Joe Kinnear

Skirge

Guest trotter58

Same old story with some of these so-called 'journalists'. They can dish it out but they can't take it. Kinnear's got absolutely nothing to lose by having a go back in view of his short term contract. Good on him.

Have to say like, it's embarassing. He just comes out as like a little stubborn charver. Problem is, he doesn't seem to be basing his rant on much. If he'd endured it for months I could understand it. But it's been a week of fairly mild criticism by our standards. 

You not read the papers throughout 2008 mate? Jesus wept. Aye, he's brought to task stuff said about him, but he knows for a fact that the club and (let's face it...) his mates have been dragged through the shit for months on end now.

Get the fuck in, Joe. :thup:

Guest guinness_fiend

Have to say like, it's embarassing. He just comes out as like a little stubborn charver. Problem is, he doesn't seem to be basing his rant on much. If he'd endured it for months I could understand it. But it's been a week of fairly mild criticism by our standards. 

I don't care what the rest of the country thinks.  The siege mentality will be good for the players and the club.  We need to band together and grind out some results.  At the end of the day, it is "us" v "them" and the sooner the fans and players get their heads around this the better in my opinion.

You not read the papers throughout 2008 mate? Jesus wept. Aye, he's brought to task stuff said about him, but he knows for a fact that the club and (let's face it...) his mates have been dragged through the s*** for months on end now.

Get the f*** in, Joe. :thup:

Yeah, I've read the papers. Haven't the events of the last month kind of shown them in a better light (i.e. a lot of stuff they talked about turned out to be true, not all, but alot).

So now you accept that Keegan was leaking stuff to the press from the start and changed his own position regarding the structure of the club? Thats what the press were basically saying.

Make your mind up.

I don't care what the rest of the country thinks.  The siege mentality will be good for the players and the club.  We need to band together and grind out some results.  At the end of the day, it is "us" v "them" and the sooner the fans and players get their heads around this the better in my opinion.

Where has meekly toeing the line got us with Chris Hughton? After listening to Joe's fiery rant I'm itching to pull my boots on if the players don't want to do it.

Guest guinness_fiend

Where has meekly toeing the line got us with Chris Hughton? After listening to Joe's fiery rant I'm itching to pull my boots on if the players don't want to do it.

That is exactly what I said.  It is about time that we employed someone, albeit part time, with some backbone.

You're missing his basic point, which that they're on his back writing shite about him before he's even got going.

You're missing his basic point, which that they're on his back writing s**** about him before he's even got going.

I'm just saying I think it comes across as childish, personally. I'd much prefer him to sit there and fire the players up in a positive manner, rather than hurling abuse at a bunch of journalists. That's just my opinion. I don't think for a second that the players will think this is positive. The majority (especially senior players) will think he comes across as a bit of a joke.

But it was a press conference, not a training session.

You're actually saying the same as the hacks: "Why is he doing this when he should be doing that?"

You're missing his basic point, which that they're on his back writing s**** about him before he's even got going.

I'm just saying I think it comes across as childish, personally. I'd much prefer him to sit there and fire the players up in a positive manner, rather than hurling abuse at a bunch of journalists. That's just my opinion. I don't think for a second that the players will think this is positive. The majority (especially senior players) will think he comes across as a bit of a joke.

I wish someone had told them like it is a long time ago. They've been absolute c@nts for years to Newcastle.

Instead of lying back and taking it, it's good to see Joe fighting back at them.

Joe's absolutely right to call them what he has. Because it's true. And then again, he's absolutely wrong, because it's not becoming of a manager to act like that. But you've got to admire his passion - true fire in his belly still...and if he can direct some of that fire into the players and gee them up, all well and good. In fact, should Keegan come back, I would loveit if he made Joe Kinnear his no.2 and gave him full-time responsibility for dealing with the press. Get it right up you, you lazy agenda-driven hacks.

Guest helios_centric

He's right to stand up to them and it's good to hear someone have a go at them, but to me he comes across as paranoid and panicky. Let's hope the players are fired up by it at least.

Similar to something Alex Ferguson would do, any shite written about the club and you get banned from any press conference held by the club, I seem to remember him stopping a press conference because he thought Shaun Custis was in there, it turned out to be his brother but he chucked him out too. :lol:

Similar to something Alex Ferguson would do

It's very like Fergie's rant last year.

Shreeves: I asked him…

Ferguson: F***ing (inaudible) bastard.

Shreeves: Don’t talk to me like that.

Ferguson: F**k off to you.

Shreeves: Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.

Ferguson: Don’t you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?

Shreeves: Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?

Ferguson: You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You’re the one.

Shreeves: I’m entitled to ask… Cristiano gave the right answer.

Ferguson: F***ing hell with your answers.

Shreeves: Don’t talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don’t talk to me like that.

Ferguson: F**k off. (door slams)

:lol:

Guest elbee909

Joe's absolutely right to call them what he has. Because it's true. And then again, he's absolutely wrong, because it's not becoming of a manager to act like that. But you've got to admire his passion - true fire in his belly still...and if he can direct some of that fire into the players and gee them up, all well and good. In fact, should Keegan come back, I would loveit if he made Joe Kinnear his no.2 and gave him full-time responsibility for dealing with the press. Get it right up you, you lazy agenda-driven hacks.

I agree the passion behind it is good, but the problem is, in the interview he is constantly caught out by the journalists. If he'd wanted to have a go at them, he should have based it on what was actaully written in the paper rather than blindly f-ing and blinding.

Fuck off!

:)