Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Where is the supporters club now that the supporters are being branded racist islamaphobics. They are claiming to be the voice of the supporter, well get out there and set the record straight then.

Credit where it's due, that's a sensible piece. It outlines their aims and is far less aggressive than some of the shite they came out with a month or two back.

Dimplomacy > Boycotts & protests

credit to them for saying that, it is the only sensible option.

However on a sidenote I agree with toonlass, they should be doing more than campaigning to boycott merch, get rid of Ashley etc (and then say we'll give you a chance if you admit your mistakes).  We're currently being branded "Islamophobics" - fucking get out there and represent the fans to abolish that tosh.

If this is true, this is quite a climbdown. I'm happy to hear about it, but NUSC come across from all this as a tin pot organisation that really doesn't have a clue what it's doing.

this looks like their most reasoned and professional piece of publicity so i dont know why youd say that. as for a climbdown, what do you expect them to do? they cant change the reality of the situation that Ashley can't or won't sell so have to make do with what we have. had they came out and said they were going to up the protests and wanted him out you would still say they were a 'tin pot' organisation.

Well as I said, I'm happy to read this, but you really want an organisation that's going to think through its views and reactions in a calm way. They encouraged the hysterical over-reaction that caused Ashley to seek a buyer in the first place, and things could change in just the same kind of impulsive, badly informed way in the future if something happens that doesn't please them.

I'd like Ashley to renew his commitment, but I hope he continues to have nothing to do with this bunch of idiots. They're the ones who should be admitting their mistakes.

Very surprised to read that statement. Obviously someone within NUSC is acting as the voice of reason... good to see.

Would be interesting if Ashley did indeed say he was going to give it another go, what their reaction would actually be.

They've either realised that the stance they were taking was wrong and are now going to be a supporters club, or they haven't got the expected membership and are trying to increase the numbers.  Either way, at least they seem to have come out with a good press release for a change which is a positive.

Guest Howaythetoon

Or maybe they are just doing what they now feel to be the best course of action for them and their members and don't have other agendas like boosting membership, climbing down or whatever?

Or maybe they are just doing what they now feel to be the best course of action for them and their members and don't have other agendas like boosting membership, climbing down or whatever?

What's changed to make them feel that change is better for the members?

If this is true, this is quite a climbdown. I'm happy to hear about it, but NUSC come across from all this as a tin pot organisation that really doesn't have a clue what it's doing.

this looks like their most reasoned and professional piece of publicity so i dont know why youd say that. as for a climbdown, what do you expect them to do? they cant change the reality of the situation that Ashley can't or won't sell so have to make do with what we have. had they came out and said they were going to up the protests and wanted him out you would still say they were a 'tin pot' organisation.

Well as I said, I'm happy to read this, but you really want an organisation that's going to think through its views and reactions in a calm way. They encouraged the hysterical over-reaction that caused Ashley to seek a buyer in the first place, and things could change in just the same kind of impulsive, badly informed way in the future if something happens that doesn't please them.

I'd like Ashley to renew his commitment, but I hope he continues to have nothing to do with this bunch of idiots. They're the ones who should be admitting their mistakes.

The NUSC wasnt even formed when Ashley made his statement so Im not sure how you can come out with that?

I'd like Ashley to renew his commitment

What commitment?

All the money he has put in he wants back with no net gain (and allowing for ST/TV money a net loss) to the club.

I honestly can't believe you think theres anyway forward for him without a massive change of tack.

The NUSC wasnt even formed when Ashley made his statement so Im not sure how you can come out with that?

Point taken, but the organisation was founded by True Faith, the Mag and Nufc.com, who were the loudest voices in the fools chorus that drove Ashley out.

What commitment?

All the money he has put in he wants back with no net gain (and allowing for ST/TV money a net loss) to the club.

I honestly can't believe you think theres anyway forward for him without a massive change of tack.

Well we don't know how much he's asking for the club, but I've no problem with him getting the full market value.

In his statement, he'd cleared the debts and he was prepared to write off £20 million a year. That's what I mean by his commitment. Everyone will have their own opinion how genuine that was, but personally I think he was on the level and was in it for the long haul. What's more, I think he had a good long-term strategy for the club.

