Reading's first goal vs us today (what on earth?!)

GG

The FA have said they can't overturn the referee's decision and there will be no replay. So how come they could overturn Terry's red card?

If they overturned all wrongly awarded/wrongly disallowed goals we'd have the FA basically having to confirm the scoreline of every match.

"Yeah, I think we got the three points today but we won't be sure untill we get the official FA scores tomorrow..."

The FA have said they can't overturn the referee's decision and there will be no replay. So how come they could overturn Terry's red card?

If they overturned all wrongly awarded/wrongly disallowed goals we'd have the FA basically having to confirm the scoreline of every match.

"Yeah, I think we got the three points today but we won't be sure untill we get the official FA scores tomorrow..."

In clear cases like this common sense should prevail though. Having said this. There was a similar incident over ten years ago in Germany when Helmer "scored" the so called "phantomtor" (should help you finding it on a certain video website). The game got repeated, but FIFA made a big fuss about it.

Isn't a draw against Reading quite a good result for Watford anyway? Maybe not on the day but aren't Reading a better side in general?

Fuck off.

(We always draw vs Reading anyway)

Isn't a draw against Reading quite a good result for Watford anyway? Maybe not on the day but aren't Reading a better side in general?

Fuck off.

I wasn't having a dig just thought they had quite a few quality players for the championship. Thought you lot were struggling anyway?

I don't remember that much controversy over the decision to replay the Arsenal - Sheff Utd cup tie a few years back. If both sides are for it, I say go ahead.

It wasn't a wrong decision of a referee back then though. It was the mistreatment of a 'gentlemen's agreement'. So the FA wasn't bothered about protecting any official and it was more or less just in the hand of the clubs (and the media) back then.

Coppell knows it's not gonna get replayed. It's a shame he didn't have the integrity (seeing as he knew at the time that it was never a goal), to pull his players together and let Watford walk up the other end and score for free. Can remember Gary Johnson and his Yeovil team doing that very thing in the cup against Plymouth.

Aside from this, i feel for the referee in many ways. He doesn't see everything and he has to put a lot of trust and faith in the view of his linesman. Really early in the guy's career as a ref too, hope he doesn't get too fiercely reprimanded. The linesman on the other hand...

Fuck off.

I wasn't having a dig just thought they had quite a few quality players for the championship. Thought you lot were struggling anyway?

Both teams are shit.

The game shouldn't be replayed imo.

The fans would have to fork out again, neither club would subsidise it.

I can see it going to court though if Watford needed 1 point to stay up/go up at the end of the season

Who do you think we are? Fucking blunts?

Apparently Steve Coppel is open to having the match replayed...

Hope Reading win if they do...Officials make mistakes...Get over it!

Mistakes yes - but that one was just ridiculous.