Sources close to Mike Ashley - SSN

Guest hindu times

Guest icemanblue

Has anyone read Nathaniel's comment that the club must sustain itself? What do people think about that considering Ashley said the same.

As did Man City's super mega loaded new owner. It's sensible. What's your point?

Consortium?-8 people wanting a say in this and that-wont work

It's working for the Mackems. Apparently it's 4 Nigerian businessmen who don't want to be named yet, Nathaniel is just the spokesman.

No matter where you're from you don't become someone capable of buying a Premiership football club if you don't have some business nouse. If they're willing to throw £400m-£450 million at the club then they must have got wind of interest from other parties as SSN are reporting.

The most important thing at the minute is to get someone in as soon as possible so we can avoid relegation. If it is the Nigerian group then i'll give them a chance rather than look down on them with scorn because some racist notion at the back of my mind tells me that Nigerian's can't be trusted, unlike some people on here.

Piss off with the positivity man. It's  going to be a disaster, they're taking the piss, we're fucked etc...

*snaps crayons*

It's working for the Mackems. Apparently it's 4 Nigerian businessmen who don't want to be named yet, Nathaniel is just the spokesman.

No matter where you're from you don't become someone capable of buying a Premiership football club if you don't have some business nouse. If they're willing to throw £400m-£450 million at the club then they must have got wind of interest from other parties as SSN are reporting.

The most important thing at the minute is to get someone in as soon as possible so we can avoid relegation. If it is the Nigerian group then i'll give them a chance rather than look down on them with scorn because some racist notion at the back of my mind tells me that Nigerian's can't be trusted, unlike some people on here.

Piss off with the positivity man. It's  going to be a disaster, they're taking the piss, we're fucked etc...

*snaps crayons*

:D

Why do the Nigerians keep talking about it in the press and talking about how much money they are raising.  There have been some comments that Ashley is willing to take less than the figures quoted last week and if that is true then saying they are trying to pay the original asking price is just daft.  Surely, they should be trying to raise the finance discreetly and then negotiate.  All seems a bit strange to me.

Maybe they're trying to do a Freddie Shepherd and blow rival bidders out of the water a la Michael Owen. Still seesm daft like.

Has anyone read Nathaniel's comment that the club must sustain itself? What do people think about that considering Ashley said the same.

Haven't the Arab lads in charge of Man City said the same? You can guarantee they'll be hoying money about like it's going out of fashion come January. Talk is very cheap nowadays.

Perhaps, but we are comparing mega rich multibillionaires to relative paupers who need to publicly announce the fact that they need another £50-100m.

Not to mention the blabber about Nigerian feeder clubs and restoring Nigerian pride. There is a lot said about Nigeria in that interview which could suggest that Nigerian football might become an unwelcome agenda at NUFC.

People were so welcoming to Ashley when it meant getting rid of Shepherd and look at how it bit them on the arse. No new owners are going to get a similar welcome from me until they prove their intentions, and from what I've read so far, I'm unimpressed.

My gut feeling is that this Nigerian consortium is the biggest fantasy story created by Ashley and his gang so as to get the Dubai/Kuwaiti guys scrambling over to buy the club before the so called Nigerians do.

My gut feeling is that the club will be sold either to Ambani or to one of the Middle eastern guys from UAE.

I said that in the other thread. :thup:

Is it a coincedence that this story has been made public just before the club expect the lowest attendance for a long while?

Or am I being overly cynical?

With what intention? Ashley is still in charge and we still have no manager, the story is hardly likely to boost ticket sales.

I hope Ashley is nice enough to give it to the best buyer for the club unlikely but meh. I cant help but laugh at the Nigerian bid I know the country is rich in oil, but the fact they want to take in a game just makes it sound dodgy.

I hope Ashley is nice enough to give it to the best buyer for the club unlikely but meh. I cant help but laugh at the Nigerian bid I know the country is rich in oil, but the fact they want to take in a game just makes it sound dodgy.

Ashley will do what's best for Ashley tbh, if some fools want to pay 150 mill over the worth of the club, he would be mad not to take the money.

For first time since I have been supporting the club, I feel apprehensive with these Nigerians wanting to buy the us. Something tells me, this will go badly for the club if these guys get their mittens on the Newcastle.

Still think Ambani will come back in.

Let's hope he really is a toon fan because if he is, what's an extra hundred million or so to a fella with his cash?

My gut feeling is still (as I said in the original Ambani thread) that it will be Ambani who buys us.

NVA Management:

“We have a big plus in the immediate past manager of the club, Kevin Keegan who has supported Nigerians bid to buy Newcastle. He loves the club with great passion and he is ready to do anything for the club to remain in the Premiership. He told me he is in support or our bid to buy the embattled club,” Nathaniel said.

May bring him into some other role at the club and appoint a different manager

Director of Football ftw

pardon my ignorance, but what does ftw stand for?

While we are on whats a M.I.L.F. jokes aside its so important that this doesnt end up another disaster as i do not think we can take anymore heartache like the last few months .Getting the right owner in now with financial clout and a sound business plan who backs the manager and doesnt interfere is wishful thinking and i hope this isnt another false dawn .