New Strikers required next season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We have big problems right now but assuming we get a new owner and we don't get relegated this season there is a striker crisis on it's way: -

Viduka's contract ends at the end of this season. There is an option to extend but I can't see that happening with him being injured most of the time.

Ameobi's contract ends at the end of this season. No loss but he will need to be replaced.

Owen's contract ends at the end of the season. I can only imagine him staying if we get taken over by an Abramovich-type money no object owner/s. Even then it's not certain he would stay when he can probably go to one of the top 4.

That leaves us with Martins, Xisco (who is an unknown quantity at the moment) and Smith who is shite and I don't consider him to be a footballer striker.

We have big problems right now but assuming we get a new owner and we don't get relegated this season there is a striker crisis on it's way: -

Viduka's contract ends at the end of this season. There is an option to extend but I can't see that happening with him being injured most of the time.

Ameobi's contract ends at the end of this season. No loss but he will need to be replaced.

Owen's contract ends at the end of the season. I can only imagine him staying if we get taken over by an Abramovich-type money no object owner/s. Even then it's not certain he would stay when he can probably go to one of the top 4.

That leaves us with Martins, Xisco (who is an unknown quantity at the moment) and Smith who is shite and I don't consider him to be a footballer striker.

Owen would stay if we have a progressive owner and a forward thinking manager who look like they want to progress the club (and will pay his wages).

Bar the top 4 (and City), I can't see a club who could afford the wages and that he would play for. One last nice contract for 4 years and then MO will retire to his horses.

Defintely.

We should be spending 20m+ and getting a world class player in. Owen doesnt have the strength to lead the line and the rest are in need of either intense physical or mental conditioning. Martins is clearly a fruit-loop, Viduka's fucked, Ameobi is too stupid, Carrol is a tit and Smith is a liability.

Xisco we cant judge yet but doesnt look like a world beater yet.

I hope we try and nick Zaki off Wigan.

me too. He said he`s going to weigh up his options in the summer so I take it Wigan don`t have an automatic option for him......might be difficult to sign him if he keeps his form up. Tbh, not sure if I could see the likes of the big 4 being in for him though?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1751976.ece

Yep. Start next season with;

Martins Xisco Santa Cruz Ranger and one more.

At first I thought you were joking, but SC could be tempted by the money, plus Ranger will be brought in to score his obligatory 4 goals per game.

Guest Heneage

At first I thought you were joking, but SC could be tempted by the money, plus Ranger will be brought in to score his obligatory 4 goals per game.

Well Im working on the theory of having 4 start strikers and one "Prospect".

You calling Nile a prospect? How very dare you.

Not only that - a "Prospect" at that

Rather then a crysis it could be seen as an opportunity.  A chance to replace what is in effect one top class striker (Viduka, Ameobi and Smith just don't count to me) with two very good none injury prone strikers on a fraction of the wages.  Owen, Viduka, Smith and Ameobi combined account for about £14 million a year in wages, nearly 22% of the clubs total wage bill.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to keep Owen, let Ameobi, Viduka and Smith go, and replace both of them with one very good striker.  So we'd then have Owen, Martins, third top striker, Xisco, Carroll.  But there is a very real chance Owen will decide to leave at the end of the season unless a new owner comes in now and sorts things out quickly.

Guest MrSundlofer

We buy strikers every summer anyway. Really I can't remember the last time we didn't buy a striker or two over the summer. It is amazing how many big name strikers we have bought in....only for the majority to fail.

One summer when Robson was manager he only bought Bowyer. No striker.

Guest Heneage

Hes 10 fold what Carroll is.

Defintely.

We should be spending 20m+ and getting a world class player in. Owen doesnt have the strength to lead the line and the rest are in need of either intense physical or mental conditioning. Martins is clearly a fruit-loop, Viduka's fucked, Ameobi is too stupid, Carrol is a tit and Smith is a liability.

Xisco we cant judge yet but doesnt look like a world beater yet.

of course. I wonder how long it will be for those who defended Ashleys prudency [and encouraged the Halls and Shepherd to keep spending] will do yet another u-turn. Probably when the penny drops that the Halls and Shepherd approach was the best one, although hopefully it won't be on the back of a relegation.

We have needed a striker in this top quality bracket for the last 3 transfer windows