Oba Martins tells it like it is

Guest hindu times

having been a season ticket holder for 15 years now, this is comfortably the lowest we've been in my time as a supporter

You have had a good run. We have decent first XI if everyone is fit. These are great times compared to 1980's.

Relegation seasons are my low points, none of these recent sideshows come close to making you feel as low as going down do.

I don't think this tells us much about the mood in the camp. He talks about determination and keeping spirits up, but at the same time there's talk of depression and players leaving. I think the whole of the club - fans, players, coaching staff, owner - are all in a bit of a state of shock and we need some stability.

I'm a serial Owen-basher, I know, but how effective can he be at rallying the troops when he himself is patently uncommitted to the club? The captain and ex-manager seem to have been getting a lot of support recently, but in practice they've been the pair that have been the least committed.

We are all individuals with our own wildly differing views and opinions and standards of behaviour, on this planet, and I accept that.  It is difficult at times (and I often wonder if some of us ARE on the same planet!) but I accept it and the bizarre views on many aspects of life (football included) that some people have.

The above (in bold) though, makes me wonder afresh, whether we should seriously consider setting up 'secure compounds' for some people . . . I really do.

It sounds like the 'compounds' remark is directed at me, but I'm not 100% sure. Can you confirm?

having been a season ticket holder for 15 years now, this is comfortably the lowest we've been in my time as a supporter

You have had a good run. We have decent first XI if everyone is fit. These are great times compared to 1980's.

Relegation seasons are my low points, none of these recent sideshows come close to making you feel as low as going down do.

If we don't get a new owner and Keegan back very soon then relegation is a very real possibility in my opinion. Half the players are looking to leave as it is.

Dennis fucking Wise  :angry:

Gotta love Oba. Very honest coments. Gutted if he goes. If he starts on Sat we have half a chance, if he doesn't i fear the worst now that Keegan and Milner have gone.

Ah man I wish you hadn't just said that  :laugh:

Milner would come in more than a little bit handy now as he'd have to be a better option than Duff or Geremi on the RW. Never understood his critics. He was clearly one of our best players. Fantastic young player. O'neil is no mug and paid £12m and Benitez wanted him too. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the lad (no shit) but when you are mentioning in the same sentence as Keegan on this forum there is bound to be trouble :lol:

Guest Stephen927

Such a positive player. Hopefully he can dig a couple of screamers out of his locker to keep the ball rolling for us and try and pick up the pieces a little bit.

Does he hint at leaving himself?

Newcastle’s Martins Hints At Exit – Arsenal Linked In The Past ...

Premiership Latest, UK - 11 minutes ago

The turmoil surrounding Newcastle United following the departure of Kevin Keegan, has sparked fears about a player exodus at St James' Park and as such, ...

I don't think this tells us much about the mood in the camp. He talks about determination and keeping spirits up, but at the same time there's talk of depression and players leaving. I think the whole of the club - fans, players, coaching staff, owner - are all in a bit of a state of shock and we need some stability.

I'm a serial Owen-basher, I know, but how effective can he be at rallying the troops when he himself is patently uncommitted to the club? The captain and ex-manager seem to have been getting a lot of support recently, but in practice they've been the pair that have been the least committed.

We are all individuals with our own wildly differing views and opinions and standards of behaviour, on this planet, and I accept that.  It is difficult at times (and I often wonder if some of us ARE on the same planet!) but I accept it and the bizarre views on many aspects of life (football included) that some people have.

The above (in bold) though, makes me wonder afresh, whether we should seriously consider setting up 'secure compounds' for some people . . . I really do.

It sounds like the 'compounds' remark is directed at me, but I'm not 100% sure. Can you confirm?

If it is, and it reads like it is, you'll have to do what all people with a valid, sensible opinion that differs from the masses have to do - put up with ridicule because there's no real counter arguement, just a differing opinion, to throw back. Hence, the "youre a NUTTER" replies.

If it is, and it reads like it is, you'll have to do what all people with a valid, sensible opinion that differs from the masses have to do - put up with ridicule because there's no real counter arguement, just a differing opinion, to throw back. Hence, the "youre a NUTTER" replies.

That's an interesting (not) comment.  The masses seem to have it in for Michael Owen, and this poster is just one of them.  It is even more interesting (even more not) how this obsession of the masses, as articulated by bobyule, is then cited as 'differing' from the masses by someone else.

Planet totall boll*x must be a pretty busy place these days, but I do not intend to visit.

Re. Oba's interview......

It's not surprising players want to leave this torn club. My biggest concern however is that potential new signings will be deterred coming to NUFC even though they are offered great contracts from "the new wealthy owner(s)". They will have seen what's been going on at NUFC and wouldn't come near the place purely because of lack of long-term security (to use a crap phrase) but I'm sure you know what I mean.

On the other hand who is going to want to buy a club that hasn't got any decent players?

The 400m asking price - ie. which provides an umbrella/a greater scope for downward negotiating, so he can make some sort of profit at least - is his insurance policy if the club is heading towards relegation minus decent players ala Owen & Martins.

Guest Stephen927

Surely he would have been given the once over by the physio to really decide whether he's fit or not? Don't think it's possible to really fake an injury in football :lol: