Who's worse?

Guest Gallowgate Mag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We knew this in June.  We knew this last season, when the same players were getting humiliated and still had the same inadequacies.  Only Shola and possibly Cacapa are playing because of the injury crisis.  Even with Guthrie, Gutierrez, etc. all fit there would still be a very good chance that Butt, Geremi, Taylor and Duff would be in the team.

I voted, but in all honesty this negativity is completely pathetic. What happened to the most loyal football supporters. I know they are playing crap at the moment but we still need to get behind them. I was at the match today, and the crowd was pathetic untill we got a pentalty, and for the 15 mins after we actually had some good spells whislt the noise was up, and then it died down. All the ironic cheering and booing is pathetic, we really need to turn around and look at ourselves I sometimes think.

Guest stjamestoon

Butt

Shite. Too slow, couldnt give a shit,looses ball and never chases back. Reason for first goal against spurs...awful at moment.

Harsh on Xisco and Coloccini tbf. Colo is doing twice the work, if he had someone he could rely on he'd be fine. Xisco's seen about much in the way of delivery's  as the Chernobyl power station recently.

Guest shearer_united

Ameobi has to leave. I appreciate him sticking around for years but for the squad to improve we have to get rid of those who have little value and skill and replace them with younger/better talent.

Duff.

Quite clearly capable of performing when the mood takes him, he showed some ability in the 2nd half on Saturday but that only shows the last couple of year's worth of performances as being even worse since he can beat another player, he just doesn't most of the time.

Ameobi is crap, but he's not playing below his ability.  Butt, Geremi & Cacapa are getting on a bit so their lack of physical ability is almost expected.  Taylor hasn't developed past where he was 2 years ago, but again he's not playing below his ability.

Duff.

Quite clearly capable of performing when the mood takes him, he showed some ability in the 2nd half on Saturday but that only shows the last couple of year's worth of performances as being even worse since he can beat another player, he just doesn't most of the time.

Ameobi is crap, but he's not playing below his ability.  Butt, Geremi & Cacapa are getting on a bit so their lack of physical ability is almost expected.  Taylor hasn't developed past where he was 2 years ago, but again he's not playing below his ability.

While I don't agree with Duff being the worst, I completely agree with your point. The thing that frustrates me the most about Duff is that he has a lot of ability and hasn't used it. He just seems too scared to take his man on most of the time.

Played better against Blackburn, would be nice if he could build on it.

Duff.

Pretty much spot on.

Harsh on Xisco and Coloccini tbf. Colo is doing twice the work, if he had someone he could rely on he'd be fine. Xisco's seen about much in the way of delivery's  as the Chernobyl power station recently.

Nonsense about Coloccini, he's been fairly poor since he got here in reality, but thats being masked by the fact that others around him have been just as bad or worse.

Cost us another goal on Saturday, to go with his one from Wednesday night.  Twice in a row, he's showed no awareness when a ball's played into the box and the attackers got away from him or outmuscled him.

I realise he is beyond criticism though.

I think Coloccini has looked pretty good for us considering the circumstances. My only slight concern is that he sometimes tries to play the ball out of defense too much.

I guess that`s because of what he`s been brought up on, passing from the back and on the deck rather than hoof it up the pitch and out of play. We clearly don`t have the players for the continental style of course though