He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

this is a mess caused by the people bringing the players in. No way is that squad good enough. Its not Keegan's fault Ashley has decided to throw in the towel at first sign of trouble, Its not Keegan's fault Ashley has not appointed a new manager. its not Keegan's fault the squad is shite.

We need to forget about Keegan and move on FFS. We sure as hell need a manger in place who can give the team direction and confidence

Kevin Keegan is a coward.

He's deserted us, betrayed our trust, and left us for dead. "If" we are relegated this season, he should be remembered as one of the great villains in club history.

I don't care how bad the situation was. There was no justification for walking out when he did. It's simply a case of him putting his pride (or principles, or whatever you want to call it) before the good of the club he claimed to love. What situation if any would convince YOU to resign as manager of Newcastle United on September 1st? He should have never taken the job in the first place, walked out the moment he was undermined in the transfer window, or saw out the season.

For those of you who say he couldn't have known what would happen. Really? Is it that hard to imagine that KK walking out would cause massive fan discontent, which would make Ashley's position untenable? Many of us on the board were predicting the exact situation we are in now the moment the news broke.

For those of you who say he simply had his bluff called by Ashley and never really meant to leave. That changes nothing, the fact is, at any point he could have come to his senses, swallowed his pride, and come back.

Now, I'm not saying that the blame for our current crisis lies solely on KK's door. He and Ashley and Wise/Vertre/Llambias are all equally culpable.

But you know what? I don't hold those other people to the same standards I used to hold KK. I trusted that man absolutely, unconditionally, unequivocally. He's betrayed that trust and left us in freefall.

He's gone down in my estimation.

This is a key question that people dont seem to be asking themselves - is there actually anything that could happen in 3 days that could force your hand that much - especially as it didnt seem that much of an issue throughout the summer with the likes of Colo, Jonas being brought in in similar circumstances.

To resign afer the last day of the transfer window is quiet unbelievable if you ask me, how much can you truly love the club  if it takes you 1 day to decide that enoughs enough - especially after it being your third time doing the exact same thing.

This is a key question that people dont seem to be asking themselves - is there actually anything that could happen in 3 days that could force your hand that much - especially as it didnt seem that much of an issue throughout the summer with the likes of Colo, Jonas being brought in in similar circumstances.

To resign afer the last day of the transfer window is quiet unbelievable if you ask me, how much can you truly love the club  if it takes you 1 day to decide that enoughs enough - especially after it being your third time doing the exact same thing.

Its not just about 3 days though is it. This has obviously been building for some time. i had forgotten up until recently about the meeting in London that Keegan was called to after the Chelsea outburst. Something has been building for a while - before any signings even appeared on the scene

Guest neesy111

we need to move on with or without the current board to get a new manager

the club is bigger than any player, manager, board member

so let's fucking try to scrape something from this season

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If Keegan really is doing the best thing for the club then he'll give us the £2 mill he owes the club for his resignation no questions asked.

Its not just about 3 days though is it. This has obviously been building for some time. i had forgotten up until recently about the meeting in London that Keegan was called to after the Chelsea outburst. Something has been building for a while - before any signings even appeared on the scene

Well done for seeing this, many cant connect all the stories in the press from May onwards with what happened.

2 observations; why wait till the end of the window if he was unhappy for months beforehand? why lie to the fans?

:idiot2:

:angry:

No wonder some people think our fans are kneejerk.

What facts do you have to suggest that Keegan was wrong to walk?

I don't have any facts as such to say he was right to, except for the quotes from him, but I know from the murmurs coming out of the club over the last few months that all was not right. I trust KK and believe he left for good reason.

Right. Are you telling me the day he walked was his first opportunity to walk? No, I'm telling you that it was probably a culmination of various things that have happened over the past couple of months, which reached a head on deadline day when we didn't get the LB, RB, RW, and AM that we desperately need to do better than last year, having lost a good RW.

September means transfer window is shut, surely as a debt of gratitude he could have held his tongue and took us through to January? Why did HE kneejerk and leave? I don't believe it was kneejerk, I believe he left for the reasons above, i.e. a culmination of various things.

Face it "The messiah" dropped us in the s****. Long term, we could be deeper in the s*** if he stayed. He may have left us troubled for a few weeks, but I believe in the long term, KK will have done the best for the club.

That piss poor transfer window and s**** backroom staff got us 4 points from Man utd and Bolton FFS, he put himself first when we had put him first so many many times before just accept it. Just accept what. Whose to say he hasn't done what he believes is right for the club (i.e. something so drastic as resigning to show the fans how poorly we are being run)

If Keegan was to resign to show us how poorly the club was being run I would blame him for the mess. "I know what to do, I will resign to make this situation a whole lot worse and cause uproar, that will show the fans how much I care about them". We need to forget KK and move on.

No wonder some people think our fans are kneejerk.

What facts do you have to suggest that Keegan was wrong to walk?

I don't have any facts as such to say he was right to, except for the quotes from him, but I know from the murmurs coming out of the club over the last few months that all was not right. I trust KK and believe he left for good reason.

Pathetic isn't it, some people deserve the shit that's happening here, fickle tossers the lot.  Its just unfortunate that everyone has to suffer along with them.

Then what happened to his priciples when they were first crossed? Also, doesnt that make it more damning that he left at such a ridiculous time in spite of the fact that he knew things were like they were?

P.S Im not pro 'blind faith' Ashley and Anti Keegan, just a bit of perspective - (although contradictaly i do back Ashley in this situation because i liked what he was doing and what he wanted to do).

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If Keegan really is doing the best thing for the club then he'll give us the £2 mill he owes the club for his resignation no questions asked.

How do you know he hasnt

How do you think he keeps his Spanish villa afloat?

Hes left every job hes had without a scrap of thought for anyone but himself.

What is this thing that we have with expecting that Keegan always has to sacrifice his happiness in place of us fans.

Yes he might love the club but why should we expect him to be unhappy just for our benefit.

Well done for seeing this, many cant connect all the stories in the press from May onwards with what happened.

2 observations; why wait till the end of the window if he was unhappy for months beforehand? why lie to the fans?

Interesting thought, Chez. Do you have any facts to back that up?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He chose his ego over the club, simple as that, i said it at the time.

Or he chose his principles over the club... simple as that.

And you support that. So you support Keegan over the club.

Would he not have "left us in the lurch" whenever he decided to go though?

If he leaves in January, May, or September, there would be the same public outcry, the same s**** communication from the club, the same owner with no idea how to run a football club.

Keegan obviously has his reasons for going. I respect him for that (managers such as Alaex Ferguson, Phil Brown, Steve Bruce etc. all said they would have done the same).

This thread just seems pathetic.

It would not have been ideal at any time, but he chose the worst time possible.

And that makes him better how?

Not surprising who sides with Ashley - people with no connection to with our city.

f***ing cheek.

Mind your own business.

I can't believe I've just read that. :lol:

I think most people do blame Ashley, but feel Keegan left us in the lurch by walking.

I disagree with that.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

And you support that. So you support Keegan over the club.

No, I support Keegan's reasons for leaving. I didn't say I supported Keegan over the club.

You just said you support Keegan looking out for his own interests (or principles) over him looking out for the best direction for the club. Well done.