its a simple true fact and you can guarantee that if I'd posted the opposite you would have jumped on it way harder than that. How can you say that because a poster from here went then that means this place itselfshould be represented? If thats the case then N-O is represented on the board because Im there and Im a member here but Im fairly sure people here wouldnt be happy if I was saying I represented the views of N-O!

What Im saying is, no forum should be representing their members at these things, I do not go to it representing TT, I go as me. Biffa does not go and say this is the views of nufc.com he does as I did and says "we've had a thousand emails and the majority seem to be saying this....". I would expect any member of TT to decide and join up for themselves. Its like saying "I want the government to listen to me but its ok because Joe at Number 63 voted so he can represent the street".

Im also disappointed that no matter how many times its said, you cant see the simple fact. These are not the people that will ultimately run this, we are a group of people who out of the 250 or so that took the time to go to the meeting are now taking responsibility for getting it up and running. Once we have the members signed up then the actual committee will be elected properly, by those members.

Im not sure what more I can say other than if you have any views on the running of NUFC and you want to have a chance of making a difference then you need to sign up.

Join up and then when you're asked the questions such as "Are you happy with Mike Ashley", "Do you think we should boycott?" etc etc you can give your vote.

If you dont sign up and the votes dont go the way you want then you have no right to moan about it.

I have to say though, I do find it quite a sorry state of affairs that those who couldnt be arsed to go to the Tueday meeting then moan about how those that did are doing things. One of the members works in Birmingham during the week, he drove up here on Thursday afternoon went to the meeting and drove back again afterwards. All at his expense and all because he wants to try and give people some chance of a say. To then have others pour scorn on that is disappointing to say the least.

As I keep trying to point out, if you dont want to join thats fine, I have no problems with anyone who doesnt want to support it but I do have a problem with those people then making negative comment on those that give up their time, money and private lives to try and do something. To make out that its been rushed out for some peoples ego's is extremely disappointing to say the least.

I've signed up, just voicing my concerns.

A lot of fans don't hang on the every word of fanzines and internet forums. They might not be even aware of the meetings.

Let's not make this about the differences between views on the two forums; many regular posters are present on both. Just because someone makes a negative point on here doesn't mean the forum deserves to be slagged off as a whole, and vice-versa. They're individual opinions, not the views of the entire forum, its owners or anything like that.

I've signed up, but I'll always defend the right of members on both forums to question this initiative or support it as they see fit.

Agreed, and apologies if its come across that way. I am confused however by the major difference in views between here and most other sites. Theres nothing to say which is the right or best view but it is a little confusing to see so many people on one board pouring scorn on something that only has the best interests of the club at heart while it doesnt seem to be happening elsewhere?

This quite from yourself Dave is exactly why people should sign up themselves and not look for the seperate boards to be represented.

Just because someone makes a negative point on here doesn't mean the forum deserves to be slagged off as a whole, and vice-versa. They're individual opinions, not the views of the entire forum, its owners or anything like that.

And SSR I take your point but if thats the case then you'd wait forever for everyone to be aware and Im not sure how else you would have promoted the meeting?

Guest Redcar Mag
A lot of fans don't hang on the every word of fanzines and internet forums. They might not be even aware of the meetings.

Well they've already got themselves on Radio Newcastle and in the Chronicle. I can't see that they could do much else so far, other than bum rushing the set of Look North.

Well they've already got themselves on Radio Newcastle and in the Chronicle. I can't see that they could do much else so far, other than bum rushing the set of Look North.

Keep publicising it, and not self-appointing leaders until a decent number of people have shown interest.

You can't just say, 'Oh too late, now our band of 1000 speak for everybody.'

Guest Redcar Mag

Keep publicising it, and not self-appointing leaders until a decent number of people have shown interest.

"Once we have the members signed up then the actual committee will be elected properly, by those members."

"Once we have the members signed up then the actual committee will be elected properly, by those members."

Ok. Sorry if I'm coming across as being deliberately awkward.

I understand by the Radio Interview that the 'Interim' in 'Interim commitee' was stressed. Hopefully that will be the case.

Guest Asprilla

Right now this is about "direction not detail". (to quote one very unpopular but successful ex Prime Minister).

A supporters club gives a voice to the people who keep this club going, long after the managers, players, chairmen and barrow boys have flown off to some exotic beach with a big bag of loot. Ok, so it isn't going to please everyone 100% all the time it isn't going to give you a payrise and it isn't going to give you a couple of extra inches on your old chap....but it will start a process that will benefit the club in the long run.

Bide your time, wait and see but for God's sake don't shoot the thing down before it's been given a fair chance.

NUFC is like the tide. If you're riding the wave it will drive you forward but if it's against you, it pulls you under.

We're all cheesed off with this false dawn (again) and we need some stability. It isn't always easy though. Sometimes you have to hold your tongue and wait and see. Let's trust these people to do the right thing, I for one don't believe for a second that people are doing this to feed their egos. The guy on the radio sounded determined and level headed and even if he's only there to get the ball rolling, let's at least give him a chance.

