Everton 2-2 Newcastle - 05/10/08 - Post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Colo is total shite like.

He's been responsible for about 50% of the goals we've let in when he's played.

Utter crap from him so far.

Doesn't help having Taylor for a partner.

Partner is Cacapa today.

But lets not get at Colo, he's from Argentina you know and has funny hair!

You weren't on about today and today alone. Most of the time when he has played his partner has been Taylor.

And most of the time He's been shite, and its been his fault, but lets blame the person next to him since he's from Argentina and has funny hair.

You've not read my post have you. I quite clearly stated "Having Taylor as a partner doesn't help". Of course most of the time it has been his fault, but it can't help having such mediocre partners.

Funny that; its what i've been saying about Taylor's entire career at NUFC. What about the partners he's had?

PS: Cheers Taylor.  O0

That could also be twisted and say well Bramble had to partner Taylor. So it works both ways. Obviously you won't admit to that though.

Guest Geordiesned

kinnears' probably shouting in the dressing room '2 fucking 0 to those thieving bastards'. i wonder if anyone will tell him otherwise. he must regret not having ranger on the bench.

Kinnear "2 fucking nil!"

Taylor "but gaffer..."

K "shut the fuck up cunt i'm talking""

The problem we've got at the back is the same problem as last year, the partnership just doesn't work.

Last year we had Faye who won everything in the air and was the man who you would trust to mark the bigger physical strikers in the league, the problem we had was that we didn't have a partner next to him that was capable of getting around our half of the pitch more who could bring the ball out from the back, we've gone and brought a player in in the Summer capable of doing that but we also lost our big strong defender that was dominant in the air, which is leaving Colo as the main defender expected to win everything in the air and battle the big strikers which just isn't his game.

What I'd do for a Coloccini/Faye partnership at the back, hopefully we move for someone like Samba in January.

Anyone who criticises Geremi can do one. Yes he;s slow, yes he dwells on the ball, yes he can't take corners, but he can deliver quality from wide areas. Take note Zog and Duff. Thats how to cross.

People who criticise Geremi ahead of so many others in the team are clueless IMO.

The thing is he looks so gash ALL of the time but then gets an assist / goal any way

Guest Phil K

kinnears' probably shouting in the dressing room '2 f***ing 0 to those thieving bastards'. i wonder if anyone will tell him otherwise. he must regret not having ranger on the bench.

Kinnear "2 f***ing nil!"

Taylor "but gaffer..."

K "shut the f*** up c*** i'm talking""

Funny, but true.

Media influence you at all ? :rolleyes:

Utterly, utterly woeful. Kinnear ffs? Leaves both target men on the bench and goes long ball. Plays Butt and Duff. Subs off one of our most competent players. Enrique and Guthrie were the only ones who appeared capable of playing football in that half. Even Owen looked out of sorts, not that i can blame him. As for Everton; they're shit, uninventful, but we're making it easy.

Horrendous performance. We're going absolutely fucking nowhere lads.

Joe Kinnear has a very big decision to make, one that will result in a huge headache if he doesnt decide soon, and could ultimately decide whether NUFC stay up or get relegated.

The options are simple. Should it be:

David "Geremi" Beckham, or

GereBeckhami?

One things for sure. I wouldn't want to be Joe Kinnear anytime soon.

Partner is Cacapa today.

You weren't on about today and today alone. Most of the time when he has played his partner has been Taylor.

And most of the time He's been shite, and its been his fault, but lets blame the person next to him since he's from Argentina and has funny hair.

You've not read my post have you. I quite clearly stated "Having Taylor as a partner doesn't help". Of course most of the time it has been his fault, but it can't help having such mediocre partners.

Funny that; its what i've been saying about Taylor's entire career at NUFC. What about the partners he's had?

That could also be twisted and say well Bramble had to partner Taylor. So it works both ways. Obviously you won't admit to that though.

Sure. Bramble's slices, slips, lack of concentration is Taylor's fault.  mackems.gif

Guest fraser

The problem we've got at the back is the same problem as last year, the partnership just doesn't work.

Last year we had Faye who won everything in the air and was the man who you would trust to mark the bigger physical strikers in the league, the problem we had was that we didn't have a partner next to him that was capable of getting around our half of the pitch more who could bring the ball out from the back, we've gone and brought a player in in the Summer capable of doing that but we also lost our big strong defender that was dominant in the air, which is leaving Colo as the main defender expected to win everything in the air and battle the big strikers which just isn't his game.

What I'd do for a Coloccini/Faye partnership at the back, hopefully we move for someone like Samba in January.

TBF if we could play the same pairing for more than a couple of games in a row we might be better. Personally I'm looking forward to the Ferdinand (Rio variety) and Vidic partnership once the new mega-rich Arab/Chinese/African owner rolls up.

Aye, plus too many partnerships. No continuity; yeah it's difficult with injuries but if the team is changed every week then we'll get nowhere.

Feel so bad for the likes of Coloccini. I can't say i saw much of him prior to his time here, but only at this club can a currently top class player look so, so bad.

Duff is absolutely hopeless by the way. Never really realised he had the touch of a rapist aswell; but yeah, he's got that in his locker n'all. One of his most inept performances for us yet.

Kinnear's off his tits. Shocking management all round really so far. What the fuck was with that substitution, honestly?

From the games I have saw, Bassong has looked our best defender at defending. He should play at CB & either Colo or Taylor partners him.

Colo looks even poorer with Cacrappa alongside him than Taylor. The Argy probably has it built into his mentality not to trust them Brazilian fuckers so is playing on the edge.

Partner is Cacapa today.

Sure. Bramble's slices, slips, lack of concentration is Taylor's fault.  mackems.gif

Much like Taylor's shite positioning, air kicks, poor concentration and distribution are all Bramble's fault.