Newcastle 1 - 2 Blackburn - 27/09/08 - Post match reaction from page 10

JH

Jose Mourinho? How about Bobby Robson?

If you're not happy having players bought for you then he should have gone when Jonas arrived, not on the day after the transfer window closed which was the worst possible time.

If it was any other manager the fans would want him hung by his bollocks.

The situation is a bit different when you have a presumably world class striker forced upon you and not some unknown Spanish U-21 player when there are several other positions in desperate need of strengthening. For Keegan, it would be hard to get results, for Mourinho it would be harder not to.

So Keegan's role was to get a half-arsed under populated squad to play above themselves and just about make mid table and his leaving having exposed how weak and based on confidence that squad is that somehow remains his fault?

f*** right off.

Aye, leave king Kev alone.

It's not his fault he done a runner at the worst possible time leaving the club in the s***.

Which other manager wouldn't have "done a runner" if put under the same circumstances ?

If you're not happy having players bought for you then he should have gone when Jonas arrived, not on the day after the transfer window closed which was the worst possible time.

So does het get any credit for hanging on hoping thisngs would turn out okay or would you have slated him if he'd walked in June?

As I've also said before, if he had left then we'd have exactly the same shit squad as we have now.

I wouldn't have slaughtered him for walking in June, if he'd held his hands up and said this wan't for him I'd think a lot more of him than I do now.

I don't see any proof that the squad would be the same either.

So Keegan's role was to get a half-arsed under populated squad to play above themselves and just about make mid table and his leaving having exposed how weak and based on confidence that squad is that somehow remains his fault?

f*** right off.

Aye, leave king Kev alone.

It's not his fault he done a runner at the worst possible time leaving the club in the s***.

Which other manager wouldn't have "done a runner" if put under the same circumstances ?

So does het get any credit for hanging on hoping thisngs would turn out okay or would you have slated him if he'd walked in June?

As I've also said before, if he had left then we'd have exactly the same s*** squad as we have now.

I wouldn't have slaughtered him for walking in June, if he'd held his hands up and said this wan't for him I'd think a lot more of him than I do now.

Rightio.. That's easy to say now isn't it..?

Baggio assures me this squad is top 10 material so don't worry njs. Wise has improved the squad, no doubt.

Come on!

Every player brought in has pretty much shown a good amount of promise.

Whose to say more of the same wouldn't have come in if Keegan wasn't fighting to hold onto Barton, Alan Smith and Milner?

Wasn't someone also saying that Keegan was the one who wanted to sell Faye because of a disagreement between the two last season? Mental if true.

The situation is a bit different when you have a presumably world class striker forced upon you and not some unknown Spanish U-21 player when there are several other positions in desperate need of strengthening. For Keegan, it would be hard to get results, for Mourinho it would be harder not to.

Still a matter of principle though isn't it? Or are you saying principles go out of the window depending on how good the player is?

Btw the majority of fans thought we needed a striker as top priority.

If a June appointee had the same say as Keegan did, what makes you think the same deals wouldn't have been done?

If you mention players Keegan supposedly vetoed, I can easily name the players alleged to have been put for sale that Keegan probably stopped from leaving.