On this issue of the £20 million, which a lot of people instantly think will be devoted to transfer fees - that's a contribution to the entire running cost of the club, including wages etc  A lot of the sponsor money had already been spent in advance.

What commitment?

Well we don't know how much he's asking for the club, but I've no problem with him getting the full market value.

In his statement, he'd cleared the debts and he was prepared to write off £20 million a year. That's what I mean by his commitment. Everyone will have their own opinion how genuine that was, but personally I think he was on the level and was in it for the long haul. What's more, I think he had a good long-term strategy for the club.

On this issue of the £20 million, which a lot of people instantly think will be devoted to transfer fees - that's a contribution to the entire running cost of the club, including wages etc  A lot of the sponsor money had already been spent in advance.

How many years would we/will we have to wait (given the increased ST/TV money) to see any £20ms?

Full market value - How is the playing staff worth £100m (as valued) without Owen?

The long term strategy as described would be good if we already had a decent squad - we don't so it isn't.

Point taken, but the organisation was founded by True Faith, the Mag and Nufc.com, who were the loudest voices in the fools chorus that drove Ashley out.

does anyone still believe the bollocks about ashley being 'drove out'?

he's still here, for one thing.

i dont care so much about ashley admitting his mistakes, what i care about is him rectifying those mistakes, to ensure similar situations dont occur again in the future.

They're the ones who should be admitting their mistakes.

Isnt this statement, their "climbdown" as you call it, evidence of them admitting their mistakes ?

It doesn't really sound like that. They seemed to want Ashley to admit the error of his ways.

I wasn't meaning it literally when I suggested that NUSC should admit their mistakes. I don't want or expect either party to start grovelling. I just thought it was a bit of a cheek that they should be expecting that of Ashley.

Isnt this statement, their "climbdown" as you call it, evidence of them admitting their mistakes ?

It doesn't really sound like that. They seemed to want Ashley to admit the error of his ways.

I wasn't meaning it literally when I suggested that NUSC should admit their mistakes. I don't want or expect either party to start grovelling. I just thought it was a bit of a cheek that they should be expecting that of Ashley.

I agree completely that neither party is going to come out grovelling.

Its a start though and someone had to start the process of calling for some kind of truce. I guess we should be thankful someone has. Be good if Mike came out now and said something positive. The worse thing now would be for him to stay silent and for resentment to start growing again. God knows none of us want that

I agree completely that neither party is going to come out grovelling.

Its a start though and someone had to start the process of calling for some kind of truce. I guess we should be thankful someone has. Be good if Mike came out now and said something positive. The worse thing now would be for him to stay silent and for resentment to start growing again. God knows none of us want that

Yes, I'd welcome something from Ashley, but I'm not surprised he's hesitant. He won't want to risk re-awakening the protests, albeit ones which will be on a more minor scale.

I also think that part of the package for Ashley was the whole craic of putting on the replica shirt and drinking with the fans at nightclubs etc I suspect that dream has gone, and some of the motivation may have disappeared as a result.

This was an accident that was bound to happen, because Chairmen or owners are bound to disappoint the fans at some stage - to a greater or lesser extent. They can't mingle like they're one of the lads, and Ashley has to come to terms with that.

Yes, I'd welcome something from Ashley, but I'm not surprised he's hesitant. He won't want to risk re-awakening the protests, albeit ones which will be on a more minor scale.

I also think that part of the package for Ashley was the whole craic of putting on the replica shirt and drinking with the fans at nightclubs etc I suspect that dream has gone, and some of the motivation may have disappeared as a result.

This was an accident that was bound to happen, because Chairmen or owners are bound to disappoint the fans at some stage - to a greater or lesser extent. They can't mingle like they're one of the lads, and Ashley has to come to terms with that.

:thup: Definitely

Agree with that, using hindsight (see if anyone picks up on that :rolleyes:). There was always going to be a point where something happened the fans didn't like, regardless of the Keegan affair. It was fun for a bit at the beginning but he made a rod for his own back insisting it was all about going to the games for him.