Jak Alnwick

Thespence

I wonder how many of those whining about what was said have ever managed anyone in a working environment.

It was widely reported that Alnwick had knocked on the managers door to complain he wasn't playing and should be sent somewhere where he could get games, i.e. "I'm too good not to play". Well now he is going to play on the big stage, all Pardew has said, in pretty clear terms, is "go on then son, prove it".

He's playing for his next contract either here or elsewhere, that in itself should be the perfect motivation, any platitudes like "oooh your great son" wouldn't have rung true in any way.

It's annoying how many pundits in the podcasts this week don't know how to pronounce Alnwick.

I never knew how to pronounce it, foreign word to an American. I heard the commentator say it, assumed it was right - then googled it - then heard how it was on wikipedia, etc. :lol:

Pardew has already proven that he wouldn't know a good footballer if one bit him on the nose, so Alnwick should take absolutely no notice of that if he's a bright enough lad.

I dunno, Pardew sussed HBA eventually so his judgement isn't all bad.

It's annoying how many pundits in the podcasts this week don't know how to pronounce Alnwick.

I never knew how to pronounce it, foreign word to an American. I heard the commentator say it, assumed it was right - then googled it - then heard how it was on wikipedia, etc. :lol:

Excuse accepted.

Guest firetotheworks

Impossible to know without hindsight... If he plays a 10/10 or a 1/10 in the next game will determine whether it's the right thing to say

You don't put pressure on your only choice goalkeeper like, it's asking for trouble for a player with that little experience, in his circumstances, in that position and at his age. It's plain dumb.

Impossible to know without hindsight... If he plays a 10/10 or a 1/10 in the next game will determine whether it's the right thing to say

You don't put pressure on your only choice goalkeeper like, it's asking for trouble for a player with that little experience, in his circumstances, in that position and at his age. It's plain dumb.

Funnily enough, I remember Redknapp doing the exact same thing with Ben Alnwick at Spurs just before a game at Old Trafford (think it was in the cup).

Gomes and Cudicini(?) were injured, so was the fourth choice, and he was the only fit keeper. Redknapp's quotes when asked about whether he was confident in him were along the lines of "Well, he's my only goalie, so I'll have to go with him. I don't have a choice. I don't have another goalie to play."

FFS, what can conceivably be more pressured than making your first full start, away from home, in one of the biggest stadiums, irrespective of what anyone says to you, or about you.

Guest firetotheworks

FFS, what can conceivably be more pressured than making your first full start, away from home, in one of the biggest stadiums, irrespective of what anyone says to you, or about you.

Why's it irrespective? :lol: Your argument it's that is such a high pressure situation that your manager saying that he's not sure if you're any good can't possibly have even further impact. Get away man!

Pardew has already proven that he wouldn't know a good footballer if one bit him on the nose, so Alnwick should take absolutely no notice of that if he's a bright enough lad.

I dunno, Pardew sussed HBA eventually so his judgement isn't all bad.

Not sure anyone's gonna bite but nice try.

Why's it irrespective? :lol: Your argument it's that is such a high pressure situation that your manager saying that he's not sure if you're any good can't possibly have even further impact. Get away man!

After the player has been bleating to the manager that he is good enough, all Pardew has said is words to the effect, go on prove it.

It's a simple gee up, and Pardew has actually used the best lever there is for a footballer, i.e. money - he's in the shop window, that's no surprise, his contract is up, go and prove you're worth some dosh.

Don't be so precious.

Guest firetotheworks

After the player has been bleating to the manager that he is good enough, all Pardew has said is words to the effect, go on prove it.

It's a simple gee up, and Pardew has actually used the best lever there is for a footballer, i.e. money - he's in the shop window, that's no surprise, his contract is up, go and prove you're worth some dosh.

Don't be so precious.

What are you on about man? :lol:

Has this all taken place in your head? Literally none of that has happened in real life.

Don't be so precious.

What are you on about man? :lol:

Has this all taken place in your head? Literally none of that has happened in real life.

Apart from all of it, which has actually happened with the Alnwick in question.

Mate I still remember your effort to pronounce Morecambe (who'd we'd just played in the LC) in the bar. I was absolutely perplexed as to what you were talking about for a good 20 seconds. :lol:

"I don’t know whether he is good enough or not if I am honest"

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-manager-says-jak-8250691?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That's reassuring. You would hope Pardew would be talking him up, if only to give him a confidence boost.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great man manager though, his greatest trait actually.

Mate I still remember your effort to pronounce Morecambe (who'd we'd just played in the LC) in the bar. I was absolutely perplexed as to what you were talking about for a good 20 seconds. :lol:

Me: "More-camby"

You: ".........."

:lol:

Me: "More-camby"

You: ".........."

:lol:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robynwilder/ball-a-hoolish