/soapbox]

I'm not against supporters clubs in general, but this one has clearly been formed by a group of people who have a particular view of the current regime and a particular agenda. In the circumstances, their activities are bound to reflect that. That's the reality, no matter what they might say.

And these guys have already done enough damage as it is.

Guest Redcar Mag

Are you on the committee?

No.

Guest Redcar Mag
NUFC is like the tide. If you're riding the wave it will drive you forward but if it's against you, it pulls you under.

Ooooh, I like that.

I'm not against supporters clubs in general, but this one has clearly been formed by a group of people who have a particular view of the current regime and a particular agenda. In the circumstances, their activities are bound to reflect that. That's the reality, no matter what they might say.

Because I am a part of it I will refrain from posting what I would have liked to post in reply to that little gem however I will say that these "guys" as you put it were here before you and will be here long after the likes of yourself has given up on the football club. These are the same "guys" who fought for fans rights when seats were being taken away, the same "guys" who were being intimidated by a football club who employed bully tactics against them.

To put any blame on any fan for the current state of this club is at best poorly thought out but more likely moronic.

Because I am a part of it I will refrain from posting what I would have liked to post in reply to that little gem however I will say that these "guys" as you put it were here before you and will be here long after the likes of yourself has given up on the football club. These are the same "guys" who fought for fans rights when seats were being taken away, the same "guys" who were being intimidated by a football club who employed bully tactics against them.

To put any blame on any fan for the current state of this club is at best poorly thought out but more likely moronic.

Well actually I was a fan before The Mag and True Faith came out, but that's not the point at issue.

True Faith and The Mag joined in with the mob mentality in the aftermath of the Keegan departure, at a time when cool heads were needed. They are completely anti-Ashley in their stance. If this was a group to generally promote the rights of supporters, as with the Save Our Seats campaign, then fine, but it goes beyond that.

I'm not saying 'the fans' are at fault, because you only have to read this forum to see that there's a range of different opinions and responses. But I do think the fans who are trying to drive Ashley out with these pressure tactics are at fault, yes. They're making a difficult situation worse.

This is not just a group to get Ashley out, its a fans collective for all times. The idea is that it'll work during the good times as well as the bad.

I will simply reiterate my previous points, join up and have your say as a fan of Newcastle United, back the formation of a fans group (which is all we're asking you to do here) and then make sure you're voice is heard when they ask if we should protest.

But be aware that your voice is in the serious minority here, take a step away from the cosy bounds of N-O and theres a whole different world out there. Different as in nobody else shares these views. The people who email the Mag, True-Faith, The Chronicle. Those that are posters on Skunkers, nufc-forum, toontastic, Football 365, Hawaythtoon, Singapore Mags, ToonArmy NY etc etc etc Wherever you go, whatever you read people agree as to the root of problems and what needs to happen to try and save the club.

This is not just a group to get Ashley out, its a fans collective for all times. The idea is that it'll work during the good times as well as the bad.

I will simply reiterate my previous points, join up and have your say as a fan of Newcastle United, back the formation of a fans group (which is all we're asking you to do here) and then make sure you're voice is heard when they ask if we should protest.

But be aware that your voice is in the serious minority here, take a step away from the cosy bounds of N-O and theres a whole different world out there. Different as in nobody else shares these views. The people who email the Mag, True-Faith, The Chronicle. Those that are posters on Skunkers, nufc-forum, toontastic, Football 365, Hawaythtoon, Singapore Mags, ToonArmy NY etc etc etc Wherever you go, whatever you read people agree as to the root of problems and what needs to happen to try and save the club.

Well the reason why I post on N-O and not on other forums is because generally speaking I've found the level and quality of debate and opinion to be that bit higher here. You occasionally have to put up with a bit of abuse, but on other sites it's far worse.

I'm not signing up because this is in reality a pressure group that takes a particular stance on a dispute between the owner and the ex-manager. I don't care what name is attached to the organisation. I think their stance is a naive and incorrect one, and their attempt to intervene is harming the club. 

It looks like this has been ignored, it's a bit rich that people who are trying to represent the fans are acting the way they are because not everybody shares the views which they have.

What a crock of shit, all opinions are uniform everywhere bar this website? Talking through your arse.

What opinion anyway? Are you referring to opinon on the DoF system, Ashley's expenditure in the summer, the lies about the finances, the undermining of Keegan, or Keegan's leaking to the media, the timing of his departure, or the subsequent response of the fans?

Which one peasepud?

Simple people like compartments to put things in, reality isnt like that.

What a crock of s***, all opinions are uniform everywhere bar this website? Talking through your arse.

What opinion anyway? Are you referring to opinon on the DoF system, Ashley's expenditure in the summer, the lies about the finances, the undermining of Keegan, or Keegan's leaking to the media, the timing of his departure, or the subsequent response of the fans?

Which one peasepud?

Simple people like compartments to put things in, reality isnt like that.

You don't have to go beyond the first line to see what they are about, regardless of who is right or wrong they want Ashley out.  :lol: