Jak Alnwick

Thespence

He's a 21 year old, coming on for his first Newcastle game, at home in front of 52'000 people against a Chelsea team, that has players like Costa and Drogba up front. He did fine imo.

Thought Drogba was being a prize bellend, then I realised he was doing it to Alnwick as I didn't even realise blob had went off, what an arsehole, the lad done very well to keep his nerve.  Made up for him tbh. Few things/mistakes I could point out, but he really doesn't deserve it, done a good job imo.

I thought he was outstanding and should be an automatic starter while Krul is injured with Woodman on the bench.

??? He played 45mins and made some mistakes. Not holding it against him or anything but waaaaaaaaay too early to start calling him 'outstanding'.

I thought he was outstanding and should be an automatic starter while Krul is injured with Woodman on the bench.

??? He played 45mins and made some mistakes. Not holding it against him or anything but waaaaaaaaay too early to start calling him 'outstanding'.

Made some fantastic saves, wasn't wound up by Drogba or Terry and cleaned out Costa the first time a high ball was hoyed in the box.

I thought he had a great game.

fantastic saves? :lol: He made 1 save and it was bread and butter.

Made a couple of saves.

FFS credit where credit is due or would you prefer Elliott to make a miracle recovery and play instead?

Elliott seems to me to be the better keeper, so yes.

Alnwick did well though, he is rightly getting plenty of praise. :thup:

Made a couple of saves.

FFS credit where credit is due or would you prefer Elliott to make a miracle recovery and play instead?

Credit where credit is due is absolutely correct. I think he had an ok-decent cameo, and would prefer to play him over Elliott, because fuck Elliott.

Where as you said he was "outstanding" and made some "fantastic saves". Both of these statements are inaccurate.

He did well I thought. Think he just needs to improve his decision making a tad on when to come out for the ball and when it is best to stay on his line, that'll come with regular minutes though.

Loved it how his first piece of action was clattering Diego Costa :thup: Wouldn't feel too worried if he was in nets for us in the next couple of games.

Made a couple of saves.

well... Yes. he's a kid and we have a massive month ahead. Elliott has his faults but atbtge minute he's the better keeper and we need him.

anwick should be proud of himself, the boy done good. but he showed his naivety at times - which is understandable of course.

Made a couple of saves.

Credit where credit is due is absolutely correct. I think he had an ok-decent cameo, and would prefer to play him over Elliott, because f*** Elliott.

Where as you said he was "outstanding" and made some "fantastic saves". Both of these statements are inaccurate.

:thup:

Was straight at him tbh. The one from Luis was probably better, moved all over the place.

:thup: I actually think Elliot doesn't save that because of how slow the fat prick is.

I was more impressed with his seemingly ability to command his area and deal with the aerial stuff. Although he did get over eager with it coming out for Drogba's goal.

But he'll learn with time when to come out and when not to, overall pleased for the lad and hopefully he continues to improve.

3) Alnwick may only just have made his bow but he’s already an internet cult hero

His Wikipedia page was recently hacked and he was credited with “superhuman powers” and building his own castle to celebrate a clean sheet once!

Heed first

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jak-alnwick-five-facts-newcastle-8240403

NE journalist of the year. :facepalm:

Made some fantastic saves, wasn't wound up by Drogba or Terry and cleaned out Costa the first time a high ball was hoyed in the box.

I thought he had a great game.

Dear me. :lol: What does half of this dreadful post even mean?