awful dirty mackems v Newcastle United, Saturday 25th October

Guest BooBoo

Score first, and we'll win.  :pow:

The mackems I know are mentally burnt out. Their confidence has ebbed away as Barton, Gutierrez, Martins, Gonzalez, Enrique and now Beye have come back into contention. Given, Shola and Duff have picked up a bit too. We'll name a strong XI and we'll have options and quality on the bench.

We should have nothing to fear going down there and we're long overdue a win. Bring it on. :)

Guest bertiemasson

Read this tonight. Thoughts?

Fine Article by Chris Mackin

http://www.footballfancast.com/blog/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-fan-dishes-out-a-few-rival-truths/6197

Roy doesn’t like you

There was mild furore following Sunderland’s penalty shoot out victory against Northampton, with Keano coming out and slating a section of your crowd that had given him stick. His girly outburst was supposedly mitigated by the fact that the lads he got a little prissy with were, as they would be described by sneering Broadsheet newspaper columnist, ‘chavs’. Ignoring, for a moment, the maliciously snobby undertones this argument carries, it also doesn’t explain who exactly the gaffer was attacking when making his comments about people moaning on internet message boards last April and what a bad thing this is.

If we are to assume it was a reference to the biggest of the Sunderland message boards then, in one crassly worded statement, Keane has alienated a section of your support who regularly demonstrate knowledge, level heads and wit. Of course, Roy, who does a fine line in ambiguous equivocation, was keen to stress that “some of the fans are brilliant,” presumably a reference to Steve Cram, who hasn’t been for years, but would probably say nice things about Roy Keane if asked about Sunderland by Victoria Derbyshire in a time filling exercise at the end of a feature covering doping cheats in the GB Olympic team.

You didn’t always like Niall

Amused eyebrows were raised in August 2006 as Sunderland’s ‘Green Day’, organised to welcome Quinn and his mates, drew only 24,377 of you, all of whom watched in morose and colourless silence as Plymouth, in their traditional green, strolled to a 3-2 victory. Quinn, your temporary manager at the time, was booed at the end. Luckily Quinn didn’t take this to heart, used to this type of abuse. He winded down his ‘Green Day’ celebrations reminiscing on his time as a player at Roker; more specifically on the time he missed a decent chance against Norwich and was barracked mercilessly by the Fulwell End.

You define yourself, and are thus defined, solely in relation to Newcastle United

When Sunderland beat West Ham in March earlier this year, you went briefly ahead of Newcastle United in the Premiership table. This wasn’t a big deal really- both teams we’re struggling- but the celebrations, in the form of staggeringly un-amusing text messages to Newcastle United supporting friends, spanned an entire Saturday evening and Sunday morning, before Newcastle’s win at White Hart lane ended your season prematurely. You were never to return to the dizzying position of ‘Above The Mags’.

Your foundations are not as solid as you might like to think

A chairman scared of the manager; a manager who views a contract extension offer as most other view a flickering light in the bathroom (i.e.: he might get round to having a look at it when the snooker’s finished) and a consortium of backers comprised of a couple of Dragon’s Den hopefuls and the bloke that doesn’t run your local but does help organise the Tuesday Night Quiz and snowball round suggest that your just as likely to do a Forrest as you are to be entertaining Real Madrid in the next few years.

Montgomery should have held the first effort

You have it bookmarked in your Youtube favourites. Go and have another look at it. Sloppy bit of goalkeeping from the big man. $

All this, and more, will no doubt be discussed in further detail come Saturday. Between half twelve and one at your place, yeah? Shouldn’t be a problem, looks like we’ve got a window. We’ll pencil you in. xxx.

I just want it to be tomorrow. f*** me, shitting it and also cannot f***ing wait. These games f*** me up.

Perfectly describes how Im feeling! I just want to get it over with tbh. I tell ya, if we win I think I'll be on a permanent high for 2 weeks!  :lol:

I havnt been able to think about anything other than this game for the whole week tbh. Its driving me mad!

wouldn't even drink when i were there....scared i reckon.

I don't drink and drive but hope to have enough time to get a lift in future, anyway, I'm having enough Stella now to make up for it.  :lol:

im nervous as fuck now. being crazy at work last two days with all the mackems there saying how amazing they are now and how "shit" we are, and how they are going to strole past us.. god i hate living in a mixed area!! hope we hammer them, will be a fun few days at work if we do . no one will talk haha

chilled now. tomorrow as ever on derby day i'll be a beacon of stoical calm.

hate and loath derby days.always have,always will.we always have more to lose.

I agree. Cannot stand it.

I love it.

chilled now. tomorrow as ever on derby day i'll be a beacon of stoical calm.

hate and loath derby days.always have,always will.we always have more to lose.

I agree. Cannot stand it.

i have a little speech and its probably the only thing i can say with clarity when in such a state that i can't even get my jaws to work enough to tell taxis drivers where to take me without pointing...and it goes thus..........

"even if we were beating the likes of barce,milan,inter,munich week in,week out and they were getting beat off jarrow roofing and esh whinning i'd still loath playing them ..just in case....we always have more to lose"

God i wish i was true Geordie right now. I mean yeah, im psyched, but not to the levels of some of yous on here. Dead excited but i don't think the nerves are as violent.

Ditto.

I'm a wreck at the minute. Not a clue what I'd be like if I'd managed to get a ticket for the game.

i have a little speech and its probably the only thing i can say with clarity when in such a state that i can't even get my jaws to work enough to tell taxis drivers where to take me without pointing...and it goes thus..........

"even if we were beating the likes of barce,milan,inter,munich week in,week out and they were getting beat off jarrow roofing and esh whinning i'd still loath playing them ..just in case....we always have more to lose"

The lows of getting beat really are low but winning more than makes up for that, I can't wait for this game.

The lows of getting beat really are low but winning more than makes up for that, I can't wait for this game.

neither can i. just to get it over with.

and with us being the dominant team for so long the mackems were expecting defeat anyway.